Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Billy Donovan Having 2nd Thoughts???

StillUnknown

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2892334

Billy Donovan informed the Magic and the University of Florida over the weekend that he had second thoughts about agreeing to be Orlando's head coach, but it's unclear if the NBA team will let him go.

Orlando has a signed contract from Donovan and are making a decision as to whether or not to let him out of the five-year, $27.5 million deal that he signed Thursday, multiple sources told ESPN.com Sunday.

If the Magic do let Donovan out of the deal, they have to decide whether to enforce a financial penalty. Both sides aren't talking publicly since there are legal issues involved in such a decision.

thats kinda crazy :laugh:

I suspect that there are lots of folks in Florida who'd be happy to cover any financial penalty that the Magic want to hit him with.

Im sure there are also a lot of pissed off fans in Gainesville that just saw "their coach" take the money and run. Im sure most will be super glad to have their NCAA championship winning coach back, but he did just kick them all in the nuts.

It looked like this last week.

Billy Donovan ----> :nutkick: <-----Florida fans.

Im sure there are also a lot of pissed off fans in Gainesville that just saw "their coach" take the money and run. Im sure most will be super glad to have their NCAA championship winning coach back, but he did just kick them all in the nuts.

It looked like this last week.

Billy Donovan ----> :nutkick: <-----Florida fans.

actually they see a coach who just won 2 championships, so i don't think they are that upset

Did you not read my post before quoting it?

yes and he didn't quick them in the nuts, remember florida was waiting too long for the extension and the Magic then offered him double basically what is he supposed to do?

yes and he didn't quick them in the nuts, remember florida was waiting too long for the extension and the Magic then offered him double basically what is he supposed to do?

Florida did NOT wait too long for the extension, why do you think Donovan isnt in Kentucky right now. Jeez Booma, you take a different side of this debate every time it comes up. Remember when RichRod was offered a ton of money by Alabama and you lambasted him for even considering it. Now for Billy Donovan its "what is he supposed to do?" Right. :rolleyes:

Anyways, IF YOU READ MY POST, i said "Im sure there are also a lot of pissed off fans in Gainesville that just saw "their coach" take the money and run. Im sure most will be super glad to have their NCAA championship winning coach back, but he did just kick them all in the nuts." READ it again, just so it sinks in.

Dont believe me? Why dont you actually look into what Gator fans were saying last week instead of just "assuming."

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=168#S=168&F=1970&T=575417

Florida did NOT wait too long for the extension, why do you think Donovan isnt in Kentucky right now. Jeez Booma, you take a different side of this debate every time it comes up. Remember when RichRod was offered a ton of money by Alabama and you lambasted him for even considering it. Now for Billy Donovan its "what is he supposed to do?" Right. :rolleyes:

He did not want to coach in Kentucky and I don't think he has signed any extension yet with Floriday.

Why does this have to be about YOUR coach again, it is a completely different situation. Donovan was leaving for the pros, or did you forget that. Had he left in went to Kentucky then he would have been kicking the florida fans in the nuts.

He did not want to coach in Kentucky and I don't think he has signed any extension yet with Floriday.

Why does this have to be about YOUR coach again, it is a completely different situation. Donovan was leaving for the pros, or did you forget that. Had he left in went to Kentucky then he would have been kicking the florida fans in the nuts.

Whatever Booma. The only thing it has to do with WVU was that basically the same situation happened, and you came down on opposite sides, which doesnt do much for your credibility.

It makes NO difference whether he was leaving for another school or the pros. He took the money and he was leaving. Period. Like i said, read what Florida fans were saying when he had left. All i said was that a lot of people are going to be pissed off at him for initially signing with the Magic. If you disagree, then you have no idea what you are talking about.....again.

I know you havent actually BEEN all that closely tied to a school with a big-time sports program like Florida, but im telling you (and i showed you the MB) that this is how fans react. People get very emotional in situations like this. Do you want me to actually post quotes from the Florida message board?

It makes NO difference whether he was leaving for another school or the pros.

Oh so you say going to the HIGHEST possible level in coaching is no different? Is that what you are saying there?

If that was the case then eveyrone would want to be stuck in their deadend jobs becuase they do not want to take that next step.

They do not have to spend a lot of time recruiting, and have no time restrictions from their players, which is why he wanted to go to the NBA. Yes the money is good but he also was tired of the NCAA rules.

There is a huge difference.

Regarding the fans, a fan is a fanatic in the first place so of course they will freak on any type of news for their team. If you talked to anyone logical there they would say thanks for what you did and good look at the next level.

Whatever Booma. The only thing it has to do with WVU was that basically the same situation happened, and you came down on opposite sides, which doesnt do much for your credibility.

It makes NO difference whether he was leaving for another school or the pros. He took the money and he was leaving. Period. Like i said, read what Florida fans were saying when he had left. All i said was that a lot of people are going to be pissed off at him for initially signing with the Magic. If you disagree, then you have no idea what you are talking about.....again.

I know you havent actually BEEN all that closely tied to a school with a big-time sports program like Florida, but im telling you (and i showed you the MB) that this is how fans react. People get very emotional in situations like this. Do you want me to actually post quotes from the Florida message board?

:owned:

If that was the case then eveyrone would want to be stuck in their deadend jobs becuase they do not want to take that next step.

Boom, are you really comparing the head coaching job of the NCAA basketball back-to-back national champions to your normal run-of-the-mill dead end job? Seriously?

Just apologize for being so off base and be done with it. Your already porous credibility is getting pummeled, yet again. :doh:

:owned:

Boom, are you really comparing the head coaching job of the NCAA basketball back-to-back national champions to your normal run-of-the-mill dead end job? Seriously?

Just apologize for being so off base and be done with it. Your already porous credibility is getting pummeled, yet again. :doh:

can anyone here think??? what i was referring is last i checked the NCAA is not the top level in basketball unless you and blitz know something I don't :)

if you want me to bring up off base i can show many examples of your work so wouldn't go spewing credibility now :)

can anyone here think??? what i was referring is last i checked the NCAA is not the top level in basketball unless you and blitz know something I don't :)

Did you or did you not use the analogy of a dead-end job to describe moving from the NCAA to the NBA?

if you want me to bring up off base i can show many examples of your work so wouldn't go spewing credibility now :)

They are different animals.

In your way of thinking John Wooden, Dean Smith and Mike Krzyzewski's careers are somehow diminished because they haven't coached NBA teams?

Did you or did you not use the analogy of a dead-end job to describe moving from the NCAA to the NBA?

i did not say an ncaa job is a deadend job, what i said was if you are at a deadend job you would like to leave for the next level

if you are a basic programmer and you have no ability to move but are offered a lead position (next level), if you are a junior project manager, but are offered a senior project manager somewhere else (next level) if you are a director of finance and offered a cfo position somewhere else (next level)

now lets try this on a different level if you take the sport of basketball you start out coaching some small pee wee league, then you get a gig say middle school (next level) then you perform well and are offered an assistant hs coach job somewhere else (next level), then you are offered a head coach at the hs level, then start the cycle in college, then go to the pros :)

or just let me know of an industry more to your level of thinking and i can help :silly:

They are different animals.

In your way of thinking John Wooden, Dean Smith and Mike Krzyzewski's careers are somehow diminished because they haven't coached NBA teams?

No they never had pro aspirations as did Donovan he said all along he wanted to get back to the pros. Pro coaching is not for everyone, but Donovan had said all along he would pursue it in the future.

I don't look down at him for jumping to the next level that was my whole point. Now if he left Florida for another college job that is a different story.

I also would not look down at him if he decided this was not what he wants to do. Making that decision to leave something so comfortable for something more challenging is very hard. What would be good is if he does want to leave that it is now intead of later.

Archived