Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2000 Redskins - Greatest CB Line-up In NFL History?

radagast5

]']As great as the ravens are' date=' I've heard bad thigns about Rolle. From what I've heard, he gets the benefit of the doubt by working alongside McAalister and Reed. Same thing with Demps. He rocked there, and blew in NY.[/quote']

you've heard bad things???

If you watch the games you might get a better understanding. If anybody is overrated on that D it is Mcallister who is the one.

Are you sure about that? A while back he came on Cold Pizza and said that he gave up only 1 TD pass that year.

Yeah I remember that too, he said that him and Champ only gave up 1 td all year long. Deion gets way too much hate on this board.

But yes that could be the greatest cb line up in nfl history.

-those 3 could easily be argued as 3 of the top 5 cbs in NFL history.

-everyone needs to save all the Champ hate as well.

Are you sure about that? A while back he came on Cold Pizza and said that he gave up only 1 TD pass that year.

Deion wasn't in his prime, but a lot (as in most) Redskin fans fail to remember accurately what Deion did that year. Sanders had an absolutely horrid game vs. Detroit in the second or third game of the year. He was just abused again and again and again by Johnny Morton. Nothing real long, but just one first down after the other, plus a TD. After the game, Deion called himself out, said he'd outright sucked and that it wasn't going to happen again.

He was lights out for the next seven games, not allowing more than one catch per game in any of the contests.

While none of the HOF trifecta---Green, Sanders, or Bailey---was at the top of their respective games, they were all still considerable talents, and the Redskin defense that year was about 25 slots better than the previous campaign.

You mean the guy who is going to the pro bowl this year?

Jeeze get over it already ... it was a possition that we thought could be upgraded just like Walts two other teams that let him go ...they must have been as dumb as us for letting an all pro like Harris slip away...

who were those teams?

the Colts and the Bears ...Hmmmm

Dion "Turf Toe" Sanders??? He was well beyond used up before he got here. What did he have 2 maybe 3 tackles all year? (thats total speculation) That season just about killed me between the 1992 all star team that Snyder assembled, firing Norv before the season despite the .500 record was over and oh yeah Dion's comment about how great a coach "Robeski" was. They would have gone to the playoffs again if he didn't get in there and play fantasy football.

Actually, the best CB tadem I ever saw in burgundy and gold was in 1997, when we had Green and Cris Dishman. The rest of the team was mediocre, but both of them went to the pro-bowl that year. How often do two CBs from the same team make the pro-bowl in the same year? Even more amazing was that Green was 37 and Dishman was 32.

The one highlite of an otherwise agonizing year.

Yeah, he was pretty awesome when he played for us... maybe I should have said, "worst CB in REDSKINS history.." that would be more suiting.

:helmet:

This past season alone featured at least two CBs who played worse than Walt Harris did with the Skins. Funny how everyone forgets that big tackle he made in the first Dallas Game of '05 to effectively end the game, following Taylor's big stick of Crayton.

Yeah, I'd forgotten about that, probably because Dishman had such a precipitous collapse the next year. But he was a shutdown guy in 97.

My mind has gone uncharacteristically blank here - who was the CB opposite Green who led the league in INTs but got snubbed from the Pro-Bowl? He got a pick in the SB as well.

Actually, the best CB tadem I ever saw in burgundy and gold was in 1997, when we had Green and Cris Dishman. The rest of the team was mediocre, but both of them went to the pro-bowl that year. How often do two CBs from the same team make the pro-bowl in the same year? Even more amazing was that Green was 37 and Dishman was 32.

The one highlite of an otherwise agonizing year.

Beat me to it. Green, even at the end of his career, was great, and Dishman came in and locked down his side of the field. I forget, how long was he here for?

Though just the names Green, Bailey, Deion sounds like a pretty good secondary. All 3 are HOFers.

Beat me to it. Green, even at the end of his career, was great, and Dishman came in and locked down his side of the field. I forget, how long was he here for?

Though just the names Green, Bailey, Deion sounds like a pretty good secondary. All 3 are HOFers.

Dishman was here for two years. He gets unfairly chastized for his 1998 season (his second and last with the Redskins). To be sure, he started off just awful, but over the course of the last half of the season had rebounded nicely, just part of a squad that went 6-3 over the last 9 weeks of the season.

The one lasting memory I have of Dishman is that he was able to clutch and grab (and get away with it) at Michael Irvin even more than Irvin typically did to opposing CBs. The "Hey ref, this guy is ripping my jersey off over here. Why can't I get a flag" looks of apoplexy on Irvin's face were just priceless. What goes around comes around, I guess.

Yeah, I'd forgotten about that, probably because Dishman had such a precipitous collapse the next year. But he was a shutdown guy in 97.

My mind has gone uncharacteristically blank here - who was the CB opposite Green who led the league in INTs but got snubbed from the Pro-Bowl? He got a pick in the SB as well.

Dishman was nice.

His final year coincided with the heavy enforcement of the 5 yard rule thus the physical bump and run types like him who could not adapt to new rules were gone.

and of course I'm told by MRS ND about her Raiduhs best corners who shut us down in the superbowl with the help of stickem

and of course I'm told by MRS ND about her Raiduhs best corners who shut us down in the superbowl with the help of stickem

Amen, ND. Under today's rules there supposedly would have been 18 penalties alone on the Raiduhs secondary. Art Monk was never so molested in his life as he was that day.

Archived