Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who should we draft

ClintonINFORSIX26

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Well Kiper has branch going later now. I think we could use the whole Brady Quinn situation to our advantage, someone starving for a QB will want to get him and maybe we could pick up a safety like merriweather who is not going in the first round. Also when i was watching the senior bowl practices they talked really high of rouse from vt.

If we stay at #6 I would go with Anderson right now. HOwever, I'd probably prefer to trade down if I could. I think Branch could slip, and It'd be real happy getting either Branch/Okoye/Carriker and a 2nd or 3rd round pick out of it. I migth then look at DE or DT agian, depending on what we didnt get with our first pick. MLB would be my second choice for that pick.

<Beating the heck out of a dead horse> : Either Okoye or Lamar Woodley. Both are big, strong and athletic. I think Okoye is probably the better choice despite LW's ferocity, because the kid's only 18 after all. C'mon! Pick 'im, lock him up for at least six, and say goodbye to the Eli Mannings of the NFL picking us apart for 300+.

<Beating the heck out of a dead horse> : Either Okoye or Lamar Woodley. Both are big, strong and athletic. I think Okoye is probably the better choice despite LW's ferocity, because the kid's only 18 after all. C'mon! Pick 'im, lock him up for at least six, and say goodbye to the Eli Mannings of the NFL picking us apart for 300+.

Lamar Woodley??? You are joking I hope. He really showed very poorly at the Combine.

well its just my two cents, but im sure someone will disagree, hopefully someone will agree. Stay at 6 and take GAINES ADAMS he wants to be a REDSKIN that is very important Gibbs is always talking about CORE REDSKINS, this guy wants to be one......with that being said a healthy Griffin and Golston emerging, I believe are D-line will be fine. DRAFT ADAMS

If Adams can get to the QB why does his size matter his upside is great..to everyone who talks about his size

well its just my two cents, but im sure someone will disagree, hopefully someone will agree. Stay at 6 and take GAINES ADAMS he wants to be a REDSKIN that is very important Gibbs is always talking about CORE REDSKINS, this guy wants to be one......with that being said a healthy Griffin and Golston emerging, I believe are D-line will be fine. DRAFT ADAMS

he wants to be taken high, so he makes a lot of money. Seriously, we can trade down to 8 or 9 or 10, and still get Jamaal Anderson, while getting an early 2nd rounder. we can go 2 gap DT with that pick. solidifying our dline.

Carter, if he can maintain his momentum = good DE

Griffin = Great passrushing DE.

Tank Tyler = fatty 2 gap DT who is good at stopping the run and getting to the QB and collapsing the pocket

Jamaal Anderson = will be a 300 lb DE that can put up a mean pass rush, and is not a liability in run defense. his frame will also help our pass defense cause he can get those hands up and tip some balls = more ints.

Combine that with london fletcher, and AA is good at stopping the run, with a pass rush, ST can finally be a roaming ball hawking safety that he was meant to be. He is a good cover safety, he had bad coaching from steve jackson, we all know what he can do, and with a legit pass rush, we haven't ever reall had a front four that can pass rush since the 80s. Taylor will live up to his potential. It will be crazy nasty.

We can trade back into the mid to early teens and pick up a 2nd rounder. With our 1st we get Amobi Okoye, and with our 2nd we can get Victor Abmiamiri who will be on the board in the 2nd round (carriker will be long gone by then).

Abmiamiri is similar in stature to Anderson (inch shorter... bout 20lbs lighter), but he is faster than Anderson, and has put up consistently good #s throughout his career.

**EDIT**

come to think of it... we might even be able to trade back in the second to get abmiamiri, allowing us to pick up a 3rd or 4th in the process, if we could pull that off we could get a corner(Josh Wilson), lb (Zak DeOssie???), or maybe a guard(Manuel Ramirez).

none of the above. trade down twice. pick up two seconds. draft spencer late first. draft weddle in the second. draft bpa in second.

What makes you think Spencer and Weddle will make good players? I'm not going to be ignorant and say that those two are no good, because I don't know much about them.

I'd trade down and pick up Alan Branch. I'm still not sold on Okoye though.

Archived