Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pro Football Weekly -- Redskins "incompetent"

Skinsinparadise

I strongly disagree that our FA class was a bust. I think that the team as a whole played well below expectations and I am sorry to say that would have happened with or without the offseaseon signings in '06. I'll go you one better. I think our FA class improved our team, marginally maybe, but we were still better off with them thanb without them. I've seen a lot of posts slamming our FA's from last year. Here is my take on our FA's...

Andre Carter, While he didn't play up to my expectations he still led the team in sacks and led the entire D-Line in tackles. If you ask me that means he preformed better than the guys we had, therefore he made us better.

Randle El added a dimension to our offense that we did not have last year. He had 3 TD's and 32 REC's last year Patten, Thrash, and Jacobs combined for 0 TD's and only 47 REC's. Another case where the FA played better than the guys we had last year.

Brandon Lloyd again did not have anywhere near the season I thought he would have, but I saw him all open all season and the ball would be thown to a double covered Santana or Cooley. How many times did you see Lloyd have to make an acrobatic catch on the sideline when he was wide open. And I don't want to hear that he dropped a TD on Campbell's first pass in TB. I have that game recorded and I watched it over and over. Ronde Barber stripped Lloyds arm just as the ball got there, it was simply a great play by Barber. Lloyd still finished the season with 23 REC's and a 15.9 YPC. That is also better than Patten, Thrash, and Jacobs last year.

Archuleta was brought here to pressure the QB and support the run from the SS position. After injuries to Springs and Prioleau, he was forced to play to his weekness. With that said he still made 60 tackles, 2 for a loss and 1 sack while only playing a little over a half the season. Ryan Clark had 59 tackles none for a loss and 1/2 sack playing an entire season. Clark did have 3 INT's but again he played the entire season. My point is that Archuleta did not play any where near as bad as people think.

I believe that the 06 FA class will fare much better in 07 if given the opportunity to play to there strenghts.

When you look at the $$$ that was shelled out compared to the production the Skins got from those players....plain out pathetic. You can't disagree with that! I'm not saying that a few of those players won't become solid players...but..C'mon. I am talking cost/benefit. Once again the Skins paid way too much for average talent. Did any of those players make the probowl? Wouldn't you agree that speding like that should net at least one guy going to Hawaii?

I thought we settled the whole bandwagon thing late in the season. The general concensus after months of bitter arguing was that if you are spending time on a Redskins forum on a daily basis, you clearly are not a bandwagon fan. I beleive this becomes even more true when you are still hanging around after a 5-11 season still months away from any major offseason events.

actually, he has stated a NUMBER of reasons why over the past few months why he isn't insterested in renewing his season tickets. Get off your high horse.

Which he reiterates on a daily basis in any thread that has anything bad said about the Skins. Not that there's anything wrong with that, he's entitled to his opinion.

I always avoid the bandwagon/non bandwagon discussions because they're useless. We're all fans. We're all allowed to love/hate our teams. You are no more or less a fan than I am, and vice/versa

If stwasm declines to renew his season tickets, the only effect is has on me is that I'm one step higher on the list.... :)

Cheer up everyone, only 228 days until Opening day!

The truly sad part about this is that PFW has the nerve to call someone incompetent.
What do you mean? I thought that the thread said that it was a section where they take quotes from coaches, people from front offices and scouts.

Also, are you disagreeing with what whoever it was said?

You guys are mixing up Pro Football Weekly with Pro Football Talk.

You want to make fun of PFT? They have a rumor mill...so go right ahead.

Making fun of PFW is just off base. They do a fine job.

And they happen to be right, in this case. There is no way of looking at the production of the FA class of 2006 and say they were good moves. If the cap hit is 20 mil or 10 mil. Still, it's bad management. End of story.

I thought we settled the whole bandwagon thing late in the season. The general concensus after months of bitter arguing was that if you are spending time on a Redskins forum on a daily basis, you clearly are not a bandwagon fan. I beleive this becomes even more true when you are still hanging around after a 5-11 season still months away from any major offseason events.

The man is on agenda like the redskins are losing on purpose.

If he wants to give up tickets its fine. I would not pay all that money either. But sheesh.

I hope you bandwagon fans do not comeback next year when the redskins are good.
I am. You decide not to?

I'm not a bandwagon fan. One look at the cubicle in my office, the clothes in my closet and anyone who knows me will tell you that. But, I have to wonder if it's really worth pumping money into an organization that jacks up prices for mediocre -- at best -- football, cares more about making money than improving the on-field product and can't do more to offer a fun game-day experience. I shouldn't have to worry about flying bottles and people entering the stadium armed with knives.

I'm not a bandwagon fan. One look at the cubicle in my office, the clothes in my closet and anyone who knows me will tell you that. But, I have to wonder if it's really worth pumping money into an organization that jacks up prices for mediocre -- at best -- football, cares more about making money than improving the on-field product and can't do more to offer a fun game-day experience. I shouldn't have to worry about flying bottles and people entering the stadium armed with knives.

The prices for the Redskins are close to every team in the NFL.

The whole world is jacking up prices. School, food , game systems

Its america.

stwasm is hardcore - he's been to more DC area sporting events this past year than you have in your entire life, probably.

Thank you, JRock! I knew you had my back! I'll always love the Redskins, but I think Danny loves my money more than my dedication.

Once you blow your cash on houses and hotels on Atlantic Ave., you've got less to put in more important squares like Boardwalk and Park Place.

Haha...actually I think Snyder probably mortgaged his entire cash stack and properties to buy/build on Boardwalk and Park Place when playing monopoly like Deion B.Smith, Archuleta and Lloyd only for people to roll right around them when they visit his part of the country. Scott Peoli and Ozzie Newsome probably always owned the railroads and bought every property they landed on. :laugh:

The prices for the Redskins are close to every team in the NFL.

The whole world is jacking up prices. School, food , game systems

Its america.

You miss my point. They're jacking up prices, but not offering a product worthy of the prices. The game-day experience is featuring more in the way of fighting and drunkenness. I heard the story about the guy who accidently left his pocket-knife in his pocket and security missed it. For those prices, they should be able to guarantee my safety on the property and do a better job of policing the stands. The game-day experience also features ushers telling people to sit down and stop cheering. We're paying in the thousands for that?

Pro Football Weekly is right for a change.

How dare you call doubters "bandwagon fans?" How dare you. We have earned the right to question this team's performance and direction, because we know that "Redskins Football" defines something that the current team is not.

You call us "bandwagon fans," fans who grew up through the glory years, came to expect success out of this great franchise, and yet have stood by the team for the last 14 years of hell?

I call you an ******* for stepping out of your place.

:applause: :applause: :applause: :cheers: And some of us "doubters" grew up before the Glory Days (though the Allen days weren't that bad either). I think you'd be a fool not to question what this team does and the direction it's going (it seems to change every year).

Questioning your favorite team is an indication of your passion for the team. Accepting losing is an indication that you really don't care.

I refuse to accept losing and will question until we win.

Hail,

H

You've come this far, don't give up now. You've obviously invested a lot more then money. We all have. They are going to get this thing turned around. I wish I could afford tickets. I'd love them to win, but seeing Gibbs again, and watching Taylor hit people, Clinton's vision, I want to see Moss juke someone and then see him turn on the jets in person. I envy you. I also agree with a lot you said. But it's still football.

I go to at least three games a year at FedEx and I've yet to see any of the things people complain about other than pockets of quiet subdued fans and the occasional obnoxious drunk wearing the wrong colors. I will give you your point about security though, they worry more about my hat than my pockets for whatever reason.

Archived