Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Am I the only one nervous about tomorrow?

ChampSkinsFanatic

I can't remember being this nervous about a draft. I don't know what we're gonna do with the 6th. First it was Adams, then Branch, then Okoye, then Landry so and so on.

Now the Lance Briggs trade talk is alive again and the Redskins.com poll question is how far do you think we should trade down or something like that.

The Lance Briggs talk alone has me very nervous, I just hope we dont do something INCREDIBLY STUPID tomorrow.:doh:

At the same time I'm HYPED about tomorrow and can't wait:point2sky :D

I am not really nervous, because there are a lot of scenarios that can totally work in our favor. I feel as though we are in a good position to either trade up or down, depending on who wants to deal. I am even at peace w/ the whole Lance Briggs scenario as well. If for some reason we trade for Briggs and the #31, and land a good DT (Branch maybe?) towards the end of the 1st, I think it would be a good first day of the draft...if we trade down, and get a 2nd rounder or a 3rd rounder somehow, then that would be awesome as well...I think I am more excited than nervous. The Skins always seem to make the draft interesting when we have picks. I am going to be staying glued to the TV on day 2...I think that if we play our cards right, we can add a lot of depth, and not just pick guys to end up being TC casualities....

*on a side note, does anyone know where Buster Davis is projected to be drafted? I know he has slipped a little bit, but if there is a miracle, and he is still on the board somewhere by the time we draft on day 2, I think this guy would be a great fit in the B&G...the successor to London Fletcher...and for what it's worth, he could be a clone....

If any other team other than the Skins make that same trade that’s on the table for Briggs, it will be praised and accepted. Whatever the Redskins do will be criticized.

We could trade back and receive a team’s entire draft, and it will be frowned upon.

When you are a team that does things differently than any other team in the league - if it works you’re a genius, if it doesn’t work everyone thinks you’re incompetent.

Don’t worry about what others think; whatever happens, we will have a new player with a lot of potential donning the Burgundy and Gold.

You know I think a lesser first round pick than the sixth could get Briggs from the Bears. So I wouldn't mind it if the Skins could get a second or something for a trade down to the ninth or twelth pick then swap for Briggs and the Bears pick.

dont be nervous. when one has absolutely NO effect/control/input in a situation there is no need to fret over it.

Exactly. We're all just armchair GMs here. :silly:

None of us actually have any control over what is going to happen. Might as well just kick back and see what goes down.

If any other team other than the Skins make that same trade that’s on the table for Briggs, it will be praised and accepted. Whatever the Redskins do will be criticized.

We could trade back and receive a team’s entire draft, and it will be frowned upon.

When you are a team that does things differently than any other team in the league - if it works you’re a genius, if it doesn’t work everyone thinks you’re incompetent.

Don’t worry about what others think; whatever happens, we will have a new player with a lot of potential donning the Burgundy and Gold.

That's really small print...are you whispering your thoughts to us?

You know I think a lesser first round pick than the sixth could get Briggs from the Bears. So I wouldn't mind it if the Skins could get a second or something for a trade down to the ninth or twelth pick then swap for Briggs and the Bears pick.

a second for the 9-12 pick would be nice but 20-25 and a second and third would be better

Thanks alot. I immediately scheduled an eye examination after reading your post. :mad:

I can't remember being this nervous about a draft. I don't know what we're gonna do with the 6th. First it was Adams, then Branch, then Okoye, then Landry so and so on.

Now the Lance Briggs trade talk is alive again and the Redskins.com poll question is how far do you think we should trade down or something like that.

The Lance Briggs talk alone has me very nervous, I just hope we dont do something INCREDIBLY STUPID tomorrow.:doh:

At the same time I'm HYPED about tomorrow and can't wait:point2sky :D

The Lance Briggs trade would really frustrate me only if we do it before the 5th pick tomorrow.

I have no problem if the front office wants to do it, but I suspect the trade could happen regardless of the 1 through 5 picks. HOWEVER, we could get a better offer if the right person falls to us.

Have the trade as a back-up, see what your options could be and be willing to select at #6 if nothing great comes your way.

How bad could this be - Our 1st and the AA 6th for Briggs and the #31. :doh: :doh: :puke: :puke:

:helmet: The Rook

yeah I kinda feel how everybody else is. I plann on going to the Fed Ex tomorrow and watch the draft there. I'm really hoping that we don't do something real stupid...like trade our pick to get Briggs!!! Personally we can find someone in the free agent market. what we need and what a whole lot of teams aren't willing to to trade for are Defensive Tackles. That 19 yr old freak of nature from Louisville would be nice. Calvin Johnson would look nice lined up opposite of Moss and outside of Randle El. Who knows.

Archived