Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sean Taylor

Robbnva

For those who have bashed Taylor after this season I saw this video on youtube. Remember The redskins as a team was bad and Sean Taylor is a beast like the title suggests.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57zydqUaoMs

Now if we can get some help this off season we can see more of this.

OH btw search wasn't working for me. said something about a fatal error.

Yeah, I think a fella on here made that video. The video is great the reality is that it does not include last season where ST, in fact, like rest of our D dropped to 31st in the leagure or something. That was a huge drop from what we were exposed to the two years previous to last year.

Here is a video from this season:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgNIK0Na6tc

Surprising how much footage there is when he didn't play all that well in coverage...

Seeing TO pull a Terry Glenn from last year...Priceless.

Taylor has evolved from being a ball hawk to being a Receiver Killer. While I love him to death, I'd like him to incorporate more interceptions into his stat column. He's much too talented athletically to not want the ball in his hands. In all honesty, I'd LOVE to see him on offense. He's a monster of a specimen.

One of Taylor's problems last year was that GW asked him to commit too much to stopping the run, and without decent help in the secondary he got killed on play action a lot. He'd step up on a PA fake and would immediately be out of position to defend a long pass. With corners who could barely cover anyone, our secondary got torched. Taylor himself was and is a freak of an athlete, but the defensive scheme killed him and everyone else last year (except for a few outstanding plays).

Is the offseason over yet? :laugh:

Oh wait, the season still isn't over! As bad as we sucked this year, I can't wait to see what kind of squad we roll out with next year.

Don't make the mistake in thinking we could go 16-0..:doh: like I did this year.

One of Taylor's problems last year was that GW asked him to commit too much to stopping the run, and without decent help in the secondary he got killed on play action a lot. He'd step up on a PA fake and would immediately be out of position to defend a long pass. With corners who could barely cover anyone, our secondary got torched. Taylor himself was and is a freak of an athlete, but the defensive scheme killed him and everyone else last year (except for a few outstanding plays).

Sorry, it's not the secondary's fault as much is it is the Dlines sorry ass excuse for a pass rush.

yup

he was forced to always be peaking in the backfield because the front 7 couldn't stop the run

All the Taylor lovers on this site ... and there seem to be multitudes of them ... are either in denial or are are suffering from a severe case of homeritis with complications of wishful thinking syndrome. Taylor has absolutely no instincts as an NFL db and lacks any degree of situational awareness enabling him to anticpate or diagnose the flow of action. He does not play under control and often makes dumb decsions leading to stupid penalties at crucial times. While he does land the occassional "big crowd pleasing hit" once in a while ... his flaws dramatically outweigh his attributes. But he is "good against the run" some say ... yet he often overruns the play and is out of position resulting in large chunks of yardage by the other team's rb. Net net: Taylor is responsible for giving up way too many big plays and TDs. He is a serious weakspot in an otherwise poor defense. The Skins should trade him ... if they can ... or if they want to improve.

For those who have bashed Taylor after this season I saw this video on youtube. Remember The redskins as a team was bad and Sean Taylor is a beast like the title suggests.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57zydqUaoMs

Now if we can get some help this off season we can see more of this.

OH btw search wasn't working for me. said something about a fatal error.

One question Rob... do you not think that someone can put together a tape of Taylor blowing just as many plays as he makes?

I love the way the guy hits but he can be just as big a liabilty, at times, as he is an asset.

All the Taylor lovers on this site ... and there seem to be multitudes of them ... are either in denial or are are suffering from a severe case of homeritis with complications of wishful thinking syndrome. Taylor has absolutely no instincts as an NFL db and lacks any degree of situational awareness enabling him to anticpate or diagnose the flow of action. He does not play under control and often makes dumb decsions leading to stupid penalties at crucial times. While he does land the occassional "big crowd pleasing hit" once in a while ... his flaws dramatically outweigh his attributes. But he is "good against the run" some say ... yet he often overruns the play and is out of position resulting in large chunks of yardage by the other team's rb. Net net: Taylor is responsible for giving up way too many big plays and TDs. He is a serious weakspot in an otherwise poor defense. The Skins should trade him ... if they can ... or if they want to improve.

Trade him for who? What? Ya'll act like this is the NBA...trades just aren't feasible the majority of the time. We had Archuleta, Rumph, Wright, Rogers (who didn't play up to his potential either)...and Taylor's the weak spot??? Teams knew the 2nd half of the season all they had to do was account for Taylor, and their RB could break runs.

Ed Reed looks great in the secondary because he isn't asked to come up and play the run. He was 20 yards off the ball versus good QBs. He also had a legitimate pass rush from the front seven. B. Dawkins is allowed to roam and play off his instincts. Giving Taylor deep responsibility 90% of the game doesn't allow him to do what he does best.

You know Holdman played 'under' control the whole season...:doh:

Archived