Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Asante Samuel is requesting a trade. How long before Redskins are mentioned?

flexxskins

Bad idea, smoot,Rogers,Taylor,Springs nuf said!

You do know that Taylor is not a corner right??

So that leaves us with 3 corners witch in a nickle situation would be all of our corners on the field...now what if one of them gets hurt (like springs does every year)?...I guess then we should just put street trash in there like last year huh

NFL Network has reported that Samuels is not happy with how contract negotiations with the Pats are going and has requested a trade.

Do you think our name will be thrown in as canidates for a trade?

Should our name be thrown in?

Thoughts?

No. Screw him and his "Get Paid" tatoo

No. Screw him and his "Get Paid" tatoo

Yea, because he is so unlike every other player in the league. The NFL is FAR from guaranteed, its the only sport where you can sign a $40 million contract, and be gone the next year (Archuleta right any bells?). Of course, he wants guaranteed money. I would too. And if I was that good, I'd want just as much as my peers. Thats like being a brain surgeon, and making $20,000 while the rest of your fellow brain surgeons make 6 figures.

Moreover, the most common reason why people don't like this trade is because it doesn't fix the DL (lets face it, even the best DB in the world can't cover his side of the field long enough for OUR D-Line to get to the QB). There is still the draft. By the sounds of it, either we're losing our first next year, which would allow us to use number 6 overall to draft Anderson. If not next year's first, then we end up getting New England's first rounder as well, which in turn would mean that we'd still end up getting a potential starter, even if he wasn't picked in teh top 10.

How many interceptions did we get last year? Wasnt that the worst ever? not just in the league?

not saying we need to sign him just stating that we werent that great on coverage either

you expect our DB's to get ints when our opponent has 10 sec to throw?

its not the players sean taylor could easily have 8+ picks with another team.

redskins defense is holding him back.

Betts and our #6 for Samuel and their two 1st rounders?? Maroney got hurt so they could be in the market for a RB.

I like having Betts as insurance but to get another 1st rounder....?

We ain't trading Betts. Gibbs and Saunders love him.

Betts and our #6 for Samuel and their two 1st rounders?? Maroney got hurt so they could be in the market for a RB.

I like having Betts as insurance but to get another 1st rounder....?

Its New England. They won't throw in 2 first rounders, no matter what. They'll take guys who are ranked 4th or 5th at their position, and pass on guys who are ranked 3rd at the same position. Then, they'll turn those guys into stars (or at least, starts in Boston.)

you expect our DB's to get ints when our opponent has 10 sec to throw?

its not the players sean taylor could easily have 8+ picks with another team.

redskins defense is holding him back.

When have you seen the QB have that type of time? What game? if your watchin games and game tape you'll see that most QB's took there drop an unloaded...the recievers where WIDE OPEN ALL GAME ALL YEAR...if thats not enough look at the run game...i mean its normal for a RB to break the line a couple times a day but RUNNING 40-50 YARD TOUCHDOWNS? that my fellow fan is a defensive backfield that cant/doesnt TACKLE...thats LB's,that's CB's, thats Safties...watch the games folks....watch the games!

Gamble next year's first for him & take Landry/Adams/Branch with the #6 pick. You could have a backfield of Landry/Taylor/Samuel/Smoot/Springs/Rodgers.

I would do it that way but if its our first this year or a trade ala the Bears swapping picks, no way.

Do we really need a 4TH CORNER that badly NOW? I don't think so IMO.

I'd love Landry.

The thing is if we end up paying him Clements kind of money then why didn't we just go after Clements and NOT have to give up draft picks.

Pats number 24 (740) and 28 (660) equal 1400 points on the draft point scale which is equivalent to the number 8 pick. Our number 6 pick is worth 1600 points. I think we would be lucky if we could get samuels and the pats 2 first rounders for springs and our number 6 pick. Springs is 32 and samuels is 26, so unless the patriots really loved one of the guys at the top of the draft I dont think they would go for this. From our perspective I believe this would be a smart trade, it strengthens the cornerback position with samuels and provides us with two more pics which we could use on d-line or safety. However, I dont see the patriots doing this unless we throw something else in.

Archived