Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Office

terps'n'skins

250px-TheOffice_Karen.png

Go team Karen!

By the way, did ya'll know Karen Fillipelli is played by Rashida Jones who is Quincy Jones' daughter? Interesting little tidbit. She also appeared in the Chappelle Show in the "Love Contract" episode. :laugh: Kobe!!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rashida_Jones

"Girl I got something that will keep your flow mutha****ing TIZIGHT!!"

Ricky Gervais actually produces the American version now... check the credits. I watched the first episode of the British version.... 99% identical scripts and characters. I thought it was amusing as well... with a different edge (delivery) for sure. But I didn't enjoy it as much as the American version.

But Gervais and Correll are great in their roles... they have the same kind of humor... where they can appaul you one moment making you feel totally uncomfortable... and the next moment make you feel totally sorry for them. Great characters.

DH, yeah I know Gervais produces the American version which is pretty impressive that he can take the same show and make it work in the US.

Anyone that likes Gervais should check out his show on HBO, Extras. It takes a while to get into but it's hilarious.

blitzpackage..... its "Karen Camp"

"Karen Filippelli is a fictional character from the US television series The Office. She is played by Rashida Jones."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karen_Filippelli

"This is the first appearance of Stamford employee Andy, played by Ed Helms, and the first appearance of Rashida Jones' character. Although her name is not mentioned, the nameplate on her desk reads Karen Filippelli."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gay_Witch_Hunt

And her first appearance in Scranton, it shows her recording her voice mail message over and over saying Karen Filippelli in increasingly thicker Italian accents.

:whoknows:

nah, no spoilers... except that Pam is way hotter than Karen.

:hump:

I see what you guys are saying if you're making this a real-life situation. With woggles (work goggles) on, Pam would be pretty cute and definitely someone fun to flirt with. She's got a cool personality and is pretty easy on the eyes.

However, if you're simply comparing looks, Karen is much, much hotter.

To be fair, I've never really taken the time to look at either actress when they are all dolled up...so that might even it out some, who knows?

The UK version was sooo good that I couldn't appreciate the US version when it started so I dropped it. Maybe I should go back and give it another try? Ricky Gervais is head and shoulders over Steve Carell, though. Carell is a mimic. Gervais is the man!

the US version wasn't so great in the first few episodes, but it has really improved since then. i personally was excited about the show before it came out and was disappointed, but i gave it some time and they really turned it around.

• 6 months later...
The Office is back at a new time this Thursday at 9. 1 hour season premire..going to be good. Here's what the episode is about:

A freak accident causes Michael to feel the office is cursed. He explores the religious beliefs of his employees before deciding to hold a charity 5K fun run.

Man I can't freaking wait for this thursday...no classes friday so it's the perfect way to kickoff a weekend. :D

• 3 months later...

Archived