Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why Does Steve Czaban ....

Hubster

And his associates hate the Skins so much? When ever they talk about them all they do is bash the team and what moves they might have made. They bash Snyder every chance they get. They bash Gibbs on the moves he makes. Yes the Duckett trade deserves to be bashed. But the stadium issue isn't Dan's falt. It was there when he bought the team. I have a thought of why they might not like them. Is it because Dan didn't offer there sorry azzes a job when he started the radio station? Or maybe because Gibbs doesn't come on the day after the games anymore. Whatever the reason i'm getting tired of hearing him and B. Mitch bash the team. Every now and then I could deal with but every time?

Czabe is a Skins fan. But he's unhappy with the way things have been going over the past 10 years. And he's got a damn good reason.

I'll still support the team and always be 100% behind them, but I understand where the disillusioned are coming from.

He's got a legitimate point on most of his arguments. He doesn't always drink the kool aid and he's overly negative (as many mentioned on this site). He loves the

Skins and that's all that matters. People have differing opinions, and I realize he rubs people the wrong way. I still like him b/c he doesn't always agree just for agreement's sake. B Mitch says some good things from time to time, but he also sounds like an ass too. Riggo is much better to listen to, as is Doc Walker and J.T. Czabe is okay, but sometimes the negativity gets old. :2cents:

I like his national morning show.

I know a lot of people think that local media is out to get Snyder. But, I don't think they're anything like Lenny P or King. I think this is how it goes when your team isn't really "good" for a stretch of time. Think its any easier in Dallas when they haven't won a playoff in a decade? I'm sure they have their own Czab who's saying "What the hell makes anybody think Wade can be the HC to get them over the top? What makes you think he can do it? He's had chances at the HC spot and NEVER won a playoff game." and all that jazz.

My advice is getting Sirius or XM. Sirius has an NFL morning show that's decent.

Czaban fine I like to listen to him in the morning I dont mind the tough love he and B Mitch gives ( BMitch goes a little far sometimes) but I think it's much needed sometimes as fan we tend to make excuses for our team and it let's us stop and see things we over look I tend to enjoy it. And he is a true REDSKIN fan.

I only get his national show here locally. In that forum, I think he has to be careful that he isn't coming across as too much of a homer. Unfortunately, alot of his arguments for bashing have merit.

I heard him tell a story once on Comcast a few years ago in the pre-season (during some extra air time) - He said before Snyder owned the Redskins and before he was employed on radio, Czaben worked for a marketing company that was a competitor of Snyder Communications. He specifically talked about the first time he met Snyder where they both were in a meeting competing for the same bid with a client and talked about how Snyder's people were so detailed and organized that Czaben's people didn't stand a chance. - He told the story with this look on his face like Snyder did something wrong, where I came off with the impression he resented Snyder for being a better business man.

Czaben also creates things to talk about which are usually cynical scenarios.

During his first year back Joe Gibbs had a radio show every Monday with Czaban and Andy Pollin. Czaban was completely disrespectful of Gibbs several times after Gibbs was off the air. He would mock his laugh, his accent, his faith in God and the way he pumped up most of the players even though the team was losing. Czaban was also offended that Gibbs wouldn't take his suggestions, like the QB wearing a wrist-band with plays on it. Gibbs was always polite but dismissed the ideas. Year two rolls around and obviously Czaban's mocking of Gibbs had gotten back to Joe and he said he would be happy to still do the radio show but not if Czaban is involved. Bram Weinstein took over the radio interviews of Gibbs and Czaban has been bitter as hell since. His criticism went from him trying to be funny to truly bitter. He's got nobody but himself to blame for his removal either. Criticize Gibbs all you want for play calling, game management, strategy but when you start mocking his personal traits, faith, etc. you've crossed the line.

Wait a second...this team has won 2 playoff games in 15 years, blows up the salary cap on an annual basis, charges fans more for a gameday experience than 31 other teams do, was 5-11 last year, and has one of the older rosters in the league. How is saying something bad about this team 'bashing'? Those are facts.

I don't see it as bashing and it was his opinion on Comcast last year after another Brunell debacle that "gave" the Redskins the opportunity to put Campbell into game.

Its not bashing when he points out the draft picks we gave up to trade up for Rocky McIntosh and somehow the linebacker coaches can't find situation aka packages he can be in instead of Holdman.

Its not bashing to point out the draft picks on marginal players paid like they made the probowl on our team and show the players who could ve have been drafted if we kept the picks.

Since Snyder took over, this team has averaged 6.5 wins a season over those eight campaigns. Maybe you should be questioning why you aren't more upset as a fan, rather than why he is upset.

Wait a second...this team has won 2 playoff games in 15 years, blows up the salary cap on an annual basis, charges fans more for a gameday experience than 31 other teams do, was 5-11 last year, and has one of the older rosters in the league. How is saying something bad about this team 'bashing'? Those are facts.

Actually, they are not.

We have never "blown-up the Salary Cap." The cap hell that everyone has been predicting for the past seven years has never happened. Why? Because our owner knows how to manage money and work the cap. And furthermore, why is it so bad that our owner actually uses every dollar he is allowed to try and help this team???

The Redskins are not the highest charging team in the NFL; the Patriots are. But thanks for parading your ignorance once again by simply going off of what the media might want you to believe.

We do not have anywhere near the oldest rosters in the league. Infact, we are not in the top half of teams with the oldest rosters. You are doing great with your "facts." Please, actually look up information before spouting it as facts.

Actually, they are not.

We have never "blown-up the Salary Cap." The cap hell that everyone has been predicting for the past seven years has never happened. Why? Because our owner knows how to manage money and work the cap. And furthermore, why is it so bad that our owner actually uses every dollar he is allowed to try and help this team???

The Redskins are not the highest charging team in the NFL; the Patriots are. But thanks for parading your ignorance once again by simply going off of what the media might want you to believe.

We do not have anywhere near the oldest rosters in the league. Infact, we are not in the top half of teams with the oldest rosters. You are doing great with your "facts." Please, actually look up information before spouting it as facts.

please show me your "facts" as to who is older and how you arrived at this conclusion.

and the pats are allowed to charge more, they dont go 5-11.

Archived