Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

archuleta

gillherb

Would everyone stop with the "misused" bs, the guy can't cover ****. He's nothing but a glorified linebacker at the safety position. I have a feeling GW expected him to work on his positioning and cover skills and Arch didn't. He stayed the same player. Does anyone honestly think that GW and the Skins simply brought him in here to play the LOS and not "cover". Sure PP's injury hurt us but Arch played like crap, gimme a break, "misused".

Guess you never saw him play for St. Louis, man was a beast there, thats why I think the problem was with the Redskins, not him.

It may very well be that used in certain situations Archuleta can be real good. However the Redskins didn't have the luxury of utilizing players simply for specialty situations. Last year, with who we had playing on defense safety's had to be able to cover.

We weren't so stacked with talent on defense where one player could be so lacking in a key area that others could cover the slack. I think Archuleta has some skills but they aren't very broad. He's got a real narrow set of things he does very well.

No - it will mean GW misused him. That doesn't mean GW is a bad coach, it means that he expects more out of his players than what they think they can do maybe? I don't know.

How did they blackball him?

Would everyone stop with the "misused" bs, the guy can't cover ****. He's nothing but a glorified linebacker at the safety position. I have a feeling GW expected him to work on his positioning and cover skills and Arch didn't. He stayed the same player. Does anyone honestly think that GW and the Skins simply brought him in here to play the LOS and not "cover". Sure PP's injury hurt us but Arch played like crap, gimme a break, "misused".

Expects more out of his players? I don't understand what that means exactly. You go out and drop a ton of money on a guy you want and you expect more than what he has done in the past? GW brought him here with the knowledge he wasn't the best cover guy. It was said in another post. The guy was never great in coverage, but he stood out at what he did best. It was the genius of our defensive coaching staff to, rather than position him to continue to be good at what he does, put him in a position in which it was known to everyone he would be exposed. You can call it "missued" or "bad coaching" or whatever you want to call it but the fact remains that before he got here he was a recognized starter in the league and when he left he couldn't even start on the worst defense in the league! On top of that, one of the best defenses in the league thought by getting him they could improve themselves in some way. Funny how that all points to the way he was "used" or "coached" here in D.C. :2cents:

You go out and drop a ton of money on a guy you want and you expect more than what he has done in the past?

Yes I do, when I hire someone I expect them to be more productive than they were in the past when I give them a substantial increase in pay, it's called earning your paycheck, AA did not. I don't think he wanted to be anything more than a one dimensial safety. He could have worked on his cover skills, I don't believe that he did, hell even his wife ****ed on ES about poor AA not being used right, he's a ****ing safety, part of that duty is coverage. Thats like stating I'm an offensive lineman but I'm only good at run blocking so when I give up a sack it's the coaches fault for putting me out there on pass plays.

This thread is great and all,but until I get an answer all my replies will be "Why does my avatar have NO NEW THREADS" by the name!!!!!
Here is a thought, why don't you try to PM a mod to find out what happened instead of boring us to tears. Sorry mods.

BTW, PM stands for PRIVATE MESSAGE. Mod means Moderator.

Be good now. :)

Yes I do, when I hire someone I expect them to be more productive than they were in the past when I give them a substantial increase in pay, it's called earning your paycheck, AA did not. I don't think he wanted to be anything more than a one dimensial safety. He could have worked on his cover skills, I don't believe that he did, hell even his wife ****ed on ES about poor AA not being used right, he's a ****ing safety, part of that duty is coverage. Thats like stating I'm an offensive lineman but I'm only good at run blocking so when I give up a sack it's the coaches fault for putting me out there on pass plays.

His wife ****ed on ES? huh?

There's also a lot going on in Chicago that a lot of people don't know about. It's called behind the scene activity. Bottom line up front (BLUFF). The man couldn't cover so how is Chicago going to use him? Will he be used as an undersized linebacker? Who will he start in front of? Come on now! Let's be real. The worse thing about it all was we could have done a lot better for a lot cheaper. Oh Ryan may not have been great, but how many teams have a team's FS and SS both are great players? Not many. I think one of our problems is: instead of trying to coach, think and work through the adversity of not having the All-Pro or great player, we try and sign what appears to be saviors. Hey start dog gone (haven't scene anyone use dog gone) coaching.

Hell, Indy went into the Super Bowl with a starting CB from Howard and had a starting MLB from Anacostia H.S., S.E. D.C. As a matter of fact I think they (Indy) were sucking in run defense last few weeks of the season. We have the deepest skill sets on Offense in the East, hell probably the entire NFC but you just can't walk on the field and expect magic to happen. Nine times out of ten the game plan you go in with won't win the game. You have to make adjustments. There's probably some stuff going on in Indy too but hell who knows or cares. Seattle loss their RB early in the game and made adjustments and moved on in the divisional playoffs in 05.

If we're set at our skill positions then what's the problem, we're missing an OG from last years OL, so? We should still be able to win time of possession and take care of business in the Redzone. Instead of worrying about what's going on that fans don't know about he better start worrying about working through Chicago and making a statement up their. Oh coaches not talking to me , probably not because you came in here with all this talent was jealous of your fellow team mates had some adversity in your life, probably for the first time and was too weak to deal with it.

You got benched, gave up and now you're talking about they won't talk to you. Yeah, they weren't talking to you because they were talking about you. Come on man step outside your body and look at yourself right now. Would you talk to you? Come on man you're a SS in the NFL and you're worrying about people talking to you? Ask Sean how he feels about somebody talking to him? Yeah, I hear you. You're a bum live with it or fix it. Wish you the best but please change before you get to Chicago. By the way they have some DBs and safetys so expect some adversity this time deal with it.

Two words I'd like to have censored from Extremeskins: "beast" and "misused."

Seems very few people actually know the right times & situations to use them.

:applause: "Beast" is the word I hate in here. It is the most overhyped, overexaggerated, over used word to describe any player someone has a man-crush on. I literally hate that word. I cringe everytime I see it in here.

he's a ****ing safety, part of that duty is coverage. Thats like stating I'm an offensive lineman but I'm only good at run blocking so when I give up a sack it's the coaches fault for putting me out there on pass plays.

Analogy of the year. :applause: Be careful, you may have described Dockery. :laugh:

"I'm looking forward to the fans of Washington actually seeing what I'm capable of doing and what I could have been doing in a Redskins uniform."

I have respect for Adam Archuleta after such a miserable experience, for both him and the Redskins, to keep his head straight and say something like such. I know it's not the kindest statement in the world, chances are he wants to really stick it to us. But still, comparing him to Lavar, who completely threw us fans under the bus, Arch has been quite diplomatic.

When and where did he say that? Could you provide a link? That comment doesn't sound like the stuff I saw him say on Chicago's website. In fact, he was careful not to say anything bad about the us SKINS and just referred to last year as a disappointing season and that he needs to prove to everyone what he can do. And that being back in a system that he was familiar with will help him do that. Never once trashed us. I think he had to go and cursed his name everything time a TE scored on us but I needs some proof that he said that before I really go off on his limited safety skills.

I'm curious, exactly how did LaVar "completely threw us fans under the bus"?

He ripped the organization. Yes

Took shots at coaches. Yes

But he's always been complimentary towards the fans.

You must be thinking of Ryan Clark, who mentioned how much better Steeler fans are vs. Skins fans.

Are you kidding me lol? You choose to backup LaVar who talked and talked his mouth off the moment he left, and to rip Ryan Clark, who made ONE statement the week he was traded to Pittsburg(God forbid he actually say something good about the team he is now on, after all that only happens... EVERYTIME A PLAYER CHANGES TEAMS). Seriously.

See this is what makes me mad not at Arch,but at our coaching staff.Seems to me there has been almost a player every year that says something like this when they leave.I for one am starting to believe these players.Sounds like to me that we have some babies coaching this team and when a player plays bad or some how gets on there bad side.Some of the coaching staff decides to ignore and not man up and fix the problem.Lets face it with Arch we sucked last year and without Arch we sucked.I am sorry i doubt he had anything to do with this team being ranked 31st in total defense.I blame the coaching staff and they better get there head out of there *** this year.

The communication between me and certain members of the coaching staff was pretty nonexistent for the last few months of the season. I could air a whole bunch of different laundry. There's a lot more going on [at Redskin Park] than people understand."

Archuleta, a solid five-year starter in St. Louis, was certainly not as good in Washington, let alone worthy of being the league's highest-paid safety. Archuleta struggled in pass coverage in the preseason and never improved. He lost his job to 35-year-old free agent Troy Vincent in Week 9 and barely saw the field behind career special-teamer Vernon Fox in December.

"I sensed things were kind of strange, really not what they seemed towards the end of training camp," the 29-year-old Archuleta said. "I didn't see it coming. It kind of snowballed into kind of a mess. I won't pretend I went there and lit it up. When you look at the performance of the team and the defense and you look at individual performances, I don't think mine was really out of line.

Smurf, there's always 2 sides to every story and Gibbs is not the type to get caught up in media drama.

I have a feeling Gibbs has nothing to do with this one.I am talking about the defensive coaching staff.I am not blaming Gibbs,but i am blaming the defensive coaches.Lets not act like Arch said a lot either.He said he could,but he's not going to.I think Arch is being a man about it and letting it go.I mean he really didn't say anything we didn't know already.

Archived