Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Workout thread

Switchgear

literally finished day 3 right now, catching my breath. Pylometrics is fun after you get into it, after the warm up lunges i was wondering if i was going to finish the whole video (i did, and then some). The heismann pose was my fav, use a football, it gives u that exta pump.

Ab ripper is my enemy by the way.

Ab Ripper is a ****ing beast!

So week 2 then? How's it going for you?

Tomorrow is Day 7 of week 1 for me and I'm kind of sad it's just a rest/stretch....I can't wait to get going again.

I like the x-stretch, but yeah u want to do more, i just ran some and went to the pool and did some swimming to keep things going. I beasted my chest work out compared to day 1. I can already tell i'm getting stronger after just 1 week

I slacked off a bit today on the cardio... only 20 minutes instead of 30. Mainly b/c I'm having an adverse reaction to some antibiotics, and trust me, it ain't pretty.

But I had a pretty good freeweight session.

Tomorrow is cardio only. Gonna get up early and hopefully snag the elliptical before anyone else in the hotel.

Anyone willing to try and post "before & after" pictures after a set time frame (lets say 3 or 4 months from today) Might give everyone a lil boost in motivation?

I'm down. I'm actually doing it every 30 days on my MySpace....

On your earlier post, I think I'm just going to go swimming and do a few free weights and stretch. I can't wait to get week 2 going.

• 3 weeks later...

Good work.

Getting back into things despite a nagging shoulder injury. Time to change things up. Going to go heavy with the dumbells and moderate with the barbells. Change up the exercises some and concentrate on the HIIT training. Have a few hills out here to run up and down on.

I've ramped up my routine lately... I set up a custom program on the elliptical machine for interval training. Much of what I've read says it's the way to go.

So one day, 45 minutes interval training

Next day, 30 minutes cardio (Target Heart Rate exercise) followed by 2-3 sets of 12 reps dumbell exercises. chest, shoulders, arms, etc. Next day, 45 minutes interval, and so on.

I've been keeping this up for a while, and feeling great. I haven't taken a day off in 5 weeks. Will be 6 weeks straight as of this Thursday.

Also... doing about 5-10 minutes worth of stretching before and after workouts

been doing ab workouts lately. 3 months of straight abs and running will have me lookin sexy for the beach in August. :D

its been beach time for me since march lol, march till october/november

don't have the beach bod yet tho, got another 2 months of p90x

Just got hired on as a paramedic/firefighter for prince william county so ive been amping up the cardio and changing my lifting routine for strength to get through fire academy.

Quick question to those who know the calculations and stuff. If I did 185 17 times... what does that make my 1 rep max? I'm trying to figure my exact 1 rep max so i can plug it in and start this workout. I would have repped out at 225 to get a more accurate measure but for whatever reason I decided against it.

I've ramped up my routine lately... I set up a custom program on the elliptical machine for interval training. Much of what I've read says it's the way to go.

Have you thought about jumping rope for interval training? It works great. I set my timer to countdown from whatever workout length I choose, then just do a fast pace at the top of each minute for about 40 seconds, followed by a 20 second slower pace. It adds a little variety.

Have you thought about jumping rope for interval training? It works great. I set my timer to countdown from whatever workout length I choose, then just do a fast pace at the top of each minute for about 40 seconds, followed by a 20 second slower pace. It adds a little variety.

I've never been a good jump-roper :(

But I hear it is an incredible workout. Thousands of boxers can't be wrong

I've never been a good jump-roper :(

But I hear it is an incredible workout. Thousands of boxers can't be wrong

You would be surprised how fast you pick it up. I thought the same thing at first.

• 2 weeks later...
Just got hired on as a paramedic/firefighter for prince william county so ive been amping up the cardio and changing my lifting routine for strength to get through fire academy.

Quick question to those who know the calculations and stuff. If I did 185 17 times... what does that make my 1 rep max? I'm trying to figure my exact 1 rep max so i can plug it in and start this workout. I would have repped out at 225 to get a more accurate measure but for whatever reason I decided against it.

According to this website http://www.bodybuilding-supplement-guide.com/1-rep-max-bench-press-calculator.html 333 pounds should be your one rep max but that seems off to me. I could be wrong but I know for a fact that I've benched 205 18 times and I can't bench 389 like this calculator says. I dunno

Bodybuilding.com has a good two rep max calculator that seems to be more accurate if you ask me.

Archived