Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pro Football Weekly -- Redskins "incompetent"

Skinsinparadise

in this issue of Pro Football Weekly in their audibles section where they quote coaches, front office people and scouts on the condition of anoymity -- one bit about the Skins -- though the statement is far from shocking:

"Washington has $20 million in guaranteed roster bonuses hitting the cap with the bad class of free agents they signed last year...-and there is nothing they can do about it. How can you be that incompetent."

How they ask? simple

they asked a coach that was out of the nfl for 14 years to come in and do something he was not very good at 14 years ago his first time around, evaluate talent and players. To help him they have the owner of the team that has ZERO experience in NFL personel decisions to help him out, and on top of that the skins have to have the most loyal/delusional fan base in the NFL that keeps paying increasing ticket prices year after disapointing year. Thats how.

The truly sad part about this is that PFW has the nerve to call someone incompetent.

Yeah. Since when do they have their stuff together enough to be able to make a statement like that? I seem to remember some of the same stories running from year to year with only the date changed. No basis in fact. First to report rumors with no substantiation as though they were true. Classless rag.

Pro Football Weekly is right for a change.

I hope you bandwagon fans do not comeback next year when the redskins are good.

How dare you call doubters "bandwagon fans?" How dare you. We have earned the right to question this team's performance and direction, because we know that "Redskins Football" defines something that the current team is not.

You call us "bandwagon fans," fans who grew up through the glory years, came to expect success out of this great franchise, and yet have stood by the team for the last 14 years of hell?

I call you an ******* for stepping out of your place.

Jesus.

Who the **** cares how much money is tied up where.

Its all monopoly money.

EVERY year we get whom we want.

We have NEVER faced cap hell.

Your point is what again ?

O, i forgot, you dont need a point, you just need some ignorant statement to jump on to make yourself feel better. Nothing like putting someone or something down to boost your ego. Lame.

Jesus.

Who the **** cares how much money is tied up where.

Its all monopoly money.

EVERY year we get whom we want.

We have NEVER faced cap hell.

Your point is what again ?

O, i forgot, you dont need a point, you just need some ignorant statement to jump on to make yourself feel better. Nothing like putting someone or something down to boost your ego. Lame.

What are you talking about? It's a true statement that we blew a lot of money last year on a bunch of underperforming free agents. You can't disagree with that.

Based on this little snippet -- I haven't read the article, but the gist of this snippet is pretty clear -- I think the point here is that there is incompetence somewhere that caused a lapse in judgement.

It might be Monopoly money, but like Monopoly, you only have a set amount to play with. Once you blow your cash on houses and hotels on Atlantic Ave., you've got less to put in more important squares like Boardwalk and Park Place.

Pro Football Weekly is right for a change.

How dare you call doubters "bandwagon fans?" How dare you. We have earned the right to question this team's performance and direction, because we know that "Redskins Football" defines something that the current team is not.

You call us "bandwagon fans," fans who grew up through the glory years, came to expect success out of this great franchise, and yet have stood by the team for the last 14 years of hell?

I call you an ******* for stepping out of your place.

I agree with you 100%.

"Washington has $20 million in guaranteed roster bonuses hitting the cap with the bad class of free agents they signed last year...-and there is nothing they can do about it. How can you be that incompetent."

See, but this isn't right. They're making it sound like theres a $20 million cap hit this year, but that's just wrong.

Unless these players are released (Which they won't be until they count on the 08 cap), the cap hits for 2007 are as follows:

Archuletta: 2.428

Carter: 2.262

Collins: 1.475

Fauria: 1.095

Randle-El: 1.595

I don't have info on Lloyd's cap #, but I'm sure its around the same range as Randle-El's. For the sake of argument, we'll say that it's 2 million.

For those six guys, it's a cap hit of 10.855 million next year, not 20.

Does the front office need to change the way they do business? Maybe. But this article is factually incorrect.

Isn't 20/20 hindsight a wonderful ability to have!!! It allows someone to always throw rocks at the building, but they never want the challenge themselves at having to build it.

:helmet: :logo:

Nobody had the ability to build the building (using your metaphor) except for Snyder. Year in and Year out he's tried the same strategy.

The results have been more bad than good.

How they ask? simple

they asked a coach that was out of the nfl for 14 years to come in and do something he was not very good at 14 years ago his first time around, evaluate talent and players. To help him they have the owner of the team that has ZERO experience in NFL personel decisions to help him out, and on top of that the skins have to have the most loyal/delusional fan base in the NFL that keeps paying increasing ticket prices year after disapointing year. Thats how.

Wow. Gortiz nailed this one.

The fact is this....look at that group of players...and tell me who deserves the 10 mill signing bonuses. NONE OF THEM!!! This is disturbing when you look at what we pay for tickets & parking and the performance we get in return. We do deserve a FO who recognizes the way to build a program that will be good for years to come.

Archived