Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: New Deal For Brunell Is Probable

D-Day

Wynn isn't wanted. He's done and just taking up space.

Same with Brunell. They should just tell him to retire and hire him as our 50th coach. He will be doing the same job anyway and will not count against the cap that way.

Brunell should have retired after 04 or when Leftwich replaced him.

This article disappoints me in many ways. I don't think Wynn should be back, no other team would sign him for more than a vet minimum, or no more than 1 million per year including bonuses.

I don't want Brunell back, keep Collins as the backup and find a good prospect to groom (seems like they are high on Casey Bramlet to bring him back again).

The good news was releasing Fauria, Hall, and Patten. Fauria and Hall were bums, Patten deserves a chance to play somewhere else, and I don't think he was handled very well here either.

I just want this team to go in a new direction with it's backups. Take all the cap hits of Brunell and Wynn's contract, which will still save us money this year either way. That leaves us with two less high priced contracts for 2007. We restructure those deals, we are just dooming ourselves down the road. I know Wynn said he'd take a complete pay cut, but it's still not worth it in my opinion. We have enough veterans for the defense like Marcus and Griffin and Daniels, so no loss there.

They are not tendering Jim Molinaro or Boschetti? I know Boschetti was released and all, and I really don't mind them cutting him. Molinaro though? He may not fit into plans as well I guess and probably did not pan out as a backup, but he still knows the system for 3 years and would not cost much to be solid depth.

The other good thing is them saying to re-sign Dockery, please make it happen.

Sounds like sayonara to Boschetti and Molinaro. I thought Ryan played well in spells, but Molinari never did seem to develop.

I think the big question mark this offseason continues to be what they plan to do with Springs. I am not convinced he wants to stay here anymore, which will make negotiations difficult.

Long week til Friday...

once gibbs is gone, the first thing the new coach will do is dump mark. gibbs only keeps him around for obvious reasons.............

*awaits "dont be ignorant" posts*

Here's a little something for you to think on. :)

12. No trolling.

Do not post messages that are inflammatory and serve solely to incite fellow members. ExtremeSkins has always prided itself on its zero tolerance policy for the common internet troublemaker. Trolls will be identified and censured, at the discretion of the ES Staff, quickly and efficiently.

Wynn will restructure his contract, It seems that he does this every other year.

I think he will take a cut, not restructure. He knows at his age hes not gaurentueed anything, so he will take the pay cut and still make more than anywhere else.

I like the Brunell news. He's a veteran guy who's still got some ability (recording setting game last year, good season numbers two years ago) and won't be looking to go elsewhere to start. And he'll continue to be a good mentor. He's a great choice to be the backup QB, IMO.

Sounds like sayonara to Boschetti and Molinaro. I thought Ryan played well in spells, but Molinari never did seem to develop.

I wouldn't say that. I'd say the moves are to not have money tied up in guys during the FA period which you will probably get anyways. It wouldn't surprise me to see both of those guys in camp this year.

Jason

I agree that the team should keep Brunell, but at a much lower cap figure. I like him as a backup. If JC ever got hurt, and hopefully it would only be a game or two, MB could come in and perform. MB is no longer a starter, but is still good enough to play and he is a smart guy.

Wynn needs to take a paycut or get released. I would leave Daniels alone until next year. Don't get rid of all your veterans.

The team can wait on Springs. Who they can pick up in FA and at what price I think will determine what happens to Springs. I don't think Clements is in the picture because he just costs too much. I like the idea of Smoot as long as he doesn't demand big money. He will have to be paid, but the FO needs to keep it reasonable.

Brunell may not be able to throw, but he sure knows how to read the writing on the wall.

HAHAHA!!!! Hell yeah he does. But he's smart though. He's gonna get a free ride on a CHAMPIONSHIP team. Go Skins!!!!!!!!!! Hopefully we'll be able to get a pass rush and maybe some Db's and we'll be ok.. Pierson' back too.

Archived