Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ok...You knoow we gotta mull it over...Kelly Herndon

SkinsNoles21

I'm not sure you actually follow football enough to make comment if you think Macklin has been a career dime player when he's primarily been a career starter. He's not a great player, no doubt, but he's a far more solid player than you seem to understand and in that case, you should probably not speak.

I'll speak when I feel like it, thank you. I didn't say he was a career dime player. He has been a starter, but he's proven he's not very good in that role. Which is exactly why teams weren't falling over themselves to sign him as a UFA. Why did he come so cheap? You think maybe it's because teams know he's no better then a 4th or 5th CB and they'd rather have young players in that role who can grow into something more? As it stands now where is Macklin on the depth chart? 4th or 5th? Thank you!

Basically, Herndon is a veteran CB, who may not longer be starting corner material. So is Kenny Wright, Mike Rumph, etc. I don't recall anything Herndon did that was Pro-Bowl level -- except for playing for many different teams that were in Superbowls, so he logged some Superbowl stats.

He's 30 years old, coming off a major ankle injury. At best, he'd be a nickel cornerback, and I think we've got that role well covered. Should injuries or departures hit the Redskin secondary -- then maybe we'd might want to consider Herndon.

I'd rather have the Skins' organization concentrating on finding quality DTs, DEs, and LGs out there who are becoming available. We need more upgraded depth at those positions than we need another nickel CB.

hahaha...its always funny to read threads you started the night before after having "one beer"

I don't think we need Herndon either...If Springs misses his usual 3-5 games, I will have no problems with Smoot and Rogers being our top two corners.

However, if Herndon does get hurt, then who is going to be our number four corner? That is when we will have to add some depth and when you start adding depth mid-season you know you are having problems.

But for some reason I'm feeling Springs is going to have a real solid year as a Skin.

I agree with 21Kock_U_Out, were fine at corner right now and have enough depth. But if for some reason springs is not gonna be at full speed by season start, then yes, by all means bring herndon in.

while we are set at CB i think many fans are missing the overall glaring need...personal punt protector...i mean when we traded the league's high paid personal punt protector we should consider his replacement :applause:

hahaha...its always funny to read threads you started the night before after having "one beer"

I don't think we need Herndon either...If Springs misses his usual 3-5 games, I will have no problems with Smoot and Rogers being our top two corners.

However, if Herndon does get hurt, then who is going to be our number four corner? That is when we will have to add some depth and when you start adding depth mid-season you know you are having problems.

But for some reason I'm feeling Springs is going to have a real solid year as a Skin.

Yes and no. Last year you moved Wright into the starting lineup, or Rumph and neither really could hold the position down in an aggressive defense that we liked to play so we dialed it back. We know Smoot can play in this defense and he's in the Wright role right now. And Macklin provides a very good fourth option right now if Springs does get hurt. That's the difference between now and last year.

I read a post in another thread that stuck with me where someone mentioned the possibility of Springs out and Rogers and Smoot having to account for the likes of T.O, Glenn and Meechum (sp.). :puke:

Dont feel bad for a sudden reconsideration, folks. :D

vet min, plus incentives. I am so tired of seeing this posted. Everytime someone is mention they say, vet min,plus incentives. Hey LT and Peppers is available !!!! some one would say. vet min, plus incentives

while we are set at CB i think many fans are missing the overall glaring need...personal punt protector...i mean when we traded the league's high paid personal punt protector we should consider his replacement :applause:

Seriously, we should trade for Peyton Manning. Then we would have the highest paid punt protector again and we could run a fake punt pass aswell.

If Shawn Springs gets the ax, then maybe. Otherwise, I don't think it's necessary.

I can't see us adding another CB. Springs is going be with this team for the '07 season and I'm willing to bet that he will stay healthy.

Archived