Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

With the 1st pick in the 2008 NFL Draft, the Dallas Cowboys select......

Jeremiah_Johnson

So that's what irony means. I must have missed that in all those literature and writing classes. Damn, thanks for giving me a message board edu-ma-cation.

My point being that I focused the discussion back on the ironic fact of Jones fixing his own messup and away from a message board typo - always one of the lamest and most cliche (that means overused ;) ) comebacks in posting. Is this a professional writing forum or a football message board? You get the point, so next time, come with something more creative.

:dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck

I was just poking a little fun man:cool:. But back to the point...

Yes it is, Jones screws the Browns to fix his screw up while we all wait to see how he screws up in '08. It should be fun to watch.

Sure it will be fun to watch. I bet you'll be laughing it up when cleveland hands dallas a top five pick in the draft next year. JJ gave up a 3rd and a 5th this year for what will amount to a top 5 pick in next years draft....all while still getting the player they wanted. Spin it any way you like it....but that was a solid move.

Jerry loves players from Arkansas....you think he'll pass up an opportunity to grab mcfadden?? think again.

Cowboy fans are delusional if they think even with Cleveland's first rounder, they will get McFadden without trading up again. I know it's early, but barring injury concerns or run-ins with the law (seemingly a welcome practice by Dallas), McFadden will go higher than even that pick.

Cowboy fans are delusional if they think even with Cleveland's first rounder, they will get McFadden without trading up again. I know it's early, but barring injury concerns or run-ins with the law (seemingly a welcome practice by Dallas), McFadden will go higher than even that pick.

few problems with this...

cleveland has a brutal schedule so there is a good possibility we could get a top 3 pick. They could also turn things around as well....but right now the odds look good.

reggie bush and calvin johnson were both far and away the best players in the draft...yet they didnt go #1.

Anyway, so much can happen between now and then its hard to predict. But Jerry does have an affection for Arkansas, so its entirely possible he makes a play for him, and with 2 first rounders...it makes things a little easier.

Speaking of ducking questions you ducked what I said

You said Spencer and I told you that you were wrong.

See you were smart enough to realize we needed OLB help so you named like 6 OLB's. I doubt you knew who spencer was before you looked it up

I love you BDF5. I told you before the draft who would be a bad pick for the pukes...and, you can't acknowledge that I was right on.

Frankly, I gave you OLBs because I thought that was the pukes' strength.

The rookie isn't going to beat Ellis out of a job.

The only thing the pukes did to improve themselves yesterday was to pick the OL in the second round.

I know you don't believe it, but your offense will be the problem this year.

It's really too early to speculate on Cleveland's pick. I'm just glad we have the luxery of two first rounders and an opportunity to continue to build.

Your needs were/are: WR, RB, OT, QB. Quinn has enough talent that he should have been your pick.

Hey, puke fans are wondering why they passed on Quinn:

From e-mail: I'm really amazed that once again the Boys passed on a potential franchise quarterback. A few years back we passed on Aaron Rodgers and now Brady Quinn. Quinn would have been in a great position studying under the tutelage of Jason Garrett and Brad Johnson. Thoughts?

Albert

Todd Archer: I understand Jerry Jones' logic on this one, but for years he wondered if his team could ever get a top-of-the-draft quarterback and he was staring at it. It's not like the Cowboys didn't think highly of Quinn. He was among their top eight players. At worst, the Cowboys get draft picks in return for Quinn should Tony Romo sits to pee continue to be The Man. At best, the Cowboys are covered should Romo sits to pee not be The Man. The Cowboys drafted Steve Walsh in the supplemental draft after taking Troy Aikman. The Niners traded for Steve Young when they had Joe Montana. San Diego took Philip Rivers when it had Drew Brees.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/misc/chat/stories/050107dnspochat.23189e94.html

Most puke fans aren't convinced Romo sits to pee is a talent.

Your needs were/are: WR,
Says who? You? WR WILL be a need but unless we're drafting a superstar, a WR wasn't warranted given the talent available vs. what we already have: Two thousand yard recievers including the league leader in recieving TD's. Patrick Crayton is a reliable third and Hurd and Austin deserve a shot to develop. We also DRAFTED a WR in the 4th round!
RB,

We have one of the best one two punches in the league. Marion Barber III scored more offensive TD's than the Oakland Raiders offense did all season.

OT,

Check!

QB. Quinn has enough talent that he should have been your pick.

O.K., why OUR pick and not the pick of 21 other teams who could have selected him including teams in dire need of a QB? We have a young pro-bowler who should only get better.

Yea, the spencer pick didn't really do much for me. Kiper saying he'll be ROY doesn't mean much, either:laugh:

As far as I'm concerned Dallas is still making up for lost time by passing on Steven Jackson. That would have been a good pick, but instead ended up with mr. injury Julius Jones. I'd say Redskins fans won that debate for the next oh, 5-7 years. I know it stings Cowboys fans. Better luck next time. Maybe you'll get McFadden in 08, but then again, maybe Cleveland will actually turn things around;).

I must admit I thought Dallas was going to take DB Meriweather, WR Meachem, Bowe or QB Quinn with the 22nd pick. As a non Cowboy fan, I am happy they didn't pick one of these players.

I was high on Meriweather but getting Hamlin allowed us to focus on other areas. I liked Meachum ahead of Bowe and I did want him. When I look back though WR was not our greatest need. I just don't think Quinn will be very good. Opposing offenses will not have much time to pass against us. Just you wait! :cool:

ask Denver about assuming (hoping) a team will be bad so they will get a top ten pick

I agree, it's a dangerous game. I'll root for Cleveland to lose every game but I won't lose sleep over it. All Buffaloe did was go 9-7 two years ago when we had their pick. With that said, I can't imagine Cleveland finishing better than 6-10 especially with their brutal schedule. We'll see.

I was high on Meriweather but getting Hamlin allowed us to focus on other areas. I liked Meachum ahead of Bowe and I did want him. When I look back though WR was not our greatest need. I just don't think Quinn will be very good. Opposing offenses will not have much time to pass against us. Just you wait! :cool:
I had Meachem ranked well ahead of Bowe. He or Meriweather would have been killer picks for the Cowboys.

Just think of the compliment Meriweather would have been to Williams. Or if Meachem was the pick, there would be little worries about next season at WR if Crayton is resigned. No worries about holding onto TO, his baggage and the aging Glenn.

I had Meachem ranked well ahead of Bowe. He or Meriweather would have been killer picks for the Cowboys.

Just think of the compliment Meriweather would have been to Williams. Or if Meachem was the pick, there would be little worries about next season at WR if Crayton is resigned. No worries about holding onto TO, his baggage and the aging Glenn.

Very valid points but look closely at what made SD such a nasty defense. Pressure, pressure, pressure. Most can't even name 3 starters in their secondary but most know Merriman and Phillips. Heck, the casual fan doesn't even know Phillips but he had double digit sacks and was a key cog for Wade's 3-4. The fact that we didn't have much of a rush outside of Ware from the edges of our 3-4 especially with Ellis going down was a TREMENDOUS issue for us and caused a strain on our secondary. The key point about Meachem is your talking about relief for NEXT YEAR. That's exactly my point. He wasn't a need NOW and we have two first rounders next year. Truth be told, I really really like Sam Hurd. A young WR already on our roster. We'll only know as the season plays off.

i agree if the cowboys felt they couldn't get someone they really hoped for and got a 1st next year, the trade is great. what was amazing is that they came back into the 1st round without giving up that first round selection

Very valid points but look closely at what made SD such a nasty defense. Pressure, pressure, pressure. Most can't even name 3 starters in their secondary but most know Merriman and Phillips. Heck, the casual fan doesn't even know Phillips but he had double digit sacks and was a key cog for Wade's 3-4. The fact that we didn't have much of a rush outside of Ware from the edges of our 3-4 especially with Ellis going down was a TREMENDOUS issue for us and caused a strain on our secondary. The key point about Meachem is your talking about relief for NEXT YEAR. That's exactly my point. He wasn't a need NOW and we have two first rounders next year. Truth be told, I really really like Sam Hurd. A young WR already on our roster. We'll only know as the season plays off.
You will never hear an argument from me regarding the importance of pressure on the QB. You emphasized the guys with the double digit sacks too much though. You must pay attention to the surrounding players. The player most important on the SD defense may very well be the big guy in the middle, Jamal Williams. Also, at CB they have two first rounders with Jammer and Cromartie and a second in Florence. These guys cover well, giving time to the pass rushers to get to the QB. They also tackle very well. Meriweather may be able to cover and hit better than some of these guys and he is a safety!

At WR a guy like Meachem should have never fallen as far as he did. He would have begun taking receptions away from the other Cowboy WR's. He will be a star in the league, just won't be wearing a star!;)

I can't get enough of redskins fans telling us we need this, we need that. Fact is, we could've went any way in the draft we wanted too. We went OLB because we wanted more pressure. Pressure wins games in the NFL.

You can have 2 Deion Sanders and 2 Ronnie Lotts back there, but if the qb has all day to throw, it just doesn't matter. Someone will get open because NFL qb's know what to do if nobody is forcing them to make a decision.

You will find all this out in Sept when you realize you STILL don't have any rushers, and with Jammal Anderson there, you take a safety???????? Ridiculous. Spin it anyway you want, its flat out RIDICULOUS.

At WR a guy like Meachem should have never fallen as far as he did. He would have begun taking receptions away from the other Cowboy WR's. He will be a star in the league, just won't be wearing a star!;)

I was so happy the Pokes passed on him for Spencer

I can't get enough of redskins fans telling us we need this, we need that. Fact is, we could've went any way in the draft we wanted too. We went OLB because we wanted more pressure. Pressure wins games in the NFL.

You can have 2 Deion Sanders and 2 Ronnie Lotts back there, but if the qb has all day to throw, it just doesn't matter. Someone will get open because NFL qb's know what to do if nobody is forcing them to make a decision.

You will find all this out in Sept when you realize you STILL don't have any rushers, and with Jammal Anderson there, you take a safety???????? Ridiculous. Spin it anyway you want, its flat out RIDICULOUS.

then get off this board ;).. do u know what our LB and CB situation was last year? it was down right horrible!!!! we haev improved in those areas this year

Archived