Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

archuleta

gillherb

"I'm looking forward to the fans of Washington actually seeing what I'm capable of doing and what I could have been doing in a Redskins uniform."

I have respect for Adam Archuleta after such a miserable experience, for both him and the Redskins, to keep his head straight and say something like such. I know it's not the kindest statement in the world, chances are he wants to really stick it to us. But still, comparing him to Lavar, who completely threw us fans under the bus, Arch has been quite diplomatic.

Chicago will know how to use him. We had no need for a player of his style, yet GW played the arrogant role and thought he had a "fool-proof" defense. I blamed the coaches from day 1 for his downfall in 2006, and I'll hold to that as long as I live(I'm sure many of you feel the same way). The problem was not AA, but that the coaches had no idea how to use him.

This thread is great and all,but until I get an answer all my replies will be "Why does my avatar have NO NEW THREADS" by the name!!!!!

Want to hold your breath as well? Maybe sit on the floor and refuse to move while you're at it. That'll show them won't it? :rolleyes:

"I'm looking forward to the fans of Washington actually seeing what I'm capable of doing and what I could have been doing in a Redskins uniform."

I have respect for Adam Archuleta after such a miserable experience, for both him and the Redskins, to keep his head straight and say something like such. I know it's not the kindest statement in the world, chances are he wants to really stick it to us. But still, comparing him to Lavar, who completely threw us fans under the bus, Arch has been quite diplomatic.

I'm curious, exactly how did LaVar "completely threw us fans under the bus"?

He ripped the organization. Yes

Took shots at coaches. Yes

But he's always been complimentary towards the fans.

You must be thinking of Ryan Clark, who mentioned how much better Steeler fans are vs. Skins fans.

something tells me that even though lots of money involved.. the situation he was in here, he was still not happy, regardless of money involved.

Sure, I can understand that CP. The guy likely takes pride in his craft and wanted to contribute but things just didn't work out. The money should help some though - spoonful of sugar and all that...

The WT has a few paragraphs on Adam and what he had to say about the organization...

While I was so excited Archuletta was going to be a Redskin, now I truly believe he was the one responsible for the article that had come out. An article that was trying to tear apart the whole organization.

Now he has come out with comments such as:

"Last year was pretty much a life-altering experience for me," Archuleta said Thursday during a conference call with reporters. "In a certain sense, I hit rock bottom. ... During my time there, it was a negative, but as I look back, I think it was a positive thing for me."

"The communication between me and -- not all members, but certain members -- of the coaching staff was pretty nonexistent the last few months of the season," Archuleta said.

Asked why the Redskins weren't a good fit for him, he laughed and said, "I don't know if we have enough time to get into it. ... I could get into it and air a whole bunch of dirty laundry, but what's done is done. One thing I will say is that there's a lot more going on than people really understand and realize."

From the article at the AP here.

I don't know about anyone else, but to me it sounds like he is saying it is all the Coaches in Washington's fault, rather than taking any responsibility for not playing well. I think he needs to just stay out of the media and prove it on the field, and don't bad-mouth the Redskins!

I don't know about anyone else, but to me it sounds like he is saying it is all the Coaches in Washington's fault, rather than taking any responsibility for not playing well. I think he needs to just stay out of the media and prove it on the field, and don't bad-mouth the Redskins!

I know this may not be what people want to hear but IF Arch goes to the Bears and becomes another key part of one of the best defenses in football will people around here start to believe that maybe, just maybe, the defensive coaching staff is really as bad as their worst nightmare has told them they are?

Bottom line is, he is gone now, so there really isn't anything left to be said. The coaches initially overpaid him, then played him to his weaknessess(I know, GW says he always does that, guess that makes him a good coach :whoknows: ), then blackballed him, then got rid of him. And it only cost us a few million last year and this year. :doh:

yeah, shows a lot of class. "look what i could have done for you, bwahahahaha" sounds like a spoiled little b@#$h to me.

I know this may not be what people want to hear but IF Arch goes to the Bears and becomes another key part of one of the best defenses in football will people around here start to believe that maybe, just maybe, the defensive coaching staff is really as bad as their worst nightmare has told them they are?

No - it will mean GW misused him. That doesn't mean GW is a bad coach, it means that he expects more out of his players than what they think they can do maybe? I don't know.

Bottom line is, he is gone now, so there really isn't anything left to be said. The coaches initially overpaid him, then played him to his weaknessess(I know, GW says he always does that, guess that makes him a good coach :whoknows: ), then blackballed him, then got rid of him. And it only cost us a few million last year and this year. :doh:

How did they blackball him?

I wonder if u think if u'll have respect for him after saying this

"I don't regret signing with the Redskins," said Adam Archuleta, who chose Washington over Chicago as a free agent in 2006 and is now reunited with Bears coach Lovie Smith, his defensive coordinator during his first three NFL seasons. "The communication between me and certain members of the coaching staff was pretty nonexistent for the last few months of the season. I could air a whole bunch of different laundry. There's a lot more going on [at Redskin Park] than people understand."

Archuleta was, by accounts, a very professional guy through the whole situation. I've no doubt he can play well used the right way in the right situation. He could have done that here perhaps. He may do it in Chicago. He may fail. Who knows. And since he's gone, who really cares :).

While I was so excited Archuletta was going to be a Redskin, now I truly believe he was the one responsible for the article that had come out. An article that was trying to tear apart the whole organization.

It was Shawn Springs that was responsible for the article, we've been over this numerous times...the "informant" in the article revealed stuff that happened during the 2004 season and last time I checked Arch wasn't in our locker room in 04 or 05...

Either way I think he was in a bad situation here, he was misused by the coaches...We weren't deep enough in the secondary last year and our entire defense stuggled because of that. I wonder what could have happened had Prioleau been healthy and Arch was used as the situational in the box safety that he was supposed to be...

Now that he's gone however I could care less about the guy. There's no sense in crying over spilt milk, so how about we just move on...

Would everyone stop with the "misused" bs, the guy can't cover ****. He's nothing but a glorified linebacker at the safety position. I have a feeling GW expected him to work on his positioning and cover skills and Arch didn't. He stayed the same player. Does anyone honestly think that GW and the Skins simply brought him in here to play the LOS and not "cover". Sure PP's injury hurt us but Arch played like crap, gimme a break, "misused".

Archived