Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN's Top 5 RB Tandems

skinsaddict2621

I don't know if this was already mentioned. I know there was an SI version of the top 10, but anyways, here are the top 5 RB tandems according to ESPN & NFL Live.

5. LaDainian Tomlinson & Michael Turner

4. Fred Taylor & Maurice Jones-Drew

3.Warrick Dunn & Jerious Norwood

2. Chester Taylor & Adrian Peterson

1. Deuce McAllister & Reggie Bush

Interesting notes: Portis and Betts aren't on there, yet Taylor & Peterson are even though Peterson hasn't taken a single NFL snap. Also, Warrick Dunn isn't better than Clinton Portis & Jerious Norwood isn't better than Ladell Betts, so we should be 3rd or 2nd.

Oh well, while I love ESPN, this just shows how biased they are against the Redskins. Also, does anyone notice whenever they show footage of other teams and their QB, RB, or WR, the Redskins are almost always one of the teams being "owned" and they're a lot of times the first team that is shown being "owned".

Sorry meant Michael "the Burner" Turner not Dunn

Is that supposed to be LT and Michael Turner at 5?

Dunn/Norwood being on this list ahead of CP/Betts and LT/Turner is a joke. Taylor and ADP has plenty of potential, but two is waaaaay too high.

Correct rankings:

1. LaDainian Tomlinson - Michael Turner

2. Deuce McAllister - Reggie Bush

3. Clinton Portis - Ladell Betts

4. Fred Taylor - Maurice Jones-Drew

5. Chester Taylor - Adrian Peterson

That is some seroius BS. But to no suprise to anyone I suspect. Anyone with a brain (even those who are not Redskins fans) cant contest that CP and LB should be in the top 5. I think even cowpuke fans could ***** about their tandem not being on this list. I mean Warrick Dunn and Jerious Norwood at #3? wtf?

The only logic I see to not including Portis and Betts is that they havent been used as a double threat as much as say Duece and Reggie. But then they go on to add Taylor and Peterson when Peterson hasnt even played a down in the league

Putting Chester Taylor and a rookie at #2 is criminally negligent. How LT and Turner aren't #1 or #2 is beyond me.

it's espn! What did you really expect. They're at least 2 other tandems I can think of off the top that I would have put on there instead of that crap they put.

Portis/Betts (obviously)

and

Julius Jones/Marion Barber III

Its an even bigger joke considering Taylor isn't even that good to begin with. ESPN is stupid.

agreed. Taylor sucked ass with the Ravens and all of a sudden has one good year with the Vikes and now him and an unproven rookie are a #2 best tandem in the league? Unreal. If that was the case, than Betts/Portis should be #1 seeing how Betts came in halfway into the season and almost had as many yards as Taylor!

ESPN = :doh:

Unless they got the order wrong, I don't think that sounds too far off. Peterson/Taylor might be a reach, but I doubt it has anything to do with a bias toward the Redskins. Minnesota clearly has a ton of potential at that spot, and I can see why people would think they are going to have a dangerous rushing attack.

The Redskins right now may have an underrated rushing attack, but I think the only reason why they don't stick out is because Portis and Betts are very similar type runners, which really doesn't mean anyhting at all other than it's just not sexy to sportwriters.

Same thing with the Giants, although our running back tandem gets far less respect than most teams in the NFL.

Nobody seems to have a problem around here designating ST and Landry as one of the best safety tandems in the league, yet everyone gets up in arms because Adrian Peterson hasn't taken a snap in the league but is considered a very good tandem??

Can anyone say "Double-Standard"??

Nope.

You are on a Redskins fansite and call yourself a Cowboy fan??

Can you say "Double-Fanatic"??

Apparently assuming a rookie is going to be great without ever seeing him take a snap is alright if it helps insult the Redskins.

Clinton Portis is FAR better than Chester Taylor will ever be in his pathetic career, and at the most, Adrian Peterson can pray to be nearly as good as Portis.

Nobody seems to have a problem around here designating ST and Landry as one of the best safety tandems in the league, yet everyone gets up in arms because Adrian Peterson hasn't taken a snap in the league but is considered a very good tandem??

Can anyone say "Double-Standard"??

Double Standard?

Read ANY thread on Landry on this board. You'll find that most people end up saying something like "Lets not get out our anointing oil yet, he still hasn't even suited up."

Funny, its only a double standard because you're to ignorant to bother reading a thread.

Archived