Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins underestimated Docs value on the market: To beat JLC

Lavarleap56

From what ive been told by some players is that Dockery was only recieving offers from the skins that included around a 5 million dollar signing bonus. I dont have exact numbers of length and what not cause these numbers came from a second hand source. I cant blame Dockery for leaving especially with the amount he was offerd here and what he ended up getting. I was told The skins were trying to get him to sign on for that now and possibly restructure at a later date when they didnt already have so much money tied up in the offensive line.

JLC talked bad about our board in his blog and our supposed insider " sources " so i felt obligated to put it out there before he did. I heard about this on Saturday and wasnt going to share because i didnt think it would become public knowledge.

The 5 million dollar figure might be a bit off but it is in the ballpark. Players are happy for Dockery but dont think he warented that type of contract . Basically Dockery benefited from a thin market and teams with TONS of cash to throw around.

So basically, we weren't serious about retaining him then.

let me ask you, do you believe the redskins should be paying our worst offensive-lineman that type of money. I dont even think Chris Samuels or Randy Thomas makes that type of money

im just not 100 % positive if the number i was told was the offers in the begining of negotiations or the final offers but either way 5 - 9 million is significantly less that what he got. I can see the thinking of the team on this though, we have samuels, Rabach, Jansen, and Thomas all with big contracts i mean how much money can u have in your offensive line?

I don't know about his 'value' on the market - thats a matter of opinion. But the entire known universe underestimated what he could get paid.

Ridiculous, for a guy who's at best been good, hardly a great player. I guess I can't blame him for going for the ludicrous contract. But no one with any significant intellect could've seen that offer coming.

It wouldn't have mattered if they could. Because I don't think any other team in the league would've been crazy enough to offer that kind of money.

The Doc contract is simply ridiculous, and the fact the Buffalo isn't being spanked more noticeably for it says a lot about how even-handed the media is in applying criticism. Same with SF & 80 mil. All they get is a "wow".

let me ask you, do you believe the redskins should be paying our worst offensive-lineman that type of money. I dont even think Chris Samuels or Randy Thomas makes that type of money
Before I answer that question, please take a gander at some of my past quotes on Dockery. :)

Some mods don't even speak to me any longer because of my observations on him. :) j/k

At this point I think this a mute point. It's not like there's anything we can do to get him back, and at that price why would you want to?

I agree completely. People are acting as if we let Dock go for only a handful of loose change. Get over it! Dockery was clearly in it for the money and it shows. Then again, as Mike Sellars *I'm thrilled he's been extended* said yesterday on Sirius NFL radio, Dockery would be "stupid" to turn down the money he was offered in Buffalo. Even the media is saying it was too much. BTW: Sirius NFL Radio likes our signings of Smoot and Fletcher.:helmet:

The Doc contract is simply ridiculous, and the fact the Buffalo isn't being spanked more noticeably for it says a lot about how even-handed the media is in applying criticism. Same with SF & 80 mil. All they get is a "wow".

I agree 100%, ifthe skins gave clements 80 mil they would be getting blown up in the media. I mean come on., he is the highet paid player in the history of the NFL?:doh: One can only imagine what Shawn Merriman is going to be looking at in a couple of years. Dockery getting 18 mil??????????? Un effing real and kind of sick.

I agree completely. People are acting as if we let Dock go for only a handful of loose change. Get over it! Dockery was clearly in it for the money and it shows. Then again, as Mike Sellars *I'm thrilled he's been extended* said yesterday on Sirius NFL radio, Dockery would be "stupid" to turn down the money he was offered in Buffalo. Even the media is saying it was too much. BTW: Sirius NFL Radio likes our signings of Smoot and Fletcher.:helmet:

Sirius hands down has the best NFL coverage an analysis and I never miss moving the chains. Great insight.

Archived