Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins underestimated Docs value on the market: To beat JLC

Lavarleap56

Some posters should be restricted to making only mute points.

Come on, Jumbo, I thought we were friends...

LL, good insight. I find it most interesting that players on the team also appear to think Dock was overpaid. Very interesting...

The Doc contract is simply ridiculous, and the fact the Buffalo isn't being spanked more noticeably for it says a lot about how even-handed the media is in applying criticism. Same with SF & 80 mil. All they get is a "wow".

No I got 1 that tops that honor and it belongs to dallas here it is and the link

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

DAVIS GETS BIG MONEY

Adam Schefter of the NFL Network reports that the Cowboys have given offensive lineman Leonard Davis a seven-year, $49.6 million contract, with $18.75 million in guaranteed money and $24 million paid out over the first three years of the contract.

The contract bests by $100,000 the deal signed on Friday by Eric "the Skipper" Steinbach in Cleveland.

The payout in guaranteed money falls far short of the $23 million that we heard Davis wanted But it's a great contract for a guy who has gotten no all-expenses-paid working vacations to Hawaii in six NFL seasons.

And Davis brings to four the total of lineman who got huge money in the past three days based apparently on potential.

None of them -- Davis, Steinbach, Kris Dielman, or Derrick Dockery -- have ever been to the Pro Bowl.

From what ive been told by some players is that Dockery was only recieving offers from the skins that included around a 5 million dollar signing bonus. I dont have exact numbers of length and what not cause these numbers came from a second hand source. I cant blame Dockery for leaving especially with the amount he was offerd here and what he ended up getting. I was told The skins were trying to get him to sign on for that now and possibly restructure at a later date when they didnt already have so much money tied up in the offensive line.

JLC talked bad about our board in his blog and our supposed insider " sources " so i felt obligated to put it out there before he did. I heard about this on Saturday and wasnt going to share because i didnt think it would become public knowledge.

The 5 million dollar figure might be a bit off but it is in the ballpark. Players are happy for Dockery but dont think he warented that type of contract . Basically Dockery benefited from a thin market and teams with TONS of cash to throw around.

Our CAP issues dictated the negotiations that we could initiate with Doc. He has never attained "all-pro" status, however his improvement was evident.

Free agency has greatly changed bargaining factors and it's only natural that the players will seek out the teams that will compensate them the most for their talents. It's all about the dollar bill, "show me the money " !!!! :mad:

you say we underestimated his value, I say the Bills overestimated it :laugh:

I disagree, because I don't think the Bills will ask him to pull and do as much as we did. I think that he will just have straight blocking schemes to deal with and as far as that goes Doc is a very good guard. It was when he had to pull and get into space that his mechanics broke down.

Wow... This is Derrick Dockery we are talking about right?? The WORST player on our O-Line... Do you people forget about his 3 false starts and 2 holding calls every single game?!? He played on a line with Samuels, Jansen, and Thomas. I could look good with those guys next to me. I wouldve been pissed if we gave him a bonus of anything over 6 mil. The guy is a guard, not a tackle. He blocks the guy directly in front of him and Thomas does 10x the pulling we ask Doc to do. The Bills are seriously RETARDED for this contract and if it was us doing it, Snyder would be tarred and feathered for about a month on every sports related website known to man.

You guys can call me out on this later, but I think Doc was trash. I think he actually made the rest of our O-Line worse because they had to cover for his slow ass and I cant begin to count all his drive killing penalties the past few yeas... Thank god Buffalo put an extra zero at the end of his contract!

:cheers:

The Doc contract is simply ridiculous, and the fact the Buffalo isn't being spanked more noticeably for it says a lot about how even-handed the media is in applying criticism. Same with SF & 80 mil. All they get is a "wow".

...you mean how NOT evenhanded the media is being Jumbo, right? I agree, they scorn us for being the "idiot" Redskins yet everyone else does the same things or worse. That is why I think that once Joe gets through building this franchise back up, we will start seeing the media kissing our ass again. I could care less about that, but it's interesting nonetheless. Nice analysis there :)

HTTR

im just not 100 % positive if the number i was told was the offers in the begining of negotiations or the final offers but either way 5 - 9 million is significantly less that what he got. I can see the thinking of the team on this though, we have samuels, Rabach, Jansen, and Thomas all with big contracts i mean how much money can u have in your offensive line?

Does it really matter what our offer was. There is no way we were going to pay him what the Bills did. I don't blame him for grabing the $$$, but not here.

The local media will spin it that way but 5-9mil sb for a guy of DDs status was good right up until 02/03/07 where common scence left the building...

yep.

I'm certain that people around here would have been going crazy if we re-signed Dock a week before FA to half the deal he got in Buffalo.

let me ask you, do you believe the redskins should be paying our worst offensive-lineman that type of money. I dont even think Chris Samuels or Randy Thomas makes that type of money

Samuels is probabaly making bank going into last season i believe he had like 18 million in guarenteed money coming to him with all the restructures he has done

Samuels is probabaly making bank going into last season i believe he had like 18 million in guarenteed money coming to him with all the restructures he has done

Perhaps, but he is also an all pro tackle whereas Dock was a "good" guard but nothing great. Good for Dock getting a big payday, but to be honest I'm glad it wasn't here. Those numbers are simply silly for his talent level.

Archived