Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jets Get RB Jones from Bears for swapping 2nd Round picks(merged

Farbod21

Jones has gotten the cold shoulder of two teams that he was instrumental in their winning a Super Bowl.

Some guys just get no respect.

Great move for the Jets. They were a pretty good team this past year, with Leon Washington providing some scastback capability, they could make some noise.

~Bang

Hahaha...ahahaa...

Silly Bears. :laugh:

Seriously though, I just don't get this one. I wouldn't say Jones is a "beast" yet, but he is a good RB worth far more then 28 spots in the second round. I mean... what's up? Maybe the Bears know something we don't, but otherwise...

Nice move for the Jets! I have a Jets fan at work and I'm sure he'll be praising this move tomorrow when I see him. Don't know what the Bears are thinking on this one. Cedric Benson hasn't done much to show he's ready to be full 20-25 carry back.

Thomas Jones demanded a trade a few weeks ago, I'm sure the Bears had a tough time finding a place to deal him...most of the teams that needed a running back have plans for the draft, signed, or traded elsewhere for the player they wanted.

The Jets did get amazing value out of this trade but I don't think the Bears had many options...it was probably either they make this uneven trade and get rid of Jones for SOMETHING or keep him as a cancer to the roster

I think the Bears might be trade partners with the 'skins on this one. The 'skins could get that #37 pick back. PFT mentions that the Bears might want to move up. I can see the 'skins trading #6 for #31 and #37 and perhaps another lower round pick.

my god did the bears get raped on this trade. please someone explain to me how the bears got anything nice in the trade other than a better 2nd rounder for a guy who carried their offense all last year. i guess they are ready for benson to get a shot. but my god youd think thomas jones had more value than a better 2nd round pick. if only the skins could have traded betts to them for a 2nd rounder.

I think the Bears might be trade partners with the 'skins on this one. The 'skins could get that #37 pick back. PFT mentions that the Bears might want to move up. I can see the 'skins trading #6 for #31 and #37 and perhaps another lower round pick.

Did you just say the skins are considering trading the number 6th pick in the draft for the 31st pick and the 37th pick and possibly a low round pick? Why would the skins do that? I would make that trade if I was the Bears in less than a minute.

The Bears got hoooooooooooooosed.

Im not exactly sure. Because the Bears are getting two 2nd round picks. They can get two great pick ups with those picks. One can be a running back if they choose. Everyone knows you can pick up a good HB in 3rd-4th round, or later. And Jones isnt a spring chicken neither. Im sure he's got a lot of wear in tear on his body, especially the way he runs. The world isnt coming to an end for the Bears because of this moves.

that could have been us for Ladell Betts...

but I like the idea of having both Portis and Betts in the backfield..

still think we'll trade down and trade Springs to denver and pick up a 2nd and 3rd rounder...

How about:

1st...Adam Carriker DE

2nd Tank Tyler DT

3rd..Manuel Ramirez OG

3 starters IMO

With Carriker...Tank...Griffin and Fletcher in the middle...no one will be running on us next year.

plus that Ramirez looks nasty...he'll just toss those DT out of the way for Betts and Portis.

so that leaves the bears with Cedric Benson? I don't think they should have traded Jones I think he was the better RB.

No doubt Jones is the better RB. In the Super Bowl, Jones ran the ball well, then they put in Benson and he fumbles the ball. This is a surprising move to me by the Bears. They have downgraded their RB position. They should be looking to get rid of Grossman, instead of Jones.

Archived