Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pro Football Weekly -- Redskins "incompetent"

Skinsinparadise

It certainly seems that way recently. How many years has the mini-tron been outdated at FedEx? The Danny keeps jacking up prices, yet we're still stuck with an antiquated screen during games, and can't watch replays as they happen. :doh:

But, if they increase the size of the jumbotron, where will the Bank of America and Sprint ads go?

At the prices they charge, you'd think there would be some type of competency in the front office so we can avoid such personnel debacles like Archuleta, Lloyd and Duckett. They want to take short-cuts and not do the research and hard work it takes to put together a competent team.

I think the "We're just around the corner of an NFL Championship" clouded their common sense with HAVING to get these players. I mean come on, TJ was no better than Rock last year. It was knee jerk. And anyone in the organization who felt we were "Just around the corner" should have KNOWN BETTER (even if we couldn't foresee the downfall of the defense) with that one element that stood in the way... Mark Brunell. But, like you said... there's a big waiting list so, business as usual... la di da, la di da.

How they ask? simple

they asked a coach that was out of the nfl for 14 years to come in and do something he was not very good at 14 years ago his first time around, evaluate talent and players. To help him they have the owner of the team that has ZERO experience in NFL personel decisions to help him out, and on top of that the skins have to have the most loyal/delusional fan base in the NFL that keeps paying increasing ticket prices year after disapointing year. Thats how.

Hate to INFORM you that: DAN SNYDER DOES NOT get involved in "personnel matters" - other than "signing the checks"!!! Blame ANY / ALL such foibles on GIBBS, WILLIAMS, & CERRATO!!! :doh: :mad: :(

I couldn't agree more with the quote included in that original post. And any fan, owner, player, party-with-half-a-financial-brain can recognize the ineptitude of life under the Snyder regime: all hot air, inflated prices and a continually devalued fan experience. Only in the nation's capital could they cram in so many people to see such a sorry spectacle. I'm on the other side of the country and if I still lived in the DC area I would NEVER drop down money to see this team play. As long as Snyder is in power my wallet stays closed and my mouth wide open (to berate him of course).

Jesus.

Who the **** cares how much money is tied up where.

Its all monopoly money.

EVERY year we get whom we want.

We have NEVER faced cap hell.

Your point is what again ?

O, i forgot, you dont need a point, you just need some ignorant statement to jump on to make yourself feel better. Nothing like putting someone or something down to boost your ego. Lame.

We get who we want, but where is the depth?

I'm not a bandwagon fan. One look at the cubicle in my office, the clothes in my closet and anyone who knows me will tell you that. But, I have to wonder if it's really worth pumping money into an organization that jacks up prices for mediocre -- at best -- football, cares more about making money than improving the on-field product and can't do more to offer a fun game-day experience. I shouldn't have to worry about flying bottles and people entering the stadium armed with knives.
:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Can we please get more posters on this board who can call out this owner at this point? I can forgive the younger fans in that they haven't known anything else but the "current model" but any older fan worth his salt should be ASHAMED of what Snyder's done to this once proud team. Watching all those old Super Bowl wins on ESPN this year makes me smile but also reminds me how much this organization has changed and none of it for the better. Just my :2cents:

How they ask? simple

they asked a coach that was out of the nfl for 14 years to come in and do something he was not very good at 14 years ago his first time around, evaluate talent and players. To help him they have the owner of the team that has ZERO experience in NFL personel decisions to help him out, and on top of that the skins have to have the most loyal/delusional fan base in the NFL that keeps paying increasing ticket prices year after disapointing year. Thats how.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

I feel bad for the season ticket holders. Man, some of the stories about the ushers telling you to sit down and shut up, to the wave and to the horror stories of other fans in the stands, actually makes me glad I spend my money on Sunday Ticket instead of an actual ticket.

It's a shame that these things go on, yet the Redskins own this site, they can hear what the average fan is saying in here, yet they do nothing about it. Shame.

I say again, I'm a season ticket holder (my dad is anyway) with no horror stories to tell.

Haha, yeah, I guess Monopoly is a good analogy for this. Boardwalk and Parkplace always sounds like a good idea at the time, but the winners of the game are invariably the ones who have depth along the yellow-red-orange area.

The winners are also never those who eagerly pay top dollar for average places like St. James Place and Connecticut Ave.

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Can we please get more posters on this board who can call out this owner at this point? I can forgive the younger fans in that they haven't known anything else but the "current model" but any older fan worth his salt should be ASHAMED of what Snyder's done to this once proud team. Watching all those old Super Bowl wins on ESPN this year makes me smile but also reminds me how much this organization has changed and none of it for the better. Just my :2cents:

And sometimes I wonder if the organization really does care about winning or if it's in it just for the money.

Guest Rafterman
in this issue of Pro Football Weekly in their audibles section where they quote coaches, front office people and scouts on the condition of anoymity -- one bit about the Skins -- though the statement is far from shocking:

"Washington has $20 million in guaranteed roster bonuses hitting the cap with the bad class of free agents they signed last year...-and there is nothing they can do about it. How can you be that incompetent."

Great question, I wish I had the answer. :(

No depth= No success, it's as simple as that.

Archuletta and Lloyd were clearly busts. Archuletta will be gone next year and Lloyd will get a second shot. I'm going to wait another season before I pass judgement on Randle-el and Carter. Carter came on strong at the end of the season, if he carries that performance into next season than I think he'll make up for his early shortcomings. Both Lloyd and Randle-El (and Moss for that matter) suffered from dismal performances from Brunell and then from a rookie QB who hadn't had a chance to find a rythym with his WR's. Both may perform much better after a full offseason with Campbell coupled with familiarity with Saunder's offense.

The difference between the $20mm in the original quote and the $10mm calculated by someone else is due in part (I believe) to the expected release of Archuletta which would acclerate his impact into this season.

"Washington has $20 million in guaranteed roster bonuses hitting the cap with the bad class of free agents they signed last year...-and there is nothing they can do about it. How can you be that incompetent."

I think the point of this quote is that $20 million of our cap this year is going towards guaranteed roster bonuses. The sentence is poorly worded so that it appears the speaker is blaming it on last offseason's acquisitions, when it really applies to the entire team.

I'm still trying to figure out that whole argument about making money despite putting out a lousy product. I would assume that home playoff games and Super Bowl victories bring in a lot more money than winning just enough to keep some of your fan base. I also assume that if your goal is to make money, you want to make as much as possible and therefore want a winning team. (Whether or not you know how to do that asside)

Archived