Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Signed: OL Jason Fabini

graniteFallsNCskins

Another competitor for guard? Sounds like he could benefit from a move inside.

2006 Scouting Report - Scouts Inc.

Grade: 71 | Key

Alert: None

Comment:

Fabini is strong, powerful and very tough. He is an aggressive, intimidating short-area mauler. He plays with a mean streak and works to finish and sustain blocks. He doesn't get beaten very often once he locks on to a defender. He has pretty good first-step quickness and an explosive initial punch. He is experienced and still can be very effective in the run game. He will slide outside and battle in pass protection. He can make it very tough for rushers to get by him when he reaches them. But Fabini is aging and lacks ideal athleticism, even for the right side. He doesn't have a lot of speed or range. He struggles against edge rushers and just about any kind of speed or athleticism. He is prone to overextending and is vulnerable to double moves back inside. He has trouble redirecting. His past back problems and age make him an injury risk.

and those poke fans claiming he was their OL savior last year, will be laughing at the Skins for signing him :laugh:
They're the same ones we told he was washed up!:( :laugh:

Maybe it is Joe Fabini:laugh:

I guess the Cowboys and Redskins are trading garbage.
Yep, Molinaro unproven and can't stay healthy. Fabini played great for a few years, then seemed to lose it.

PRESS RELEASE

For Immediate Release

March 26, 2007

WASHINGTON REDSKINS SIGN OL JASON FABINI

Ashburn, VA- The Washington Redskins have announced that they have signed offensive lineman Jason Fabini. Terms of the contract were not disclosed. Fabini will add depth to the Redskins offensive front.

Fabini, 6-7, 309, is a 10-year NFL veteran who signed with the Dallas Cowboys prior to the 2006 season. He played in 15 regular season games for Dallas in a reserve role and was inactive for one game. Prior to his tenure in Dallas, Fabini played nine seasons (1998-2005) with the New York Jets. During his career, he has played in 129 regular season games with 114 starts.

Fabini was originally selected by the Jets in the fourth round (111th overall) of the 1998 NFL Draft after attending the University of Cincinnati. He was a three-time All Conference USA selection and was a co-captain while starting every game at left tackle as a senior.

Hopefully he kept his playbook

Well, I would say this is a good signing IF Parcells was still coaching and Fabini kept his playbook . . . But this guy couldn't even start on a subpar cowboys o-line.

But yeah, what's the deal with us trading back-up o-linemen? Maybe these guys never got the rivalry . . .

this could mean that we signed him to replace Todd Wade as the backup T so that Wade could play LG

Seems the most likely case to me. This way they won't have to play around shifting Wade back to tackle if Samuels or Jansen gets hurt.

Considering the cost of Oline guys these days(big Dock who is soso got PAID, Leonard Davis who might not even be soso got PAID), I think this is a great signing for O line depth. Optimal situation? no...but for the naysayers I have to ask....What other affordable options are out there this offseason to increase the quality of Oline depth for the Skins? I think the FO is doing well this offseason...considering

The Skins have tried to add depth to the Oline through the draft but niether Wilson or Molinaro worked out.

He was brought in to be competition with Rob Pettiti. But Marc Colombo came out of Left field and won the RT Spot. Which lead to Pettiti's release. Fabini played sparringly in some Goal line situations.

I wouldn't expect a savior, but definitly could be a Above average guy if he plays until somebody else is ready.

Archived