Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Asante Samuel is requesting a trade. How long before Redskins are mentioned?

flexxskins

In that NE system that you talk about, Samuel has had to play man from time to time and when he does he is on his man like Herpes. That's talent. The man is talented. I'm not saying that I'm all for going out and getting this guy (that would depend on what the trade consisted of,) but you can't say that he wouldn't help the team because of the system he comes from...come on man.

I didn't address this the first time because I really didn't feel it was relevant to the other part of your post, but since you seem so interested....

It's pretty rare that the Patriots play their corners man-up on WR's without some sort of Safety over the top or LB coverage underneath. That's just not their style. It's too risky. I believe Samuel has thrived in that system BECAUSE he hasn't been left on an island very often. On those occassions that he is, it's mostly on plays where the Patriots are blitzing, thereby limiting the amount of time Samuel has to cover. So YES, I can say that the system he comes from is at least part of the reason I don't want him on the Redskins.

Does this mean that if one of these players on the roster you can not root for has a chance to make a good play, you don't root for them to do so?

Sort of. I like seeing the play made. I would just be disappointed that it was the player I won't root for making it compared to some other player. To use David Patten as an example (since he's no longer on the roster).... If Patten had caught a pass to win us the Super Bowl my celebration of the win would have been less than if Moss had caught the same pass.

It would be a tough trade to pull off and might turn out to be a costly one (money wise). But Samuels is a great corner and would definately work in our defense, providing great cover and pulling down a bunch of INTs which we were definately lacking last year. But what bothers me, is that we invested sooo much in Springs and he provided for us up until last season when he was injury plagued. I mean why give up on him so quickly just because of one off year? We need to show our players that they have security and then they will show us they can produce!

We need to show our players that they have security and then they will show us they can produce!

You have that BACKWARDS. When they prove they can produce at a high level they'll get the security. Until they do that they should be looking over their shoulder for the arrival of their replacement ALL THE TIME.

Sort of. I like seeing the play made. I would just be disappointed that it was the player I won't root for making it compared to some other player. To use David Patten as an example (since he's no longer on the roster).... If Patten had caught a pass to win us the Super Bowl my celebration of the win would have been less than if Moss had caught the same pass.

Why was Patten on your list? Who else is on this and why are they on it? How can't you root for them, regardless they are Redskins that's all that should matter. I didn't want Trotter (cause I hate the Eagles with a passion) here but I still was rooting for him work out of course he didn't. But I just can't fathom not rooting for a player who is a Redskin.

It would be a tough trade to pull off and might turn out to be a costly one (money wise). But Samuels is a great corner and would definately work in our defense, providing great cover and pulling down a bunch of INTs which we were definately lacking last year. But what bothers me, is that we invested sooo much in Springs and he provided for us up until last season when he was injury plagued. I mean why give up on him so quickly just because of one off year? We need to show our players that they have security and then they will show us they can produce!

He also would not restructure his contract.

Why was Patten on your list?

He was a former New England Patriot, and if that wasn't enough (which it would be for me), he was a very mediocre player, even when he was in New England. There was absolutely no reason why we should have ever signed him. Not to a $13 Million contract. Not to a $13 contract.

Who else is on this and why are they on it?

Players I WONT root for:

Brunell: Do I really need to explain this one?

Thrash: Never should have been brought back after his trip to Philly.

Rabach: Not a position of real need when he was acquired.

Jimoh: Hell, I'VE probably got more cover skills than this bum.

Rogers: #8 pick in the draft and he can't cover OR catch. Dancing has to go too.

Fabini: Former Cowboy - Enough said.

Those on the fence include...

Campbell: #25 overall took as many games to get on the field. Then went 2-5.

Carter: Phenominal cosmic contract... itty bitty results.

Lloyd: Too much money, too little results.

Randel El: See "Lloyd" above.

Griffin: Big name, not much in the way of results.

Fletcher-Baker: He's going to have to make a big splash to win me over.

McIntosh: Trading up for a guy who can't even get on the field doesn't impress me.

Smoot: He left. Once you walk away, you're done so far as I'm concerned.

Taylor: I've never been a fan of criminals and idiots on the roster

Springs: I believe he's collecting Social Security in addition to his paychecks

How can't you root for them, regardless they are Redskins that's all that should matter. I didn't want Trotter (cause I hate the Eagles with a passion) here but I still was rooting for him work out of course he didn't. But I just can't fathom not rooting for a player who is a Redskin.

We see things differently. To me it's about more than just the team or winning. It's about doing it the RIGHT WAY with the RIGHT PLAYERS. Then again I believe fandom is a two-way street and the Redskins seem to have forgotten that over the last decade and a half.

Archived