Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Asante Samuel is requesting a trade. How long before Redskins are mentioned?

flexxskins

I just hope we're able to sign Cooley. If so, I want this guy. Then I seriously want us to draft Jamaal Anderson, Gaines Adams, or Laron Landry right away. Anderson or Adams would give our defense some potential greatness, whereas Landry could complete a fairly frightening secondary.

Just imagine, if our WR core met up to its expectations last year, and we get a secondary of Rogers, Taylor, Landry, Samuels, Smoot, Springs, and Co. - our practices would be great.

#6, and next years 1st round pick for Samuel, #24, and #28. They get a top 6 pick and move one of their 1st round picks to next year and we get Samuel and 2 lower 1st round picks. I like it but they will not trade Samuel by the draft.

This goes back the same question we had. If Pats/Chicago doesn't want to pay their own pro-bowl player a guarenteed 20 million, why would they want to pay a rookie for the same amount?

We are stucked at #6 unless Calvin Johnson drops.

#6, and next years 1st round pick for Samuel, #24, and #28. They get a top 6 pick and move one of their 1st round picks to next year and we get Samuel and 2 lower 1st round picks. I like it but they will not trade Samuel by the draft.

I think I would take that assuming we do well next season. DB woul be solid but next we need to focus on a guard.

did anyone even read the article? you pretty much need 2 first rounders to even talk to them about samuels :rolleyes:

let this one pass, id love to see the guy in burgundy and gold, but we already have enough corners, and we most definitely do not have the type of money he wants. you realize he is better than clements right?

Gamble next year's first for him & take Landry/Adams/Branch with the #6 pick. You could have a backfield of Landry/Taylor/Samuel/Smoot/Springs/Rodgers.

Serious question. I realize the cap goes up next year, but could we have all that under one salary cap???

So CB Samuel is trying to be traded? There is no way for the Redskins to pull off a deal to give NE our #6 pick and we get their #24, #28, AND Samuel WITHOUT losing any current players or future picks. The only way this could happen is if Snyder gives NE cold hard cash, and that ain't allowed.

The only reason NE would go up to #6 in the first place is to get LaRon Landry to succeed R. Harrison.

New England is smarter than Snyder (not the Redskins, that is why they say stupid people say "Go, Gators!"). They will not throw in Samuel and their 2 first round picks if we throw in Springs AND Lloyd and #6. They need something to think that they got the upper hand. Which is why it is risky to give future 1st round picks, if we do poorly in the new two years, there goes two good rookies.

I know because I was suprised no one asked for a link, at least on the 1st page of posts. The story is also confirmed in the globe, online.

Not a big Adam Shefter fan. He pulls stuff out of the air sometimes.

It's probably because right when I had created the thread, the story had just broke on the NFL Network. No link on tv. ;)

did anyone even read the article? you pretty much need 2 first rounders to even talk to them about samuels :rolleyes:

let this one pass, id love to see the guy in burgundy and gold, but we already have enough corners, and we most definitely do not have the type of money he wants. you realize he is better than clements right?

Not sure what the sarcasm is for, but yeah, I noticed that while reading the article. Two first rounders...yikes.

First post here...

First off, Rosenhaus is not Samuel's agent. Some dude named Alonzo Shavers is. This is a good thing, as he presumably does not possess the same ability to dangle Samuel in front of Snyder.

Second, the Patriots will have no problem letting Samuel sit on the bench, as evidenced by the Branch case in '06. Only the Pioli and Belichick have the balls to resist potential draft picks in order to maintain complete control over their lockeroom, and any other would be malcontents that may be lurking.

Third, for Springs to be involved in any trade, he and New England brass would have to agree on an extension. There is zero chance of this happening.

The only way he ends up here is if the 'skins give up the six pick, and next years first altogether. Washington would then have no problems at corner, though it would have come at an unforgiveable cost.

What could we offer NE besides 2 first round picks? I'd give up next years 1st and a player or 2 maybe. If he wants Bly type money he wouldn't hurt us to much on the cap. All I know is that I don't want him in the NFC East unless he is with us. NE will probably just let him sit because I don't think anyone wants to give up 2 first rounders with us being the exception.

Archived