Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

First week vs. Dolphins (Green)

CommDownMan

It's finally official, skins will face Trent Green.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2894921

DAVIE, Fla. -- Quarterback Trent Green is finally with the Miami Dolphins in South Florida, where Daunte Culpepper's time is running out.

Green passed his physical with the Dolphins on Wednesday, completing a deal in which Miami acquired him from the Kansas City Chiefs for a fifth-round draft pick in 2008. Green's agent, Jim Steiner, said the Chiefs may get a fourth-rounder instead, depending on how Green fares in Miami this season.

I look at it this way ... if there was a question as to whether the Miami game would be broadcast in HD (recall CBS only does three each week), this may have enhanced that chance.

cheers

this isn't exactly TO returning to philly. most skins fans harbor no ill feelings towards green. i don't.

How do these threads keep becoming "Redskins related"??? Can someone please explain that to me? just because we play a team doesn't mean their news is redskins related.

Because you see, there's the tie in with Al having coached Green, and the info he can give to Williams to game plan for the match up. Al knows all of Trents flaws and what types of coverages he doesn't do well against. What blitzes he doesn't pick up on as quickly, and all sorts of stuff to help.

Any edge we can gain is a plus in my book. I hope that's related enough for ya :)

Does Trent Green have a background with the Miami coaching staff? Because I feel that from June to September might be a stretch to learn an entire offense. Don't you think Greg William's could go crazy on Trent while he struggles to find recievers in an offense he's only been studying for 3 months?

Does Trent Green have a background with the Miami coaching staff? Because I feel that from June to September might be a stretch to learn an entire offense. Don't you think Greg William's could go crazy on Trent while he struggles to find recievers in an offense he's only been studying for 3 months?
Cam Cameron was his former coordinator. It will not be much of a learning process, more of fine tuning.

My question is, who has the advantage Saunders or Green. Will green be able to explain our offense to his D coordinator better than Saunders can discect Green's tendencies?

Edit: Apparently Pete had the same idea as me. You're a freaking genius! ;)

The odds are Trent won't have his best game on Game 1 of learning a new offense.....

However Miami's defense was great last year and he may not have to have a great game.

According to NFL.com.....Miami's stats are here.....

Offensively 20(22R/13P) -- Defensively4(8R/5P)

I wish Trent Green nothing but continued success. I didn't want to see him go when he left here. I didn't realize he'd be as good as he is, but I knew he was better than our staff seemed to think at the time.

That being said, I hope he gets hit early and often in Week 1. And I think we've finally got the secondary to be able to bring the house down on him. Once we're 1-0, I'll go back to wishing him well again. :)

Because you see, there's the tie in with Al having coached Green, and the info he can give to Williams to game plan for the match up. Al knows all of Trents flaws and what types of coverages he doesn't do well against. What blitzes he doesn't pick up on as quickly, and all sorts of stuff to help.

Any edge we can gain is a plus in my book. I hope that's related enough for ya :)

Subtracted by the fact that Green is knowledgeable about Saunders playbook.

Brunell was an all-pro with several years left in the tank.

Brunell was All-Pro?

Not even in 1999 was he All-Pro and believe it or not before 2005 he had never thrown more than 20 TD's in 11 seasons in the league.

He was never more than a slightly above average QB who completely relied on his legs to compete.

Subtracted by the fact that Green is knowledgeable about Saunders playbook.

While that seems to be good reasioning, williams, when he has the people he wants is a master of disguising his blitzes and coverage. Knowing the playbook is only so good. Because of different personal, there will always be changes in the basic play and how it's executed. Knowing the traits of a quaterback first hand is much more useful in the long run. It makes it easier to bait him into mistakes.

I still see it as advantage Skins on this matter.

Archived