Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Can anyone here make a good Tar Tar ?

Mickalino

I've been searching the internet for a good Tar Tar recipe......

but the only thing that comes up in the search is Tartar sauce - which is NOT AT ALL what I'm looking for :laugh:

I'm starving for some good, seasoned, tastefully flavored, Steak Tar Tar.....anyone else ?

That actually sounds really good, the last time I had it was in a restaurant in Amsterdam and it was awesome (the wife wouldn't touch it though).

Since you brought it up, I was thinking of the best kind of steak to make this dish. I thought I would check out the prices for some authentic Kobe steak. How's $150 for one filet strike ya? http://1-800-kobebeef.com/index.html Unbelievable!!!

Cooking kills all the vital nutrients, dont ya know ?

Eating raw, gives you the full nutritional value :)

Since when was there an RDA for Salmonella? :laugh:

j/k Mick.

I shouldn't knock something I haven't tried. Fundamentally, a scavenger that eats crap off the bottom of the Chesapeake Bay sounds pretty nasty, but IMO, blue crabs are the single greatest food on the planet.

There is simply no way to cook a piece of Tuna without completely ruining it. The moment it touches the cookware... ruined. Don't care what your technique / recipe is.

As for steak... that needs to be cooked. :)

The recipe is nothing, you need good meat and good knife-work.

Hell, just drizzle some olive oil and a touch of vinegar on top, serve with a mustard-vinaigrette on the side. :hungry:

I would stay away from Emeril's, it's basically making Ceasar Salad dressing. It's very very hard to make a good Ceasar Salad, if you try to make one just from a recipe it'll be nasty.

There is simply no way to cook a piece of Tuna without completely ruining it. The moment it touches the cookware... ruined. Don't care what your technique / recipe is.

Not true. Not all tuna is created equal (read: not all tuna is sushi-grade). I make a mean cajun-fried tuna steak that will knock your socks off. Also, seared ahi is fantastic if done correctly.

You can cook tuna, you just have to know what you're doing. ;)

As for steak... that needs to be cooked. :)

...very briefly. :)

Since when was there an RDA for Salmonella? :laugh:

j/k Mick.

I shouldn't knock something I haven't tried. Fundamentally, a scavenger that eats crap off the bottom of the Chesapeake Bay sounds pretty nasty, but IMO, blue crabs are the single greatest food on the planet.

Funny you should mention Blue Crabs in a discussion about raw food, cuz I just had Blue Crab SUSHI yesterday, and it was awesome.

But if you really want to try some great raw meat, go with pork.

Have yourself a serving of raw sausage, totally uncooked....delicious

Just don't hold me responsible for any health issues that may happen as a result :paranoid:

Archived