Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If you were the Commish........

Jeremiah_Johnson

Lets face it, having Dallas in the NFC "EAST", just doesn't make sense. Maybe 20-30 years ago sure, but now, you could easily put us in the NFC south.

ATlanta

N'awlins

Tampa

Dallas

Take Carolina and put them in the NFC East. Geographically speaking, it would make more sense.

So the question is, with as much as you despise the Cowboys, would you like to see them out of the NFC East, or do you enjoy the rivalry too much to ever move them?

I don't think you can ever move them out of the East. Its not like the cardinals (i.e. a team nobody cared about). But yea geographically speaking they definitely should be some where else. If I was commish I would kick them out of the league :)

So the question is, with as much as you despise the Cowboys, would you like to see them out of the NFC East, or do you enjoy the rivalry too much to ever move them?

Without the potential of 3 games vs the Cowboys I would see no reason to watch football...

Although I see no problem playing IN Carolina once a year, seeing as to how it's 1.5 hours away, and DC is 5

Dallas and the Skins need to stay in the same division. Other then maybe some AFC rivalry that i'm not very knowledgeable about, it is the biggest rivalry in the game. As a whole, the NFC east needs to stay the way it is.

5 Superbowl victories - Dallas

3 Superbowl victories - Washington

2 Superbowl victories - New York

0 Superbowl victories - Philadelphia

10 Superbowl wins out of 41 is crazy, every team has a rivalry with the next, Dallas, Washington and New York because they are contending for the Superbowl, and Philly because they are pissed they haven't won the big one.

The NFC East has the highest market in football when you speak division vs division. All 4 teams have developed into rivalries with each other over the past 4o years. Besides the Steelers and the new found success in New England, the NFC East has the biggest fan bases across the nation.

Lets face it, having Dallas in the NFC "EAST", just doesn't make sense. Maybe 20-30 years ago sure, but now, you could easily put us in the NFC south.

ATlanta

N'awlins

Tampa

Dallas

Take Carolina and put them in the NFC East. Geographically speaking, it would make more sense.

You'd like to play in a less difficult division...I can understand that puke logic... :laugh:

Geographic wise, what you say makes sense. A few years back when they re-aligned the divisions, they kept a few teams in the same division because the rivalries are so historic (Redskins-dallASS being one of those teams).

These games have huge ratings and to cut them and realign the divisions based solely on geographies, would be the death of the NFL.

ATlanta

N'awlins

Tampa

Dallas

Honestly,

I have thought the same thing and it makes sense. Giants would be the furthest away.....less travel.

But this is one of the bigger rivalries kind of hard seeing the big rivalries Cowboys vs. Saints or Redskins vs. Panthers

I want the Cowboys in the NFCE, where it's always a dogfight. To put them in the South (where, admittedly, they belong) would make life too easy on them. :)

ATlanta

N'awlins

Tampa

Dallas

Funny, because I was thinking about this the other day and how the NFL could re-zone the league to get teams from closer cities to play against each other. Here's what I came down to:

NEW AFC EAST

New England

NY Jets

NY Giants

Philadelphia

NEW AFC NORTH

Buffalo

Cleveland

Pittsburgh

Cincinnati

NEW AFC SOUTH

Atlanta