Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ok...You knoow we gotta mull it over...Kelly Herndon

SkinsNoles21

So I've been out drinking, and the first thing I always do when I return (of course) is check Extremeskins. I noticed Kelly Herndon was released, and I assumed it would be a top thread on extremeskins. When I reached "The Stadium" I viewed the page horrified as I did not see the discussion taking place...anyways...here it is...cuz yooooou knooow we gotta talk about it.

Kelly Herndon got the ax from Seattle today...do we bring him in?

link (bc that is the 2nd thing you gotta have)

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-seahawks-herndon&prov=ap&type=lgns

So I've been out drinking, and the first thing I always do when I return (of course) is check Extremeskins. I noticed Kelly Herndon was released, and I assumed it would be a top thread on extremeskins. When I reached "The Stadium" I viewed the page horrified as I did not see the discussion taking place...anyways...here it is...cuz yooooou knooow we gotta talk about it.

Kelly will find a job this season but not with the Redskins. This need has been filled. However, I do look for them to keep a close eye out on the DE's and DT's that may be released. I understand what Gibbs has said about being happy with his DL this year but I still think thats just smoke for now. He needed help last season and I still think he needs help on this DL. Hope I'm wrong....

I say bring him in, why not. If he looks bad, don't sign him. If he looks good, give him a contract. I say the only reason not to bring him in is if we are planning to use our remainig $$$s on another position.

June-2nd-2007, 03:35 AM #6

Mackdaddydean

The Role Player

Posts: 991 Re: Ok...You knoow we gotta mull it over...Kelly Herndon

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

usually pumpkins don't stink right away, unless you put a candle in them. Try to carve them with knives not spoons. The gorillas hate it when you use spoons.

I don't think that we need Herdon at all. Even if Springs goes down, I think we truly got a steal by getting Macklin

How was Macklin a steal? He's been in the league 7 yrs and has proven he's little more then a solid dimeback. If that's the only role he has to play, then fine. But do you think he's going to magically start locking down top WRs if he forced to because of injury to Springs or someone else? I doubt it. It'll be Kenny Wright all over again.

:doh: Until someone gets hurt...again!

Yes and no. Last year you moved Wright into the starting lineup, or Rumph and neither really could hold the position down in an aggressive defense that we liked to play so we dialed it back. We know Smoot can play in this defense and he's in the Wright role right now. And Macklin provides a very good fourth option right now if Springs does get hurt. That's the difference between now and last year.

How was Macklin a steal? He's been in the league 7 yrs and has proven he's little more then a solid dimeback. If that's the only role he has to play, then fine. But do you think he's going to magically start locking down top WRs if he forced to because of injury to Springs or someone else? I doubt it. It'll be Kenny Wright all over again.

I'm not sure you actually follow football enough to make comment if you think Macklin has been a career dime player when he's primarily been a career starter. He's not a great player, no doubt, but he's a far more solid player than you seem to understand and in that case, you should probably not speak.

Archived