Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gregg Williams must go?

robotfire

U serious? Why not include last year? We have the highest paid coaching staff. Ruins teams? Anyone who comes in and claims his system is what make plays is an over arrogant ass, his interviews are rediculous since he takes only credit if something goes well. I dont need a newsletter to see the defense sucks, I watch the games, in person as well as on tv. Body language speaks plenty. The players cant stand him. He comes and there is a decline in performance, WHO IS RESPONSIBLE??

"Not including last year" WHY THE F*** NOT??? HE GOT PAID DIDNT HE???

Wonderful. Interesting rant. And irrelevant, (though Jumbo's response is very relevant to you right now). You didn't answer my question really. What teams has he ruined and how. None of what you provided really proves that assertion.

Wonderful. Interesting rant. And irrelevant, (though Jumbo's response is very relevant to you right now). You didn't answer my question really. What teams has he ruined and how. None of what you provided really proves that assertion.

okay, answer my Question as to why not count last year.

Me posting he ruins teams is by what he is doing now. ANY D-Coach would have been capable to have success with the players we had. Im sorry you need an nfl stat book for reference but as Ive stated, WATCHING him, games, players interacing with him (body language) shows they could all care less to be here. How many threads/posts have people made mentioning the way S Taylor seems to not be trying as hard

SO WHY NOT COUNT THIS YEAR AGAIN? BECAUSE HE, HE! BROUGHT IN AA AND SCREWED HIM OVER? CAUSING MULTIPLE ISSUES OF "MEDIA LEAKS"!

So in your waste of a post you could have simply answered "simply for respect of the community" as another member asked a simple question you could just as easy gave a simple answer.

I see a I.P. ban coming.....:doh:

But if you actually look at the numbers, you see that his defenses get better the longer he is with them, outside of last year. Or did you completely miss that part?

Me posting he ruins teams is by what he is doing now. ANY D-Coach would have been capable to have success with the players we had. Im sorry you need an nfl stat book for reference but as Ive stated, WATCHING him, games, players interacing with him (body language) shows they could all care less to be here. How many threads/posts have people made mentioning the way S Taylor seems to not be trying as hard

SO WHY NOT COUNT THIS YEAR AGAIN? BECAUSE HE, HE! BROUGHT IN AA AND SCREWED HIM OVER? CAUSING MULTIPLE ISSUES OF "MEDIA LEAKS"!

I got bad news for you, we really dont have alot of talent on defense. And we are incredibly thin. We overpay for marginal players and dont keep the good cheap ones.

Gregg had an off year, I think there's no mistaking that. I don't think making a change is the answer, since what we need more then anything right now is cohesion and SYNERGY!

Hes been declining since he got here, but on the other hand I do agree to try keeping the players together.

I dont like any coach that takes credit for anything positive but no blame for negative and this is what he does.

Because one bad year doesn't mean ruining a team. Because of the other years that have already been documented in this thread already. And that leads to because last year hardly proves your point. Nor does you watching games. I watched them. Still do as a matter of fact. Nothing I saw says he's ruining anything. All this means is that coupled with the stats and what I saw in the games, is that our opinions differ and that you still can't provide really anything substantial to support your assertion.

I got bad news for you, we really dont have alot of talent on defense. And we are incredibly thin. We overpay for marginal players and dont keep the good cheap ones.

Another reason to get rid of WHO pushes the decisions or ideas for these actions. As well as the person making this a place the players dont want to be.

Although it seems he did lose control of the defense and he made some bad personel decisions last offseason, his overall success speaks for itself.

He has this season to turn it around, if not he is gone.

He will need to make changes however. He needs to realize not all of his guys are equally talented. Right now he has a Left side CB and a Right side CB and they match up against whatever receiver is on their side. When you have 2 great CBs, thatll work. ..but thats not what he has. He needs to match his best CB vs their best receiver, just like everyone else does now that he only has 1 CB who can cover, and may not even have that soon.

Because one bad year doesn't mean ruining a team. Because of the other years that have already been documented in this thread already. And that leads to because last year hardly proves your point. Nor does you watching games. I watched them. Still do as a matter of fact. Nothing I saw says he's ruining anything. All this means is that coupled with the stats and what I saw in the games, is that our opinions differ and that you still can't provide really anything substantial to support your assertion.

:laugh:

sure dude.

Ur an admin?

Well, I am a moderator, and as such, I am one of those you have described in a number of colorful ways in your signature :laugh: , though I never knew you existed until today. Don't talk like that in a post to other members or you'll invite banning.

So in your waste of a post you could have simply answered "simply for respect of the community" as another member asked a simple question you could just as easy gave a simple answer.

"Respect for the community" is not a bad thing. His response to you is perfectly normal and would be a common and logical one to your own post.

As per GW, his skills as a DC are still excellent, I believe, but his arrogant perspective may have cost us a more versatile and effective range of responses to the injuries and rotation choices made last year. Hopefull a little humility is now part of the package in rotation.

I am apalled!!!

One of the joy's of being LIFE-LONG Skins fan is that, until recent times, we were always a cut above the rest in the class and loyalty departments.

If you are a real Redskins fan, you know that it impossible to ask more of Greg Williams' defense than what was given every week for 60 minutes a game.

Springs, Salavea, Griffin, Marshall, Daniels. All out for extended times. Some w/ surgery. Do the math.

I am real fan! I will put my starting 11 up against any in the league.

Greg Williams is a Redskin. Bottom line.

p.s. Justice for Art!!!!:logo:

So for your first ever post, you have officially declared yourself the Greatest fan in the world and you will now judge everyone in here as "Real" fans or "fake" fans. :doh: We all know what the deal was with the defense. We all know about the injuries. And, hey, get this, we all actually saw the games on that little box known as the TV. Thank you, I was lost as a fan until you showed up.

Well, I am a moderator, and as such, I am one of those you have described in a number of colorful ways in your signature :laugh: , though I never knew you existed until today. Don't talk like that in a post to other members or you'll invite banning.

"Respect for the community" is not a bad thing. His response to you is perfectly normal and would be a common and logical one to your own post.

As per GW, his skills as a DC are still excellent, I believe, but his arrogant perspective may have cost us a more versatile and effective range of responses to the injuries and rotation choices made last year. Hopefull a little humility is now part of the package in rotation.

Noted, I apologize.

GW in MY OPPINION is ruining this team.

That's basically it. I'm a G. Williams supporter, but the first thing that jumped out at me with those stats was how many mediocre years the man had.

Actually, the first thing that jumped out at me was how he'd taken the defenses of three very bad teams and made them formidable within two or three years!

I'm not much for stats other than wins and losses, but he definitely shows a trend with his defenses.

I vote he stays. Everyone can lay an egg now and then.

He is so great he ruins teams... Any D Coach could have came in here and done something with the squad we had, HAD. G Williams needs to go. Must we get into why? If you have any questions, just watch the season over. He said it himself that the players are interchangeable. Well the players changed, the lousy system has proven to suck.

Washington (without GW as defensive coordinator):

2003 – 23rd in points allowed, 25th in yards allowed

Washington (with GW as defensive coordinator):

2004 – 5th in points allowed, 3rd in yards allowed

2005 – 9th in points allowed, 9th in yards allowed

2006 – 27th in points allowed, 31st in yards allowed

There were some nice glimmers of hope last year for the D (Carolina game) but overall last year was a terrible year for the D and GW but one cannot argue the overall stats. When he came here, the defense went from bottom feeders to top 10 his first two years. **** happens sometimes. We did have some key injuries and AA did not work out as hoped for last year. I am willing to give him a mulligan for last year. I think this past year may have humbled him some and it obviously exposed some defencies in players and playcaling that will get addressed in the offseason.

I am apalled!!!

One of the joy's of being LIFE-LONG Skins fan is that, until recent times, we were always a cut above the rest in the class and loyalty departments.

If you are a real Redskins fan, you know that it impossible to ask more of Greg Williams' defense than what was given every week for 60 minutes a game.

Springs, Salavea, Griffin, Marshall, Daniels. All out for extended times. Some w/ surgery. Do the math.

I am real fan! I will put my starting 11 up against any in the league.

Greg Williams is a Redskin. Bottom line.

p.s. Justice for Art!!!!:logo:

your defense of williams defense sucking is weak. He said himself anyone could play in his system and it would be still great. Obviously that wasnt true, see defense 2006

Are you talking about the our 25th ranked defense from 2003 that Gregg Williams inherited?

Im talking about the players that were here as well as the ones that arrived, especially Sean Taylor. We had a lot of players who worked well together, Ryan Clark and A Pierce were the major D players that left that I keep thinking about the most. Since Sep 11th Ive been kind of away from sports but check in whenever the opportunity presents itself.

His better years in his career werent exaclty against the best offenses either. I too though GW was a god then his opposing offenses were listed and it kind of brought him more down to earth.

Overblitzing with the same approach is his downfall, he advertises his Defense and the league basically pimps our team. His lack of timely adjustments in games is what screws us.

For the most part I do in fact believe all we need is a good pass rusher, we showed at times throughout the season that our players have the potential. Take the Colts 1st half and the entire Saints game. We shut them down. Then our D didnt make adjustments at the half and the Colts ate us up. People can refer to the Carolina game but Carolina's offense gave us the game, 2 poor passes, very poorly thrown were picked in which made a huge difference.

I dont feel CRogers is that bad, he is what he is. He doesnt make the call to repeatedly give a 7-10 yard cushion on EVERY receiver.

Actually, the first thing that jumped out at me was how he'd taken the defenses of three very bad teams and made them formidable within two or three years!

See! Just like I said, it depends if you're a glass half empty or full type of guy. I was in a half empty mood when I saw the stats and you were in a half-full mood. :cheers:

GW is a good to great defensive coach. I believe that. What I worry about is whether there was a mutiny last year and if they stopped listening to him or stopped trying. I can't believe coaches as successful as GW and Gray have been over the year would not have been telling Carlos that playing fifty yards off the line of scrimmage is a bad thing. I think it would be crazy to fire Gregg, but there is a part of me waiting/hoping to see the team rally around him and show signs of life and improvement.

Archived