Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Where Do We Go For An Offensive Lineman?

kentuckyskinsfan

I know everyone is extra snsitive about pessimism lately but I gotta say I am not happy about the way they are handling (or not handling) this guard spot. Seriously, do we have a plan for this? I assume they knew that dock might leave. I mean I did for God's sake. What the hell was the plan? Petigout? Are you serious? Drafting the kid form auburn is great but not this year. We had one strength at the end of last season. ONE! O-line. We didnt give up sacks and we had our second string halfbuck looking like a top 3 starter. We had something to build on. Now we are talking about petigout and lefotu? I just don't get this. Again, I understand that economics might have cost us dock but we had no other plan? We paid 25 million for a 32 year old middle linebacker and we are gonna stick Petigout at guard because we can't afford a real one? I just don't get this. I have faith in Gibbs. Its just in my blood at this point but its been tested a great deal in this latest regime. I am very interested to see how they are going to handle guard.

I get the feeling we aren't looking anywhere right now with regard to FA. I think it's a bit of slim pickins'. I think we'll put I guy in there that can get the job done. Hell, no one can do worse than Dock in pass pro and penalties. Seriously, he was great in the run game but how hard is that at this level? I think we'll see what is out there, and if something falls in our lap, so be it. If not, we'll work with what we have and/or check out some draft options depending on what moves we make. :2cents:

HTTR

First of all, kudos to the FO for not overpaying either Doc or Davis. We need a young talent at OG along with a vet back-up.

Isn't Adam Timmerman still available. He could be a good veteran tandem with Pucillo. No worries, Bugel knows what he's doing.

Well, if we are going to be stupid enough to draft a guard in the first round, get Aaron Sears.

But if we dont loose our mids, we sign a FA and maybe look to draft next year, or maybe we have someone already that could play for a season.

But no way should we draft a guard in the first round.

Another option I would absolutely LOVE it were to happen is if somehow they found a way to draft Ryan Kalil and turn him from a center into a guard. The guy is the strongest guy in the draft and mature beyond his years and has solid technique in every area. I think he's the best interior offensive linemen in the draft.

Archived