Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Reggie Nelson, I'd rather take Brandon Merriweather from the U!

RedskinWill

And this is what I know:

1. Portis' date=' Moss, Taylor, and McIntosh all seem to be really close.

2. Miami guys in general are exceptionally close. They all work out together in the off-season. They are always on the sidelines at the school. They never shut up about the U frankly.

3. Portis seems to be the leader of them.

4. As Portis' mood goes, so seems to go the mood of the team.

5. Portis does not seem to be happy these days. (See any of his Sportstalk 980 interviews).

6. The Miami guys have already fired a few shots across Gibbs' bow during his time here - off-season workouts chief among them.

[/quote']

1. Ill give you that, I guess there is something wrong with liking your teammates. Moss is also spending a lot of time with Campbell. Cooley gets along with all of them. Taylor used to like Clark a lot.

2. It may almost be better if these guys are working out on their own in Miami. I know it is important for players to be at the offseason workouts, but I almost feel some players do better when they train on their own.

3/4/5. Portis was the leader of this team in the past, and still probably is. His mood does appear to affect the team, sure. But don't tell me the o-line was depressed when pushing hard for Betts down the stretch. They were probably the ones most down due to Portis going out.

6. Portis has taken some shots, yes, but Gibbs has also stated that in the past, Portis was always talking to him while on vacation. Gibbs even joked how he felt he was on vacation cause Portis was doing soo much for the team in his advice. I have not heard any shots from Moss or Rocky. Taylor has not said anything bad about the team, he's shown stupidity though for sure. The OTA's, again, some players feel its better to practice on their own. It is only Taylor who missed some time at them before the 2005 season. Moss came as soon as he got a contract, and it did not look like he missed one beat.

I am not saying you are completely wrong, there is potential for The U guys to go off. However, I would be more afraid of Ray Lewis and Ed Reed were our other U guys. They talk.

There must be something in the water down there or something but you can not deny that guys from the U are some of the most athletic and gifted guys in the league. Its amazing how much talent comes from the U.

It's the state of Florida that produces sick athletes. And I think one of the main reasons is outdoor winter track.

On another note, Miami sucked this year.

I will say this: If we can get Lamar Thomas in the broadcast booth with Sam Huff, I would wet my pants.

Are the Cowboys going to win? Hell 2 da naw!

He has a lot of character issues with coaches, also involved in the fight this year where he was swinging his helmet and hitting players with it. 1st round talent, easy. Character issues push him to mid 2nd, to early 3rd in my opinion.

'Noles or Gators fan, huh? He wasn't swinging the helmet in the incident and I'd like to know where you're getting the issues with coaches. He was a team captain and they don't give that title to players that have issues with the coaching staff. Sheesh!!! :rolleyes:

We have too many players from the "U" already. I already think that they are the biggest danger in the locker room; I don't want to give them any more power.

I guess Ray Lewis or Ed Reed wouldn't tackle CP, Edge, Frank Gore, or Willis McGahee, right? The "U" boys are so tight! Come on, get serious!!!

Yes, players from the "U" have a brotherhood similar to a fraternity of sorts. All it does is help chemistry and team spirit. The example that's been brought up that they work together in the off-season is not a good point either...it known that the players work harder in South FL and that's why teams don't really object to it.

The power stuff is a bit far fetched...some other programs might have it that the inmates run the asylum, but that will never happen at Redskins Park with all those coaches.

Next thing we won't be allowed to have too many athletes who drive 4x4's or sports cars because they might get too much power. :rolleyes:

I guess Ray Lewis or Ed Reed wouldn't tackle CP, Edge, Frank Gore, or Willis McGahee, right? The "U" boys are so tight! Come on, get serious!!!

Yes, players from the "U" have a brotherhood similar to a fraternity of sorts. All it does is help chemistry and team spirit. The example that's been brought up that they work together in the off-season is not a good point either...it known that the players work harder in South FL and that's why teams don't really object to it.

The power stuff is a bit far fetched...some other programs might have it that the inmates run the asylum, but that will never happen at Redskins Park with all those coaches.

Next thing we won't be allowed to have too many athletes who drive 4x4's or sports cars because they might get too much power. :rolleyes:

Ok...you are responding to a bunch of things that I did not say, but if I did say anything about Ray Lewis not tackling people or 4x4s, that would be a great response.

From what i have seen he looks like a good player, i dont think hes as polished as Nelson, but hes from the U, so that meens somthing.

IT means he has loads of talent, and tons of attitude. I've heard he's a great player, but he' got character issues. We have a guy like that on our team already I don't want another one. I'd rather have Laron Landry.

Ok...you are responding to a bunch of things that I did not say' date=' but if I did say anything about Ray Lewis not tackling people or 4x4s, that would be a great response.[/quote']

Just bringing to light that saying too many U players having control is like saying too many 4x4 drivers. Both are plain crazy!

Just bringing to light that saying too many U players having control is like saying too many 4x4 drivers. Both are plain crazy!

Not really. I don't think any clique should have control of the team.

To be honest, over the last three years, the offensive line has been the mouthiest, most disagreeable unit on the team. But I do think that the Miami guys are a group to be concerned with.

lets add more, players from the U are for for real if you haven't noticed. and it sounds cool on sunday night football when half our team is from the U

I'll take my chances with other teams, and personally hearing that sticks in my crawl. Sorry, really not a University of Miami fan.

The U gets a bad rap cause of that incident. And honestly, Merriweather sent return fire after someone shot his teammate, who subsequently died. I'm not sure what the causes were or whatever, but I'm sure many of you gun owners would fire back if someone just shot a friend of yours.

I think there is more to that story, as in gang related issues and whatnot, but point remains the same, you fire back or get killed yourself, especially when someone next to you just did. People act as if most NFL players don't have guns. Most grew up on the streets, I'd be surprised if they didn't have a gun.

Another thing, look at all the locker room/off field problems in the NFL for the last decade even. How many were U players, aside from Ray Lewis and Sean Taylor? Reggie Wayne, Andre Johnson, Jon Vilma, DJ Williams, Ed Reed, Vernon Carey, Vince Wilfork, Santana Moss, Clinton Portis, Edgerrin James, Willis McGahee, Frank Gore, Rocky McIntosh, by some peoples logic, I swear they think all these players are the worst of the worst in the NFL and are going to prison soon.

If we trade down Laron Landry and Reggie Nelson would probably be gone by the time we use the second pick we had acquired. Id take him, he may be small for a strong safety, but GW doesnt really have any ranking for his safetys. Who knows though, werent they calling Ed Reed too small for the strong safety position also?

No (that was Redick) he was the one stomping on a man that was already down, in a freaking football game... Ala Albert Haynesworth. Not to mention the shooting incident; where he pulled out his gat and popped 3 caps. Legal or not it seems rather unusual that a college athlete would have to carry a weapon at a friends house.

Your right, Redick was the one swinging his helmet in that brawl. But if you go back and read about the shooting incident, you will find out that someone was SHOOTING AT THEM FIRST. That's when that Miami player was shot. I don't remember his name but it wasn't Pata who was later killed in November I believe. If you were from the same section of Miami that he's from, you would carry a gun too.

The U gets a bad rap cause of that incident. And honestly, Merriweather sent return fire after someone shot his teammate, who subsequently died. I'm not sure what the causes were or whatever, but I'm sure many of you gun owners would fire back if someone just shot a friend of yours.

Merriweather returned fire after Willie Cooper was shot, Cooper didn't die he was able to play toward the end of the season. the death of Bryan Pata was in no way related to that incident. And as has been stated like it or not he was well within the law by doing so.

Merriweather returned fire after Willie Cooper was shot, Cooper didn't die he was able to play toward the end of the season. the death of Bryan Pata was in no way related to that incident. And as has been stated like it or not he was well within the law by doing so.

Amen! Thank you for telling those who are clueless and making false statements. It seems that haters like to put negative spin on everything and try to back up their wrapped point of view. Watch someone will still post after saying they think he swung the helmet or shot at someone (as the aggressor). :doh:

Archived