Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

duckett to the lions (PFT)

i guess duckett didnt like going 5-11, hed rather go 0-16.

POSTED 9:31 p.m. EST, March 9, 2007

DUCKETT TO DETROIT

Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that running back T.J. Duckett has agreed to terms with the Detroit Lions.

Duckett will sign a one-year, $1.5 million contract with the Lions.

The maneuver gives the Lions three starting-caliber tailbacks -- Duckett, Tatum Bell, and Kevin Jones. We've previously heard that Bell, who was acquired recently from the Broncos as part of the Dre' Bly trade, is a candidate to be traded again.

Duckett did the deal with Detroit after visiting the Seahawks.

Redskins gave up a thrid round pick for this chump and he goes to the lions what a waste of a draft pick

Duckett was never used right.. if anything, the Redskins are the chumps in this deal--not Duckett. We gave away a 3rd and never used him.. even when he could have worked out. All he needs to do is trust the O-Line, which he clearly did not--hence the tip-toeing.

Duckett was never used right.. if anything, the Redskins are the chumps in this deal--not Duckett. We gave away a 3rd and never used him.. even when he could have worked out. All he needs to do is trust the O-Line, which he clearly did not--hence the tip-toeing.

how hard is it to learn to run up the middle on the goalline :(

how hard is it to learn to run up the middle on the goalline :(

You have to trust the O-Line and their blocking scheme. But, if you are on the goalline I agree.. just plow through. Easier said than done with our Redskins. If it makes sense.. we will find a way to avoid it. LOL

Other than going home, this seems an odd choice for Duckett if he wants to play. They've got a crowded backfield there with K. Jones and Tatum Bell. Is he destined to be a career backup?

Jones was injured last year and it is not known when he will be back.. I thought that I heard that it is possible for him to miss the year. Liz Franc (sp?) injury. Tatum Bell may also be dealt again.

Jones was injured last year and it is not known when he will be back.. I thought that I heard that it is possible for him to miss the year. Liz Franc (sp?) injury. Tatum Bell may also be dealt again.

Right, I had forgotten about Jones' injury. It'll be interesting to see if they deal Bell. Will show how confident they are that Duckett can carry the load, at least until KJ's rehabbed.

Sad.

We rally didn't use him right though. We should have called bruiser type plays for him, up the gut, pound it, not sweeps. :doh:

I love Gibbs but, this quote still gets my blood boiling..

Duckett jogged in place on the sideline, waiting for a call from Coach Joe Gibbs that would never come. Dallas stonewalled Clinton Portis on first and second downs. When Mark Brunell threw incomplete on third, Duckett sighed with exasperation.

Even a Cowboys penalty that gave the Redskins an automatic first down at the 2 and four more chances for Duckett did not revitalize him, because Gibbs ignored his short-yardage bulldozer. Duckett stood next to running backs coach Earnest Byner, and snapped on his chin strap while the Cowboys stopped Portis twice, stuffed Ladell Betts on third down and crushed Portis on fourth and goal. Seven chances from inside the 5 passed with Duckett watching as harmlessly as a fan. With the Dallas defense celebrating as it danced off of the field, Duckett unsnapped the chin strap, nudged Byner and said, "E.B., I should have been in there."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/12/02/AR2006120200679.html

Lions agreed to terms with RB T.J. Duckett on a one-year, $1.5 million contract.

This gives Detroit some leverage to move Tatum Bell, although the club's current asking price is reportedly a second-round pick, so that'll need to be lowered if the Lions truly hope to move him. Duckett will be a threat to steal short-yardage carries from whomever starts at running back for the Lions in 2007, but likely require an injury to make any fantasy impact.

Link

Duckett is a part-timer. In the right system he can be a good change of pace back, but he has visions of being an every down starter and that's just not going to happen. He was drafted at #18 overall, much too high based on the skills toolbox he brings to the table.

What the Lions are doing in the offseason is a mystery to me. They acquire Bell (which I wouldn't have done) and now they are trying to move him? Who else wants Tatum Bell?? :)

Bell is so fragile you have to protect him from being hit and put on IR by a gust of wind.

I could see Detroit starting Duckett at some point. If you want to be an every down guy but don't really have the skills, horrible teams are the places to go. The one year deal suggests they are skeptical of him though so he might have to make a play or two. I'm going to miss using him in Madden. Whenever Portis isn't working, I go to Duckett to grind it out. No one knows who he is so they forget he's on my bench.

Archived