Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Carr, Panthers agree to terms.

SkinnedAussie

Not forgetting Weinke is still on the Panthers roster as well.

I think they released him actually. This move is not surprising, though humorous cause I can make fun of my one Panthers fan friend. They wanted a veteran backup, but this now eliminates any possibility of them trading up for Brady Quinn.

Now if he beats out Delhomme, that'd be interesting.

Carr wants to hide on the bench for awhile, before trying to be a starter again is my thinking why he would sign with Carolina

thats a really good point, but i wonder if he could have done the same in Seattle...either way, its what he needs. Sit on the bench recieve some good coaching and form yourself all overt again. He has the tools and IMO he will succeed as a starter at some point.

Not forgetting Weinke is still on the Panthers roster as well.

They did release him which is a very good thing. I really hope Carr can beat out Delhomme. He could be a very good QB if he has a little help from his O-line. It will be very interesting to watch.

Carr wants to hide on the bench for awhile, before trying to be a starter again is my thinking why he would sign with Carolina

It could be interresting to see what Carr will do not having to pick himself up off the canvas 6-8 times per game.

What a bust that qb draft class was. Carr at one, Harrington at three... wow.

Carr has terrible football instincts. His offensive line didn't look half bad when Sage Rosenfels was playing.

I think Ramsey was in that draft too.

I think this is a good move for the Panthers though. Carr could possibly become a reliable starter for them. Especially since he's got a better OL there, that he did in Houston.

Like I said before, the Texans offensive line looked MUCH better when Rosenfels got in there. Carr, like Ramsey, simply doesn't process things fast enough on the football field. If his first read is open, he's fine. But if not, he panics, holds on to the ball forever, and then either gets sacked or makes a bad decision. Kubiak completely gave up on him. That ain't a good sign.

To me how good the move is for Carolina is in direct proportion to how much they paid him.

If he's a dollars bargain, it strikes me as a very solid play for a still-young guy with all kinds of upside, coming in w/o the big-money expectation and pressure that would put not only on him, but on Jake and the team as well.

If they had to pay him big money though (not sure what I'd consider "big" in this case--I'll know it when I see it :) ), it changes the dynamic considerably.

Gotta admit though that the gut reaction to the signing itself is that it's a solid move for both the player and the team.

Be interesting to see the numbers.

Like I said before, the Texans offensive line looked MUCH better when Rosenfels got in there. Carr, like Ramsey, simply doesn't process things fast enough on the football field. If his first read is open, he's fine. But if not, he panics, holds on to the ball forever, and then either gets sacked or makes a bad decision. Kubiak completely gave up on him. That ain't a good sign.

Gotta agree here. I don't know that they wouldn't have been better off keeping Weinke, someone who knows what they do on offense. The Panthers have a lot of issues right now and are going to face some critical decisions in the near future which will shape how good they are for some time. As bad as the Skins were last year, I don't envy the Panther's position right now.

Not for nothing, but Carr (no I'm not crazy. Flame away) could be a GREAT quarterback. That guy is tough as nails (sacked 249 times in 5 yeasr), has one hell of a completion percentage for a guy that has been sacked that much, Has relativley low amount of interceptions (again, for a guy pressured and sacked that much).

I could see him exploding behind a decent O-line and much improved offensive weapons. I hope he beats out Jake. If he does, I bet you dollars to doughnuts he becomes front page material.

Mods, mark this down if he gets the nod to start. I will gladly eat crow if I am wrong.

To me how good the move is for Carolina is in direct proportion to how much they paid him.

If he's a dollars bargain, it strikes me as a very solid play for a still-young guy with all kinds of upside, coming in w/o the big-money expectation and pressure that would put not only on him, but on Jake and the team as well.

If they had to pay him big money though (not sure what I'd consider "big" in this case--I'll know it when I see it :) ), it changes the dynamic considerably.

Gotta admit though that the gut reaction to the signing itself is that it's a solid move for both the player and the team.

Be interesting to see the numbers.

2 years, $6 mil with $3 mil guaranteed is what I heard.

With a little time to re-group and a decent O-Line I think he can be pretty good.

2 years, $6 mil with $3 mil guaranteed is what I heard.

With a little time to re-group and a decent O-Line I think he can be pretty good.

Not knowing where Jake is contract-wise or what the Panthers are thinking in terms of how long he'll be the starter ... given those numbers for Carr it sure looks solid from here. If he fulfills his potential and shows them he's capable of leading the team, they can pay him starter money in a couple years. If it turns out his time in Houston beat the QB out of him ... he's at worst a worthwhile calculated gamble. I like the move as it stands.

Archived