Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

11-5 !?!

conbob54

Why the hell not? Optimism sure is a lot more fun than the alternative, even if deep down you don't really believe it. If the fans can't have hope, who will?

im on that boat, i dont care how bad we are, i honestly believe we will do what it takes to be the best....that is if i remember what is called being a.....fan? i might be mistaken though :cool:

But in 2004 we were 6-10 and turned that round in a year to be 11-5 so how is it far fetched to think something like that could happn again. yes we could be 3-13 or 13-3 untill the season starts there is no telling what we could do next year so if people want to be optomistic why not?

I am a fan of optimism (it certainly feels better ;) ), but I am more of a fan of cautious optimism. Last year we had pure optimism without the caution which led us to constant Super Bowl fantasies and 12-4, 13-3 predictions. Once that fell apart everyone was completely blown away and devastated, which leads to the inevitable "no way we can get better, we will suck this year too" threads as a backlash reaction.

Personally, I honestly believe we have the building blocks to be a much better team this year (Campbell developed very nicely last year and is committed to doing whatever it takes to get better, the team is going to be more experienced with the Saunders offense, MLB situation looks much better, CB is upgraded, coaches seem to be figuring out that they are not infallible geniuses with schemes that not even God could figure out), but I am tempering that with caution because there is no way to know. Either way, I'll support the Skins no matter what.

:point2sky

took San Diego to overtime

Wrong year. That was 2005, when we actually made the playoffs.

I agree with the term "cautious optimism." Its possible we go 11-5, but that'll be a pleasant surprise rather than something I expect to happen. On the other hand, I won't think the 4-12 predictions that some offseason writers will likely hang on us will be appropriate. I think somewhere in the middle, say 8-8, is most realistic.

In 2004, we made a bunch of moves in FA/trades, and went 6-10.

In 2005, we made a few key moves and went 10-6.

In 2006, we made a bunch of moves and went 5-11 (injuries at key spots contributed to this a lot also IMO).

In 2007, it appears that we are only making a few key moves, so who knows. 11-5 or close to it is certainly possible.

The Saints and Jets have been mentioned. My co-workers are always quick to remind me that the Ravens went 13-3 last season. They were 6-10 in 2005.

In the NFL, just about anything's possible from year to year!

I hate to be a downer, but all this talk about 11-5 next year is killing me! before last season, everyone was saying 11-5! 12-4! 16-0!!! super bowl!! and look what happened, last year everyone was saying, oh look at how easy the schedule is! the titans and the texans! and look what happened. this year perople are saying the same thing. we have many easy oponents next year, but if we are not carefull we could go 4-12 next year, a team that lost to the titans can lose to any team on our schedule this year.

not to say i dont love my skins or anything.. just a reality check

hail :point2sky

I agree with you. One thing that I notice since I been on this message board. Fans here are wishful thinkers. All you have to do is run a name past them and their panties start getting wet. Comments like Archuletta a beast. JC is a monster. I even seen a thread praising Spencer Havner wtf? I used to have that mentality. Now I look at the facts and dont wishfull think. No one knows what will happen during the season.

I hate to be a downer, but all this talk about 11-5 next year is killing me! before last season, everyone was saying 11-5! 12-4! 16-0!!! super bowl!! and look what happened, last year everyone was saying, oh look at how easy the schedule is! the titans and the texans! and look what happened. this year perople are saying the same thing. we have many easy oponents next year, but if we are not carefull we could go 4-12 next year, a team that lost to the titans can lose to any team on our schedule this year.

I, like most of ESers, say that we will be 11-5 (or better) every year.:silly:

I don't know. I think it would be hard for me to be a fan of any team if my expectation was failure every year. I always expect the Skins to win because I'm a fan. I root for the Skins believing they'll go 16-0 until they lose a game. Then I root for them believing they'll go 15-1. Now, don't get me wrong. I love them just as much when they are 4-12 as when they're 14-2, but I don't expect 4-12. And I think that calling people out for wanting to believe it will be better is a little ridiculous.

We'll just have to adopt the old Brooklyn Dodgers motto: Wait 'til next year.

I like our chances personally.I don't think the other teams in the east did to much to improve this offseason and the Eagles even lost some key players.No more Tiki or Stahlworth, that won't hurt us.Now to look back,it was kind of a retooling year.Now our new OC has a full year under his belt with our new WR's.Our new QB has some playing time and some chemistry with his teamates.Our O line is still together except for Dock and he wasn't that great anyway and we have kept our depth.The defense is gonna be more solid now that we have a solid nickle and brought in a true MLB that already knows the system and will be the QB on that side of the ball.We have some good young guys on the D that also have more playing time and should be able to help out more. Why not get excited about next season. We have just about everything in place to make a run again.

Well, anyone who said 11-5 at least got their numbers right, albeit in the wrong order. I may have been one of them :(

I refuse to make a prediction this year, I will just watch the season unfold with tempered enthusiasm-- When we win our first eight games, I'll start going crazy happy. :)

:logo:

w/e dude. When we go 11-5 or 12-4 this upcoming season, you'll be eating your words.

Blah blah blah.... next year you'll be eating your words.... blah blah blah.... we're gonna be great.... yada yada yada.... prove everyone wrong.

You wanna eat your words for your prediction of last year... and pretty much every year for the last decade and a half.

I'm tired of all this crap about how people will be eating their words every year and then us continuing to stink. We've sucked for a long time and the smart money says that we will suck again this year.

There's no such thing as an easy team.:paranoid:

I am going to have to agree with the guy that made this thread.I am sick of people saying this team is a 11-5 team.We got a MLB and some more depth at CB.We lost a guard and we haven't fixed the d-line yet.Point is we still have holes,is it possible we could go 11-5.Yeah it is,but lets not say we are going to do it.Lets just let our team play and then we will see what happens.A lot of people around here like to jinx this team.I for one am not one of those people.

Archived