Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

With the 1st pick in the 2008 NFL Draft, the Dallas Cowboys select......

Jeremiah_Johnson

Off topic but can anyone list some of next years top prospects? I know McFadden and Dorsey are two of them but I am going blank on the other big names.

1. Jake Long OT Michigan 6-7 313

2. Glenn Dorsey DT LSU 6-2 299

3. Brian Brohm QB Louisville 6-4 224

4. Zach Bowman CB Nebraska 6-2 200

5. San Baker OT USC 6-5 305

6. Limas Sweed WR Texas 6-5 219

7. Dan Connor OLB Penn State 6-3 233

8. Keith Rivers OLB USC 6-3 220

9. John Carlson TE Notre Dame 6-6 259

10. Chris Long DE Virginia 6-4 284

This is a redskins board was there alot of cowboys draft talk I missed? Just because it may not have been said by a few people here does not mean "its wasnt a need" like tr1 and bubba are stating

:laugh:

listen, I know you feel you have to defend the cowboys pick... but

not only did the "few" Poke fans here including you not mention OLB as a pressing need , but neither did ANY media source, including those in Dallas before the draft.

WR, OL, and DB where the top three listed every where

most having Robert Meecham or Joe Staley as their top pick

heck even your boy JJ pm'ed me asking about Meecham because he knew I was a Vol fan

and Mel Kiper may say Spencer is his DROY prediction... but he had him slotted in the early second round before the draft

can we all agree that the cowboys did a good job and got spencer by moving down 3 slots and geting a future 1st

The Pokes got lucky when Quinn started dropping, Savage was the one making the deal to get Quinn, all Jerry had to say was... We want your #1 next year

but trading picks to get Spencer at 26 when he would still have been available at the Browns second round pick.. was kind of unnecessary waste of three draft picks

no team between 26 and 35 took or planned on taking an OLB or DE

can we all agree that the cowboys did a good job and got spencer by moving down 3 slots and geting a future 1st

Did a good job, it was an obivious trade, and if they didn't do it I would have laughed. But the Browns was like a father in hous fire or something. They saved the child they really wanted. Then had regrets about it and would do anything to have both of them. And the Dolphins was the drunk mother who just cared about herself.

Hey buddy, what can I tell you. That was the point of contention and that was the discussion. If you want to make it out to be something else, that's your problem. Seems to me someone is a little grumpy bout the Mavs.

Not a Mavs fan I am a Spurs guy spent 15 years in the SA/South Texas area

My point being if I go to the Cowboys board and see skins fans saying Landry was a bad pick does that mean it WAS a bad pick?

Not a Mavs fan I am a Spurs guy spent 15 years in the SA/South Texas area

My point being if I go to the Cowboys board and see skins fans saying Landry was a bad pick does that mean it WAS a bad pick?

If you believe the media, then, yes.:laugh:

:laugh:

listen, I know you feel you have to defend the cowboys pick... but

nothing to defend it was a good pick

not only did the "few" Poke fans here including you not mention OLB as a pressing need , but neither did ANY media source, including those in Dallas before the draft.

This is wrong on multiple levels, Dallas media was talking OLB, Yu say I didnt mentgion OLB as a pressing need, but you fail to mention I didnt say ANY pick was a pressing need. I didnt talk draft here but as you have constantly avoided please tell me if I personally did not think OLB was a need then why on earth did I have Dallas taking OLB Spencer at pick 22 on my mock draft BEFORE the draft happened?

WR, OL, and DB where the top three listed every where

hmmm what did we need #4 WR, backup OL (which we got) or #4 CB or could we take a Pass rusher who will actually get time this year

most having Robert Meecham or Joe Staley as their top pick

most in your imagination maybe

heck even your boy JJ pm'ed me asking about Meecham because he knew I was a Vol fan

and?

and Mel Kiper may say Spencer is his DROY prediction... but he had him slotted in the early second round before the draft

more out and out lies, Kiper had him #19 on his top 25 http://proxy.espn.go.com/melkiper/index.html

The Pokes got lucky when Quinn started dropping, Savage was the one making the deal to get Quinn, all Jerry had to say was... We want your #1 next year

but trading picks to get Spencer at 26 when he would still have been available at the Browns second round pick.. was kind of unnecessary waste of three draft picks

except for NE who traded down AFTER we took Spencer who they were targeting

Now now, dont go putting words in my mouth. I thought picking the best defensive player in the draft was an ingenious maneuver. :)

For the record I like the pick.

no no no!!! Skins fans on a cowboys forum said it was a bad pick so it was a bad pick!!

I hate to break it to you, but you're wrong. N.E. was going to take Spencer at # 28. Since we took him at # 26, they traded down. He was not going to be on the board after the 28 pick. N.E. said so.

I hate to break it to you, but you're wrong. N.E. was going to take Spencer at # 28. Since we took him at # 26, they traded down. He was not going to be on the board after the 28 pick. N.E. said so.

Link?

Archived