Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Office

terps'n'skins

As for the British version, I would say it's easily as funny as the American version if not funnier. Ricky Gervais pretty much invented the main character. Any fan of the American version should check out the British version.

Ricky Gervais actually produces the American version now... check the credits. I watched the first episode of the British version.... 99% identical scripts and characters. I thought it was amusing as well... with a different edge (delivery) for sure. But I didn't enjoy it as much as the American version.

But Gervais and Correll are great in their roles... they have the same kind of humor... where they can appaul you one moment making you feel totally uncomfortable... and the next moment make you feel totally sorry for them. Great characters.

of course Die Hard is gonna call anyone who doesnt agree with him gay, figures comming from a canadian. Obey or be called names. I dont know why you cant reveal your love for Pam.

And hey, just to make it easier to find the love(s) of your life... here they are (10 males and 1 female... I was pretty close) :) :

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0386676/fullcredits#cast

Michael Schur (7 episodes, 2005-2007)

Lee Eisenberg (6 episodes, 2005-2007)

Mindy Kaling (6 episodes, 2005-2007)

Gene Stupnitsky (6 episodes, 2005-2007)

Greg Daniels (6 episodes, 2005-2006)

Paul Lieberstein (5 episodes, 2005-2006)

B.J. Novak (5 episodes, 2005-2006)

Jennifer Celotta (4 episodes, 2005-2006)

Ricky Gervais (2 episodes, 2005-2006)

Stephen Merchant (2 episodes, 2005-2006)

Brent Forrester (2 episodes, 2006)

Best show on TV.

My personal favorite minor character is Creed, the maybe-homeless kleptomaniac old guy who has some of the best and oddest one-liners.

Example: After learning that previous boss of the office had been killed by decapitation...

Creed: You know, a human can survive for up to an hour after being decapitated.

Michael: I think you mean a chicken.

Creed: What did I say?

So deadpan, so utterly brilliant. I've also watched the british one, and its funny too. Its quite a bit darker, with more of a mean streak. The boss is equally despicable, but less pitiable. I haven't watched the new Ricky Gervais HBO (I think) show, but I bet its good...

You OK tonight wolf?

I mean your arguing over a fictional character being "hot or not." And in another thread you insulted my intelligence, which I decided against starting an arguement.

think about that. First wrestle with the fact of someone arguing if someone else is hot or not, clue identify what is included in that process and identify if it is ever universal meaning that you ever have a leg to stand on to determine if ones observation is wrong or right. Second, after realizing that think about the second thing you mentioned about me.

think about that. First wrestle with the fact of someone arguing if someone else is hot or not, clue identify what is included in that process and identify if it is ever universal meaning that you ever have a leg to stand on to determine if ones observation is wrong or right. Second, after realizing that think about the second thing you mentioned about me.

Rough day huh

Hey, btw, does anybody know where Ed Helms character went? Last I recall, he forced Dwight's hand and got him to resign... the next episode Michael gets him back and Helms' character hasn't been seen since. Did I miss something?

Pretty sure in tonight's episode, Karen said that one of the new workers is in anger management. They were talking about that Karen was the only one left and the rest quit or were fired.

Pretty sure in tonight's episode' date=' Karen said that one of the new workers is in anger management. They were talking about that Karen was the only one left and the rest quit or were fired.[/quote']

Yep, I caught that. Looks like the writers closed the big mystery. :)

The Office has good writers.... just ask Dreamingwolf.

Best show on TV.

My personal favorite minor character is Creed, the maybe-homeless kleptomaniac old guy who has some of the best and oddest one-liners.

Example: After learning that previous boss of the office had been killed by decapitation...

Creed: You know, a human can survive for up to an hour after being decapitated.

Michael: I think you mean a chicken.

Creed: What did I say?

So deadpan, so utterly brilliant. I've also watched the british one, and its funny too. Its quite a bit darker, with more of a mean streak. The boss is equally despicable, but less pitiable. I haven't watched the new Ricky Gervais HBO (I think) show, but I bet its good...

Or when he steals the gift from the charitable gift box :)

Jim: "Uh, I think you're actually supposed to put gifts IN the box"

Creed: "And a Merry Christmas to you" (pats on back)

Gotta love Creed. I also find Toby's character (HR) guy hilarious as well... how can you not feel sorry for the guy :laugh:

yep.. the office is a great show. Michael's character makes me cringe somtimes and can be a little too much at times but, Pam, Jim and Dwight make the show. Speaking of Pam- i think she's my fav gal character on TV since Elaine. Not counting Louise from family guy of course. the Office, Family Guy and Fraiser reruns are pretty much all i turn the TV on for these days since Football is over and MLB hasnt begun yet.

You didn't miss anything Die Hard. I've had this conversation with multiple people and no one can explain it. The show certainly hasn't addressed it in any of the plot lines. I hope he comes back soon, he's pretty funny.

Ed Helms character is in anger management for punching a hole in the wall in the office when Jim hid his cell phone in the ceiling and kept calling it.

EDIT - I see it was already answered above.

I'm glad you guys cleared up the question about Helms...that was bugging me too. I really wish they'd just leave him off the show. He's more of an a-hole than he is funny.

I'm rooting for Karen over Pam. I have no sympathy for some clueless chick who is so oblivious to her obvious attraction. Let her hook up with the HR guy. (Toby?)

But Gervais and Correll are great in their roles... they have the same kind of humor... where they can appaul you one moment making you feel totally uncomfortable... and the next moment make you feel totally sorry for them. Great characters.

Yeah, I watched a few of the original BBC episodes. In one of them Ricky Gervais is telling the secretary about how he had a "scare in the mens room" and started touching his balls. "Testicular cancer".

It was just one of those, "I can't believe he just said that..." moments. Definitely uncomfortable. :laugh:

Archived