Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sean Taylor

Robbnva

The same people who blast Sean Taylor for the 2007 season also think that Carlos Rogers is totally worthless. On both counts they are off base as both players were continually trying to plug holes on a defense that quite simply sprang leaks EVERYWHERE. Once (and if) we fill in talent on the D-line and the LB position(s)----no small task indeed---you will see the full potential of each of these guys.

(all we need to do is free up, like 30 mill to make it happen :( )

You wouldn't wanna see my 'highlite' reel of ST.

something like this... bad angle by ST on that play, ST will be benched for this game for disciplinary reasons, the receiver ran right by the secondary and ST on that play, unadvised 15 yard unsportsmanlike on that play by ST...etc, etc

All the Taylor lovers on this site ... and there seem to be multitudes of them ... are either in denial or are are suffering from a severe case of homeritis with complications of wishful thinking syndrome. Taylor has absolutely no instincts as an NFL db and lacks any degree of situational awareness enabling him to anticpate or diagnose the flow of action. He does not play under control and often makes dumb decsions leading to stupid penalties at crucial times. While he does land the occassional "big crowd pleasing hit" once in a while ... his flaws dramatically outweigh his attributes. But he is "good against the run" some say ... yet he often overruns the play and is out of position resulting in large chunks of yardage by the other team's rb. Net net: Taylor is responsible for giving up way too many big plays and TDs. He is a serious weakspot in an otherwise poor defense. The Skins should trade him ... if they can ... or if they want to improve.

Trade him...uh...yes. Good idea. You are absolutely right and scouts, coaches, other NFL players, Gregg Williams, etc are all wrong and he has no instincts as an NFL db. Who else should we trade, while we're at it? Cooley? He dropped some easy catches this year. Cut him. How about Carlos? Couldn't get those interceptions. Cut him. Carter? We pay all that for only 6 sacks? Cut him. Out of the whole group I'm betting if you asked the coaches they would point to ST as probably having the best instincts of anyone on the team. But what would they know? I'm sorry but I'm just having a hard time wrapping my mind around this post. Is it a joke? Do you realize how much Taylor was asked to do this year? Or, more likely, how much he took it upon himself to try and do to make up for other weak spots? Did he make mistakes? Sure. But he was one of the lone playmakers in a horrible horrible defense.

What exactly do you want him to do? Play the pass or the run? Our front 7 couldn't stop the run to save their lives, and our CBs were getting torched besides when Springs was actually healthy. He had to try and play both as well as he could but he could only do so much. People complained about him biting on play action sometimes. Well yeah, because, again, our front 7 couldn't stop the run at all. The fact that a FS had the most tackles on the team certainly attests to that. And how about all those times when he got "burned" in coverage? If you look at some of those plays from a different angle you'll noticed that many times he was coming from the other side of the freaking field to help out the CB in coverage. People whined about how he tried to tackle Tiki by the shoulder pads during one of his TD runs and claimed that was evidence that Taylor takes horrible angles. What they failed to notice was the fact that he had been blitzing from the other side of the line and came all the way back to help out in the play. He had to dive to even get close to Tiki and the shoulderpads were all he could get his hands on. I'll bet you that 9 out of 10 safeties in that situation wouldn't have even tried to do that. I realize that he had a down year but saying he has no football instincts and he is pretty much a terrible player is absolutely ridiculous. Even in his down year he was an alternate for the Pro Bowl and was thought by many to be a snub. But of course none of that matters because it is all just a facade. He has no talent. You should be an NFL scout.

By the way, who exactly would you like to replace him? Who do you think would come in and do better?

Taylor could be replaced by Reed Doughty or even Troy Vincent ... He has several years remianing on his contract ... he could easliy be traded ... perhaps to the Jets for a 6th round draft choice.

Traded for what? Cause you don't like him?

I can't even complain about the Skins' personnel moves anymore after reading this tomfoolery.

Worst.Idea.Ever.

Taylor could be replaced by Reed Doughty or even Troy Vincent ... He has several years remianing on his contract ... he could easliy be traded ... perhaps to the Jets for a 6th round draft choice.

Taylor could also be replaced by an 80-year old grandmother...utilizing your logic...

gfg...

Good idea. Doughty in, Taylor out. I hope Snyder reads this and hires you as GM. You seem to know what you're talking about.

Great video!

The one thing I noticed in the video that stood out was all of the talent that we HAD and let go for various reasons. We had some damn good players on that D, from Pierce to Arrington to Smoot, Clark and Washington! Those Defenses were truly bordering on great when you look back on them. And we slowly let all of them go, trying to replace them with inferior guys.

Something got to give!

And to all of those people complaining about Taylor's play last year, you have to understand that the reason you saw him around all of those busted plays was because of the amount of field the guy covers. He is truly amazing and I think you guys, and probably some of the coaching staff, take that for granted.

It would be a HUGE mistake to try and get rid of Taylor, really the only positive thing going for our 31st ranked D. He should be the centerpiece, but we have to build up the talent level around him. Stop paying out all of this money on the offense, and get some talent on the side of the ball that actually wins championships. The D!

I guess my idea of trading Taylor is not gaining any traction ... perhaps he can be converted to a possession-type wide receiver.

It alright man. None of these people understand the game quite like you do. I, for one, think you're a genius. If I were you, I'd go to Ashburn and apply for the GM job of the Redskins. Dan Snyder would have to be crazy not to take you!

Why is it that Taylor, with his third year in the system, gets a pass, yet AA, brand new to the system, playing on the same horrible defense that is used to excuse Taylor, gets beat up over his season???

Good point and a question I have raised all season long and up to this point yet have not recieved a decent answer. If you ask me both of these guys should have a pass for the season because

- the whole defense sucked this year

- Williams refuses to adjust his gameplan throughout the year

- Arch is playing under this system for the first time( and a failing system at that )

- Taylor is still an impact player when put in the right situation, as he has proved to be in the past

:2cents:

PS. Good luck on your quest for an answer to that question. If you ever get one, let me know. :silly:

Good point and a question I have raised all season long and up to this point yet have not recieved a decent answer. If you ask me both of these guys should have a pass for the season because

I also agree that Archuleta should get a pass this year. He was actually pretty good when in the box. He was the best tackler on the team and was rushing the QB. I think with the signing of someone like Nate Clements, our CB crew should be set and we could use Archuleta in the box, where he belongs.

If my memory serves me Aghar ... Taylor was also given a pass in 2005 ... but the magical mystery win streak of "6 in a row under Brunell" obscured all the criticism. In 2006 Taylor played to form ... lousy. His fans are so blinded by his physical talent and UM press ... they just can't acknowledge that he is a bust.

If my memory serves me Aghar ... Taylor was also given a pass in 2005 ... but the magical mystery win streak of "6 in a row under Brunell" obscured all the criticism. In 2006 Taylor played to form ... lousy. His fans are so blinded by his physical talent and UM press ... they just can't acknowledge that he is a bust.

If my memory serves, we only got into the playoffs and only won our first playoff game because of Taylor's playmaking ability and returning fumbles for TDs. Man, if you think Taylor is a bust who do you think isn't? Players and coaches alike around the league say he is a great player, but again, what do they know compared to you?

I always wonder if ST has ever seen these videos of himself?

Ah, I would bet yes, because most likely a family member or a friend tapes the games for him. Most players probably set their recorder themselves; it's part of the game and the continuos improvement. I know for one I've been giving him snap shots out of the post whenever I think it's something he likes. Yep, been doing it since 04. I think of all the pictures of him, the one he probably likes the best is the one from draft day when the Post had a shot of him, family and friends gathered in celebration of his #5 pick, 1st round.

Oh I've been a fan of Sean "The Magnificent" Taylor since Miami. Yep he can play RB too. He played it at Gulliver Prep. Actually he wanted to play RB starting out, but they thought he'd be better as a Safety. No I don't know him outside of Miami / Redskin football. But one thing I can say is that he know's who his real fans are. And he's fan friendly.

How? Well, he always gives us a sporty nod during pregame warm up and will occasionally blow his horn, at us after the game, or after an open practice, in saying thanks. Yeah, he cleared just over 4 million this year more like closer to 4.5. Here's a did you know: Sean Taylor was the youngest Safety in training camp in 06 to include rookies. Already filthy rich at only 23 and still has a solid 10yrs in the league, if not more.

More than him being fan friendly, I appreciate his attitude and feelings about the pro bowl. "Pro bowls? hey don't talk to me about pro bowls, talk to me about Super Bowls" Sean Taylor, Free Safety, Washington Redskins, 2005. I think that has to be my favorite quote. Why? Well Pro Bowls are nothing more than courting consensus, ask #60.

Ah, so now it comes out. St. Pete, Florida + jabs at UM = your real motive for disliking Taylor. What exactly did he do last season that was soooooo terrible?

Bust?

114 tackles (89 solo)

3 forced fumbles

7 passes defended

1 game changing return

Smoking that wack....got that Love Boat....

Sean Afghanistan loves you Sean! Sean "The Magnificent" Taylor you're world wide Sean you're world wiiiiide! The best Safety in the universe and hands down, too.

. . .

Everyone's opinion matters; not everyone should have an opinion.

Provide, I don't know, one piece of evidence to back that up. I'm thinking of maybe four or five game-winning plays that Taylor made. Say that for literally anyone else on the team.

ST shoulds kept the number 36, he played better and it just suits him better. He coulda made 36 a number to remember, like 56 is for linebackers, but 21 is just so generic

I don't think that a player's number matters at all, but Deion did make quite a name for 21. I can't realy think of anyone else with that number except for Smoot and Allen, and the latter wasn't even a DB.

Archived