Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

With the 1st pick in the 2008 NFL Draft, the Dallas Cowboys select......

Jeremiah_Johnson

I love you guys.

I'm noticing now that you can't post any longer without hurling a baseless insult my way.

Looks like I'm winning the arguments.

:laugh:

No, you're not winning the arguments and it's so easy to insult you. You insult yourself. Why can't you see this? :laugh:

Look, Ware made your team so good last year, that it took a nose dive in the final five games...and everyone was pointing at the defense (though, those of us in the know realize it was the inconsisten qb play.)

Those of you "in the know" know nothing. The loss of a conistent pass rush was our downfall

Otherwise nice job avoing what I actually said

Yeah I think most teams would love to have a talent like Slaton fall into their laps.

After reading 5 pages of this thread, it's clear that only one good thing came out of it - Dolemite's line. Man that one was great. :applause:

Oh, and boys fans, don't go assuming that the browns will be that bad. The NFL is the league of change. The offense that the browns have assembled is a pretty damn good one - the offensive line should be solid (if not impressive) with the addition of Steinbach and Thomas. Jamal Lewis can still run. Edwards and Jurevicius at wide out . . . Winslow at tight end. Seriously, on paper, it can be a good one.

The defense is also going to get better. Wimbley is gonna be a monster pass-rusher - 11 sacks as a rookie.

Well said. I still like two first rounders nonetheless. We learned our lesson from Buffalo a couple years ago. I could easily see the Browns in the area of 7-9 although I'm praying for 0-16.

You asked me last week who I thought would be bad picks for the pukes...and one of the four I mentioned was?

Don't duck the question.

Speaking of ducking questions you ducked what I said

You said Spencer and I told you that you were wrong.

See you were smart enough to realize we needed OLB help so you named like 6 OLB's. I doubt you knew who spencer was before you looked it up

Hey, I'm just trying to call it as I see it.

You guys have got some serious balls to be here saying you're in great shape.

New coach, inconsistent qb, running back by committee (one of whom the organization loves so much has continued to put him on the trading block), suspect O-line that has a new addition who is a HUGE question mark, an ok LB group, and two safeties who can't cover.

When you decide to be honest about your team when discussing it, please let me know.

you talking about honesty is hilarious

C'mon guys, this is getting ridiculous. Quit talking about football with tr1, we could have drafted Joe Montana, Jim Brown, and Deion Sanders and he would be trying to irk you.

Remember, this is a guy who won't even go on record about his own teams draft so you can't flame him back. He's spineless and we all fall into his trap. Just stop it. Even Om called him a troll.

And Westbrook, if you must get in a flamewar with him, and he mentions Kolb (who I think will be solid), one word........Palmer And I'm not talking about Carson.

What are you going to do if (and I did say IF) McFadden has a McGahee injury? Not that I condone that sort of thing to happen to a player, but you can't hope for a player when a whole college season is yet to be played. Start dreaming after the BCS championship.

So why is Jerry trying to get rid of JJ? And more importantly, why is no one interested in JJ?

Try to be objective.

I will step in and say this, I am not sure why they would. I really do not know if he is trying to get rid of him or if its just being reported that way...Kinda like Springs, why would Washington be tryin to trade their best CB, and why is no one interested? Truth is, we (the fans) just dont know.

How did the skins do in your opinion?
I like Landry a lot and the LB's were value picks for backups. However, I wish they traded down, addressed the DL and then packaged picks, moved up and grabbed a DB like Weddle.

Based on the number of picks they had, the Skins deserve at least a C grade.

I like Landry a lot and the LB's were value picks for backups. However, I wish they traded down, addressed the DL and then packaged picks, moved up and grabbed a DB like Weddle.

Based on the number of picks they had, the Skins deserve at least a C grade.

I like Landry as well, but they must not have recieved a good enough offer to move out of the 6 spot. I would think that the D line had to be top priority in Washington, DT and DE both seem to be huge needs to fill.

I like Landry as well, but they must not have recieved a good enough offer to move out of the 6 spot. I would think that the D line had to be top priority in Washington, DT and DE both seem to be huge needs to fill.
I was pretty certain if no big offer came through and Adams wasn't available, Landry was their guy. Although most Skins fans would disagree with me, I think Carriker would have been a nice fit on the DL. It is hard to argue with the pick and cant wait to see the Landry/ST combo in action!!!

Yes it is, Jones screws the Browns to fix his screw up while we all wait to see how he screws up in '08. It should be fun to watch.

I was just pointing out how ironic it was that you would joke about JJ "screwing up".

The irony being that you botched the wording of the joke about it. :)

I'm glad someone brought up the S. Jackson fiasco. Thank God the skins don't have to see that monster 2 games a year . . . With Jones, you never know who or what you'll get. For all we know, McFadden can be the clear-cut number 1 back next year and with the biggest upside in the next level (like Jackson), but Jones may want to trade back to fill up some depth (seeing how Barber will still be around in Dallas). So again, it's kind of early to count on this happening . . .

I was just pointing out how ironic it was that you would joke about JJ "screwing up".

The irony being that you botched the wording of the joke about it. :)

So that's what irony means. I must have missed that in all those literature and writing classes. Damn, thanks for giving me a message board edu-ma-cation.

My point being that I focused the discussion back on the ironic fact of Jones fixing his own messup and away from a message board typo - always one of the lamest and most cliche (that means overused ;) ) comebacks in posting. Is this a professional writing forum or a football message board? You get the point, so next time, come with something more creative.

:dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck

Archived