Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

11-5 !?!

conbob54

I hate to be a downer, but all this talk about 11-5 next year is killing me! before last season, everyone was saying 11-5! 12-4! 16-0!!! super bowl!! and look what happened, last year everyone was saying, oh look at how easy the schedule is! the titans and the texans! and look what happened. this year perople are saying the same thing. we have many easy oponents next year, but if we are not carefull we could go 4-12 next year, a team that lost to the titans can lose to any team on our schedule this year.

not to say i dont love my skins or anything.. just a reality check

hail :point2sky

Just look at the Jets...everyone had them going 3-13 and probably getting the 1st pick in the draft...come to think of it, it really WAS an amazing coaching job they did there...10-6 and the playoffs?

Pennington is average at best, they had like 4 running bakcs which really mean they had none...

They might be 4-12 this coming season but it just goes to show that any team can win double digit games with a few breaks.

I agree. My thing is that we as fans can say anything. We aren't part of the organization. But its a cause of concern when the team starts believing this. The problem, i found, was when M.B. was talking about getting home field advantage, back during training camp. They didn't even take a preseason snap yet, and he's talking home field. I would be most happy if they can keep quiet, work hard, and let all of the talking be done on the field.

the truth is the Redskins could be anywhere from 5-11 to 11-5 next season. No one knows how far Campbell is going to come along between now and September. We don't know how dynamic a combination Portis & Betts will be. We don't know if Springs will still be here to team with Smoot and Rogers. We don't know who the top pick will be.

but if the Saints could reverse their field that much in one offseason with all the additional adversity they faced, other teams can and should have optimism that with a good offseason and breaks with injuries similar good things can happen for them.

If anything, more people are taking the exact opposite approach. I mean really, have you read some of these posts? For awhile, there was this horrible taste in people's mouths. It was terrible, people had no hope. Absolutely none. Some people even claimed that they were "done". I remember one post, the guy said that after 30 some years of being a fan, he was done. Just like that. Yea, it definitely hasn't been peaches and cream around here.

Many good points in here, but one of the things to keep in mind is that in the NFL there is little difference between 8-8 and 10-6 or so...a few right or wrong bounces of the ball, or a few key injuries. The main difference is one record gets you into the playoffs (or around here paloffs :laugh: ) and the other has you sitting at home. Yes this team was 5-11 last year, but a turn around to double digit wins isn't as far fetched as some might make it out to be.

the truth is the Redskins could be anywhere from 5-11 to 11-5 next season. No one knows how far Campbell is going to come along between now and September. We don't know how dynamic a combination Portis & Betts will be. We don't know if Springs will still be here to team with Smoot and Rogers. We don't know who the top pick will be.

but if the Saints could reverse their field that much in one offseason with all the additional adversity they faced, other teams can and should have optimism that with a good offseason and breaks with injuries similar good things can happen for them.

Yep... This time of the year there is one thing that we can have and that is hope. Nothing can take that away till the season starts. :cheers:

If the NFC remains a weak group of teams then 8 or 9 wins can squeeze you into the post season. This team can at least get 9 wins. I say they can get 10 but the key is the Div. and confrence records. I dont want to see us having to look at other teams to lose so we can get in just handle our own.

I hate to be a downer, but all this talk about 11-5 next year is killing me! before last season, everyone was saying 11-5! 12-4! 16-0!!! super bowl!! and look what happened, last year everyone was saying, oh look at how easy the schedule is! the titans and the texans! and look what happened. this year perople are saying the same thing. we have many easy oponents next year, but if we are not carefull we could go 4-12 next year, a team that lost to the titans can lose to any team on our schedule this year.

debbie_downer.jpg

Hell, if we can win all 8 regular season home games, we can go 12-4. But everybody must be standing and making as much noise as there lungs will allow, whenever our "D" is on the field. I mean FEDEX should be friggin loud and very difficult to play in.

The Saints were a bit of an exception. #1, they didnt have any "home" games in 05. that makes a big difference. Then they got a Pro Bowl QB in FA, a healthy Duce, Bush fell to them in the draft and Colston was the sleeper pick of the entire draft. So, the Saints were really not as bad as their record was in 05, got a new coach how looks to be pretty damn good, 2 real lucky draft picks and some huge FA pick ups. I dont think there is anyway we'll be 11-5 this coming season. OUr DL needs a huge amount of help, and we dont have the picks to address all of it. Our D should be better next year, but it will not be a good defense, unless we happen to draft some DT/DE in the later rouneds who ends up being as good as Colston was for the Saints. And I would not hold my breath for that. I figure the BEST we can do is 8-8, IF we get lucky.

If anything, more people are taking the exact opposite approach. I mean really, have you read some of these posts? For awhile, there was this horrible taste in people's mouths. It was terrible, people had no hope. Absolutely none. Some people even claimed that they were "done". I remember one post, the guy said that after 30 some years of being a fan, he was done. Just like that. Yea, it definitely hasn't been peaches and cream around here.

Thank God that's over.

We still see little semblance of it left on the boards, but I think time has healed most wounds well. Plus we haven't done anything to give anyone any reason to whine yet. Hopefully we draft well too, cuz right now everything the FO is doing is being scrutinized to ****. It's as if we all know EXACTLY what we need and how to get it, and woe to the FO for doing it any differently.

It really is the chant of the Redskin. For as long as I can remember, we've had disappointing seasons followed by a few moves in the off-season, and all of a sudden there's this huge surge in optimism and everyone says, "this year will be different. This is our season." And, like an alzheimer patient, I forget all of the previous seasons and buy into it.

We should this year be any different? We got a solid, developing young QB, an incredible RB tandem, dangerous WRs, a decent O-line, a defense with potential...

So what the hell: This season will be different! This is our year!

a team that lost to the titans can lose to any team on our schedule this year.

we also beat New Orleans (playoff team) Jacksonville, took San Diego to overtime (their record was 14 - 2)....beat dallas (Romo sits to pee kept them out of the playoffs)

and if i remember correctly..once vince young took over...they were contenders

Archived