Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

With the 1st pick in the 2008 NFL Draft, the Dallas Cowboys select......

Jeremiah_Johnson

...I stated on this boartd before the draft he would be a good pick after tr1 said he would be a mistake

No one mentioned Spencer before I did. And what I said was that Spencer would be a bad choice for the pukes.

And, BDF5, did what he always does in a knee-jerk fashion, he disagreed with me.

What a surprise.

Face if puke pals, Spencer was a surprise for you...no WR, no OL and no QB (namely Quinn).

Suck it up.

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3723023#post3723023

Post #4

I predicted Jarvis Moss. A DE/OLB I figured Spencer would be taken by Denver. They took Moss instead.

In fact, I wanted so much D line help, I wanted them to take a DT in the second too.

So there you have it. Now pipe down about it.

Cowboys. Best player available no matter the postion.

My guess........Jarvis Moss in the 1st. and best wideout available in the second.

Rather than go with wideout in the 2nd, I'd love to pick up tank tyler if he were there, or the best guard/OT available.

Exactly, you were looking for d-line help. You didnt mention Spencer and did not name the OLB position specifically. You get 0 credit points for that. I already stated it and it's true. Perhpas eveery person on the cowboys boards were screaming for Spencer, but no one here mentioned OLB or Spencer specifically and no one mentioned OLB as a need position above WR, CB, and OL.

Cowboys fans all over cowboys forums were saying Spencer should be the pick, there were also WR and CB people no fan base ever agrees on one player. But to pretend it wasnt a need and no cowboys fan wanted him is just making you look silly. Hell my mock draft on cowboyszone had Spencer going to Dallas at 22 and I stated on this board before the draft he would be a good pick after tr1 said he would be a mistake

Exactly, but the main point was that no cowboys fan on this board mentioned Spencer as a pick they wanted and no cowboys fan on the board mentioned OLB as a need position. My impression is that after picking up Carpenter and Ayodele to go along with James and Ware over the last two years, LB wasn't something people thought Jerry would address in the first. To be fair however, OLB was a need position because Wade's version of the 3-4 needs that speed rusher that Spencer can be, and that Carpenter is ill suited to be.

It's unfortunate when your team changes direction and you have to reorganize your players to meet the needs of a different scheme.

Not to screw up the flow, but the Browns will have LaCharles Bently back too. Him and the prospect of Joe Thomas could make for a nasty one two punch on O-Line. JaMal Lewis? He's a tough downhill runner that needs big holes to be effective, I think he'll get'em.

The browns also have potential with their receivers...they might not be all that bad.

Not to screw up the flow, but the Browns will have LaCharles Bently back too. Him and the prospect of Joe Thomas good make for a nasty one two punch on O-Line. JaMal Lewis? He's a tough downhill runner that needs big holes to be effective, I think he'll get'em.

The browns also have potential with their receivers...they might not be all that bad.

Actually, they are saying Bentley is lost for the 2007 season as well.

Face if puke pals, Spencer was a surprise for you...no WR, no OL and no QB (namely Quinn).

Suck it up.

While I had them going corner or WR with their first pick, actually drafting Quinn or any potential starting QB never crossed my mind.

Actually, they are saying Bentley is lost for the 2007 season as well.
God that's horrible for Browns fans, seriously. I thought he'd of been back by now.

You have that right Natty!

full article - http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2772577

Updated: Feb. 20, 2007, 4:52 PM ET

Bentley likely to undergo more surgery on ailing knee

BEREA, Ohio -- Browns center LeCharles Bentley will likely undergo more surgery on a serious knee injury that cost him last season, is jeopardizing another and could end his NFL career.

Cleveland general manager Phil Savage said Tuesday that Bentley is considering a third operation to repair the left patellar tendon he tore on the first full-contact play of training camp last summer.

"If he does elect to have the surgery, then obviously he won't be here for 2007 as an active player," said Savage, adding "it's more likely he will have surgery."

A two-time Pro Bowl selection in New Orleans, Bentley signed a six-year, $36 million free-agent contract in March to play for the Browns, his hometown team. But his first season in Cleveland ended freakishly.

While blocking on a running play on July 27, Bentley tore his tendon planting his foot and before any contact. Following surgery, he got a staph infection, which caused further damage to his tendon.

Bentley needed a second operation just one month after the first to clean out the infection and fix the damage it caused to his tendon. He was hospitalized for more than one month at the Cleveland Clinic.

Savage said even if Bentley has an upcoming surgery and can't play in '07, the team will carry him on its roster and reassess his condition next year.

Savage also offered the possibility Bentley might not play again.

Personally I'm sold on Watkins. He was a rookie last year and needed a year to adjust to the NFL. He will play quite a bit this year, along with Hamlin. We don't have any safety needs. You can't have an All-Pro at every position.

No one mentioned Spencer before I did. And what I said was that Spencer would be a bad choice for the pukes.

And, BDF5, did what he always does in a knee-jerk fashion, he disagreed with me.

What a surprise.

Suck it up.

Nice spin buddy. I AGREED on the other 3-4 choices you made I DISAGREED on only one, that one being Spencer

Surprised? How could it have been a surprise for me when I selected him to go to Dallas at #22 on my mock draft ,need a link?

No we did not draft a #4 WR, we did draft OL so yur clueless there, and we already have a QB

Exactly, but the main point was that no cowboys fan on this board mentioned Spencer as a pick they wanted and no cowboys fan on the board mentioned OLB as a need position. My impression is that after picking up Carpenter and Ayodele to go along with James and Ware over the last two years, LB wasn't something people thought Jerry would address in the first. To be fair however, OLB was a need position because Wade's version of the 3-4 needs that speed rusher that Spencer can be, and that Carpenter is ill suited to be.

It's unfortunate when your team changes direction and you have to reorganize your players to meet the needs of a different scheme.

Seriously Bird? because one of the 5 or so Cowboys fans did not go into detail on ther draft hopes on a Redskins board that proves something? I didnt talk draft here at all yet when I made my mock draft Spencer was the pick so obviously it was something I thought we needed

OLB WAS a need even if Parcells was here, our current starter was a 32 yo coming of achilles tear. You seriously think that position was good to go?

Seriously Bird? because one of the 5 or so Cowboys fans did not go into detail on ther draft hopes on a Redskins board that proves something? I didnt talk draft here at all yet when I made my mock draft Spencer was the pick so obviously it was something I thought we needed

OLB WAS a need even if Parcells was here, our current starter was a 32 yo coming of achilles tear. You seriously think that position was good to go?

Yes, seriously. You'e not reading, or listening, or whatever. It doesnt prove anything but the original point. OLB may have been a need talked about alot elsewhere, but no one preached it here. That's what I said, and I was right. Thats it, Thats the only point and its true.

So why wasn't every dallas fan talking up OLB here, there, and everywhere? And what about Carpenter, Ayodele, Ware, James? Not to mention 3 first round picks in the last 4 years have been LB, but OLB is still a need? Hmmm.... Guess they slipped a little on that one.

Nice spin buddy. I AGREED on the other 3-4 choices you made I DISAGREED on only one, that one being Spencer

Surprised? How could it have been a surprise for me when I selected him to go to Dallas at #22 on my mock draft ,need a link?

No we did not draft a #4 WR, we did draft OL so yur clueless there, and we already have a QB

Golly, BDF5, you take the cake! :laugh:

You pressed me in a thread about who I thought would be a bad pick for the pukes, because you thought I'd discount any pick they took. SO, I named four guys who I thought would be a mistake for the pukes to pick...and guess what...SPENCER happened to be one of the guys. :laugh:

So, please, when I rag on Spencer, please leave me alone. My post done in that thread give me full privilege...I had your blessing... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

freaking blows for Browns fans. They'd have a pretty good Oline, some good receiving threats, a possible franchise QB, and a decent defense, They won't be blowing people out, but they should get 6-10 to 9- 7

freaking blows for Browns fans. They'd have a pretty good Oline, some good receiving threats, a possible franchise QB, and a decent defense, They won't be blowing people out, but they should get 6-10 to 9- 7

I see the Browns as a team that could go maybe 9-7. Depends on how they start off. If they start off bad, I could see them having a disastrous year. The O-Line is okay. Shaffer is decent and now they have Thomas and Steinbach. I'm not a Fraley fan and I'm not sure who will play the other center spot.

They've got nothing at RB, but they do have KWII and Braylon.

Defensively they have nothing at their downlinemen spots. Their ILB's are okay at best. Wimbley is going to be a player and they may get some stuff out of McGinest. They really have an underrated secondary.

They probably have to go 8-8 for Crennel to keep his job. If they get off to a slow start, I could see the players giving up on him. But all in all, I'd be surprised if Dallas gets a high pick and can somehow land McFadden.

YAKUZA

I see the Browns as a team that could go maybe 9-7. Depends on how they start off. If they start off bad, I could see them having a disastrous year. The O-Line is okay. Shaffer is decent and now they have Thomas and Steinbach. I'm not a Fraley fan and I'm not sure who will play the other center spot.

They've got nothing at RB, but they do have KWII and Braylon.

Defensively they have nothing at their downlinemen spots. Their ILB's are okay at best. Wimbley is going to be a player and they may get some stuff out of McGinest. They really have an underrated secondary.

They probably have to go 8-8 for Crennel to keep his job. If they get off to a slow start, I could see the players giving up on him. But all in all, I'd be surprised if Dallas gets a high pick and can somehow land McFadden.

YAKUZA

They might be able to package both 1st round picks and move up...but that;s a long way off, and who knows what will transpire between then and now...

Yes, seriously. You'e not reading, or listening, or whatever. It doesnt prove anything but the original point. OLB may have been a need talked about alot elsewhere, but no one preached it here. That's what I said, and I was right. Thats it, Thats the only point and its true.

This is a redskins board was there alot of cowboys draft talk I missed? Just because it may not have been said by a few people here does not mean "its wasnt a need" like tr1 and bubba are stating

So why wasn't every dallas fan talking up OLB here, there, and everywhere? And what about Carpenter, Ayodele, Ware, James? Not to mention 3 first round picks in the last 4 years have been LB, but OLB is still a need? Hmmm.... Guess they slipped a little on that one.

I dont speak for others, but I discussed the draft on the cowboys site with cowboys fans.

As for Carpenter, Ayodele and James the three will split the ILB positions

Ware remains LOLB Ellis and Spencer compete for ROLB. Remember Ellis is 32 and coming off achilles tear replacment was needed

Golly, BDF5, you take the cake! :laugh:

You pressed me in a thread about who I thought would be a bad pick for the pukes, because you thought I'd discount any pick they took. SO, I named four guys who I thought would be a mistake for the pukes to pick...and guess what...SPENCER happened to be one of the guys. :laugh:

So, please, when I rag on Spencer, please leave me alone. My post done in that thread give me full privilege...I had your blessing... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

and in that thread I disagreed on Spencer only so please when I rebut your weak and made up arguments please leave me alone my disagreement in that thread gives me full priveledge :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Off topic but can anyone list some of next years top prospects? I know McFadden and Dorsey are two of them but I am going blank on the other big names.

If Calais Campbell declares....I will be praying every single night that the redskins somehow are able to snag him.

This is a redskins board was there alot of cowboys draft talk I missed? Just because it may not have been said by a few people here does not mean "its wasnt a need" like tr1 and bubba are stating

I dont speak for others, but I discussed the draft on the cowboys site with cowboys fans.

As for Carpenter, Ayodele and James the three will split the ILB positions

Ware remains LOLB Ellis and Spencer compete for ROLB. Remember Ellis is 32 and coming off achilles tear replacment was needed

Hey buddy, what can I tell you. That was the point of contention and that was the discussion. If you want to make it out to be something else, that's your problem. Seems to me someone is a little grumpy bout the Mavs.

Adodele and James do not play on the outside. Carpenter can play both.

Archived