Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How about if Calvin Johnson falls to the 6th pick

XtremeFan55

Not gonna happen huh? Well, I'll tell you what, it could happen. It's not likely, but it could if some of these teams pick who I think they will. I think the Raiders may snatch him right away though, but they desperately need a franchise qb...I give up, he'll probably be gone after the third pick. We're in the drivers seat though with the 6th pick. I really think we can get either a stud rookie or use it to trade down for some quality picks.

HTTR

If somehow CJ falls to #6, What makes you think that other teams are going to want to fight to move up 1 too 3 spots? If they want him, they will start talking to Tampa Bay. I personally think he goes number 1 to Oakland, if not them, then maybe number 2, Because detroit just can't resist picking a receiver. It is never in our wildest dream going to happen.

The Football Gods will make sure he isn't there AT SIX so we can focus on the defensive line like anyone with a brain would do

In case you havn't noticed...if there were football 'Gods' we wouldn't be picking 6th.. :doh:

But he will NOT be at 6...can we please stop wetting our pants...and I mean in more ways then 1. Teams will try to trade up for him and if that doesn't happen its because one of the top 5 teams picked him. Lets stop our fantasy drafting for the Redskins and talk about which D-lineman we're going to pick and our options for LG.

Apparently everyone seems to be forgetting about a team by the name of the PATRIOTS, this is the same team that was asking about RANDY MOSS, they have 2 first rounders and they can use them and a 2nd this year and possibly a future 1st or 2nd rounder, and get ANY teams attention ahead of us.. not only that, it's not like CJ is the best WR available, he's the best PLAYER available, there are 5 teams ahead of us that could use him, and 26 selections behind us that could be packaged with future picks to take him away.. we should focus on Branch, Adams, Anderson, and Okoye, and the possibility of trading down 2-3 picks and landing one of them... the best possible scenario is that the Browns DO trade down with a team to get CJ, then ALL four elite D-Linemen would be available and we could trade down to 10-12 and get great value on our pick...

if calvin johnson falls to the 6th....

we should pick him up.

then resign LaVar for the vet minimum and stick him at the DE position where he was pretty effective his rookie season. that should fill patch our holes up a little bit and add a marquee big WR. plus, G-Dub would have 2 DEs that had experience playing LB and can experiement with rushing both of them, or rushing one and having the other drop back in coverage...or blitzing both LBs and having the DEs drop back in coverage.

i play too much madden.

He's the most talented player in the past decade, if you ask me.

*thinks about P. Manning, L.T., Marvin Harrison, Tom Brady, and a host of other players that have set records and proven themselves in the NFL*

Oh yeah, CJ is a god in the NFL. Despite the fact he hasnt even taken a snap. :rolleyes:

If he does we better pick him up thats all I know, forget all that talk about Gaines Adams or a DE period! That would be like the sorry Texans passing up on Reggie Bush and grabbing Mario Williams, what a waste!

If Calvin Johnson is available at 1.06, we're insane to use that pick on any player. We need to trade down and get more picks, and with Johnson still on the board we would be able to get great value in trade.

Archived