Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What is your feeling on the Bly and draft pick rumors

chris_c_19960

Can we even trade springs?? wouldn't the cap hit be too high. If springs cap hit wouldn't be too high we should do as follows. Bly and denvers 1st, 2nd, and 3rd for our 6th pick. then trade springs for prob like a 4th rounder. so we have a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, two 4th, and i think a 6th and 7th? then we could trade our 3rd and 4th to get another 2nd. and have a 1st, two 2nds, a 4th, 6th and 7th.

i would do the 6th pick to the broncos for Bly, and their #21, 53, and 70 in a blurr!!! A lot of mock drafts have Adam Carriker falling to pick 21 anyway, and he was pretty damn impressive at the combine. as far as Springs....he is always hurt and he started much drama lately. If we can get a 4th rounder and cap relief from someone i would be all for it. maybe even a 6th rounder. We can free up some dough to make Cooley a lifer....NOW!!!!!

I think this is a BAAAADDDD deal... anyway you look at it.

Trading Spings - cornerstone for the defence in the 2 good years missed a few games sure but is a known quantity and better suited to the system than Bly.

Trading Betts - Trading Betts for Bly is more stupid . Then we would have a crowded backfield at the CB possition it would instantly devalue Springs as teams would now we would need to offload him and significantly weaken the RB possition. It is not even that we would be trading an area of strength for an area of weakness we would be trading to weaken TWO areas of the team because then you have no Portis back up and have to hope Bly can play the system.

I don't even think we wanted Bly in the first place when discussing things with the lions we were essentially in it for picks in a three way trade off and it was a plan B if Smoot was not realeased.

Trading the 6th pick for picks - This always works best on draft day because you cannot predict nearly two months away from the draft who people want and what may be available for the pick. Right now Denvers 1,2,3 may sound ok but there is no garuntee they are offering that and on a points basis we would still be down and 21 in the 1st round is a LOOOONNG way from no 6.

Also who know who would be available at No6. Either of the top two QB may be available, CJ may be there, Peterson may be there, the thing is someone else in the top 10-12 may be willing to give up a lot more to obtain the player they covet than Denver does right now.

I think at some point in time we need to pay the piper. Let Springs stay, keep the 6th, and pick the best DL available. We need to anchor the D-line. Find someone to fill in the guard gap, and work that the best we can for this year. They should have locked Dock down early last season, or in camp. Trade Betts? uggh, yea, for Bly their 1st ,2nd , and 3rd...no way. Suck it up and do the best we can in next years draft. We will always have areas of need. Get Danny to spend some money on some better scouts. I feel we have a weak scouting department, and that all starts with the weak Leader who runs the department...VC

I think if Bly really wants to be in Washington then he will accept the fact that Denver won't extend his contract and play for the Skins in 08 once he becomes a free agent. If he wants to be in DC just for the money then they don't need in the first place. If Bly wants to be in DC beceause he wants to be a Redskin then it will work itself out anyway. EDIT: I just heard on Sirius NFL radio that Dry Bly is from Chesapeake, he be a Skins Fan from way back.

As someone else said before the Denver 1st, 2nd, and TWO 3rds still isn't as valuable as the #6 overall pick from a point status...it's just too far to fall and still get the impact D line player. Maybe if it was Denver's 1st, 2nd, and next years 1st for the #6 overall....maybe

The Skins made the right move in not dealing Springs unless they get the cap relief they need in order for it to make sense.

Betts should never even be a consideration....Let the Broncos work thier backfield magic with someone else.

I think this is a BAAAADDDD deal... anyway you look at it.

Trading Spings - cornerstone for the defence in the 2 good years missed a few games sure but is a known quantity and better suited to the system than Bly.

Trading Betts - Trading Betts for Bly is more stupid . Then we would have a crowded backfield at the CB possition it would instantly devalue Springs as teams would now we would need to offload him and significantly weaken the RB possition. It is not even that we would be trading an area of strength for an area of weakness we would be trading to weaken TWO areas of the team because then you have no Portis back up and have to hope Bly can play the system.

:cheers: KEEP SPRINGS!! Keep Betts!!

Let Dre Bly stay in Denver.

This is a case where the longer we wait to pull the trigger, the more we are favored....I doubt Denver want's to go into the season with "rent a player" on Bly. We are in a decent position now.....JOE - Stick to your guns and make sure we come out on top in any trade we do!!!!

I don't like it.

The cap hits will not be pretty.

I don't have a problem trading down from #6 to get more picks, but dealing Springs will cost us 7.5 mill THIS YEAR. Add that to the contract the Bly is going to sign, and all of a sudden, we're right up against the cap, leaving us little room to do much else, such as extend certain players (#47 comes to mind)

Of course, if we cut Springs, then the cap hit can be pushed back to next year. Trading him would be a cap killer.

I'd jump all over pick #'s 21, 56, & 87 + Bly.

Then dump Springs

We're getting away from the #6 and all of the overpriced hype that goes with that pick, but we're not really losing out on a good player because this draft is loaded with good DE's. We could still get DT's Okoye or Tyler, or DE's Carricker, Moss or Spencer, and still have pick #'s 56 & 87 to build depth with.

Jump on this one now!

The top Defensive linemen including the 19 yo will be gone by the time the 21st pick comes up.

If this deal doesn't fall thru and I really hope it does I can envision on the broncos board a pic of the skins "braintrust?" with the caption "pimped and owned."

Bly is a 9 yr vet so lets not act like he is a kid

Bly is what 5'9 and Williams uses the corner backs like linebackers in runsupport and blitzes.

Lets not pretend that Bly is going to match up well against the Big receivers in the NFC east.

Springs is bigger and on a team that plays a normal defense will be fine

The rumor is our 6th for bly 1st 2nd and 3rd rounder....when you do trades each player and pick has a value...the 6th pick has a value that when you combine bly and the picks it is even that is how it is approved by the teams and the league. All this betts and springs talk is garbage the skins will not give up betts and i believe they hope springs can restructure and if not traded for another pick.

And oh yeah I would do it in a heart beat. there are several DE's or DT that may be available, and a 2nd round guard should be able to contribute....we might even bea ble to get a SS that can tackle and cover in the 3rd round...it makes sense!!!

Archived