Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

This team is on the verge of something; greatness or a total meltdown?

grampi

For some reason I don't think we'll see the same team next year however, it's tough to gauge which direction this team is going.

I think it's safe to say we've got the QB we need. There's no question JC is good, and he's got the potential to be great. I also feel like the rest of offense is getting better as well,but there's still some room for improvement. The one area that's absolutely killing this team is the defense. As long as they continue to allow 30+ points a game, the team will continue to have a higher number in the "L" column than in the "W" column.

Considering it's almost impossible for this defense to get any worse (it's already one the worst, if not THE worst in the league, I foresee some changes being made to beef up this sorry D.

This offense, with even a mediocre defense would be good for at least 12-4, considering how weak the NFC has become.

I don't know what to think anymore about this team. The only thing I do know is that this team needs a competent GM. Cerratto should be shown the door as soon as possible. I am also beginning to think that it was the worst thing ever when Daniel Snyder bought this team. We haven't been the same since JKC passed away. We have no stability at the top, thus the results on the field.

I think our team is going to struggle next year. We don't have many draft picks, and by replacing the real "core" guys such as Ryan Clarke, Fred Smoot, Lavar and Antonio Pierce (i know i am going back a few years) with unhappy/unproducing FAs such as AA and B. Lloyd have damaged the franchise internally. We tinkered with a good 10-6 team, and now we are 5-11. Why don't we ever learn our lesson?

For some reason I don't think we'll see the same team next year however, it's tough to gauge which direction this team is going.

This team is teetering on the brink. You've got all the talent you need -- it was there this year -- but the locker room is in disarray, there are too many coaches with too many different ideas, the front office is a league joke, and the players know they're disposable.

What this team needs is not another free agent, coach, scheme, or draft pick -- it's a heart transplant.

I think it's safe to say we've got the QB we need. There's no question JC is good, and he's got the potential to be great. I also feel like the rest of offense is getting better as well,but there's still some room for improvement. The one area that's absolutely killing this team is the defense. As long as they continue to allow 30+ points a game, the team will continue to have a higher number in the "L" column than in the "W" column.

Considering it's almost impossible for this defense to get any worse (it's already one the worst, if not THE worst in the league, I foresee some changes being made to beef up this sorry D.

This offense, with even a mediocre defense would be good for at least 12-4, considering how weak the NFC has become.

You mean the offense that couldn't muster a TD in three divisional road games? You mean the offense that, between the home Dallas game and the Rams game, couldn't break the 20 point mark?

Yes, I know that we couldn't expect too much from Jason in his first few starts, and the D was definitely to blame for the last 2 games, but I get sick of hearing the blame solely laid at the D's feet. I hope we see the same playcalling next season that we saw the last 4 games......but thinking scoring 30 per game is going to be the norm might be wishful thinking.....after all, Brunell even put up 30 in consecutive games this year, but where did it get us in the end.

I'll take the safe road and predict 8-8 for next season.

You mean the offense that couldn't muster a TD in three divisional road games? You mean the offense that, between the home Dallas game and the Rams game, couldn't break the 20 point mark? etc.

Well if the D could come up with a turnover now and then maybe the offense could do some more with those chances...... I don't think anyone should be trying to put a positive light on this, the defense reeked.

How long will it take before we see the Skins field a whole team?

How about a great meltdown!:doh:

eh...mark it up as another bad year...to be followed by a great one that will have us all convinced everything has been fixed, only to be followed by another disappointing year...and so on and so on.

Fed-Ex thru a SKINS fans eyes!

Roller_coaster.jpg

:logo:

I think our team is going to struggle next year. We don't have many draft picks, and by replacing the real "core" guys such as Ryan Clarke, Fred Smoot, Lavar and Antonio Pierce (i know i am going back a few years) with unhappy/unproducing FAs such as AA and B. Lloyd have damaged the franchise internally. We tinkered with a good 10-6 team, and now we are 5-11. Why don't we ever learn our lesson?

real core guys like Smoot don't leave over a half million bucks. (Peanuts in NFL cash)

real Core guys like Pierce don't either. but both of them did.

Oh, and rwal core guys like Arrington don't drag the team into court over 7 million dollars that his agents are trying to swindle from the team. A case that they invented and dragged out.. so if you want to wonder who ran Lavar out of town, thank his agents, the glorious Poston brothers...who are now banned from representing NFL players as a result of that very case.

But hey, if that's how you judge your friends, by all means. "Core guys".

Our team was entering this season with the same noodle armed Mark Brunell... what,, we didn't see that coming? Oh, right,, we didn't,, we figured we'd just be able to snap our fingers and suddenly he'd be able to throw it more than 10 yards. Behind him we had a young project QB.

basically, if you look at it offensively, a letdown was inevitable.

The defense sliding from one of the best to one of the worst in one offseason was unexpected.

~Bang

This team will get our hopes up in the offseason. Greg Williams will talk about how the defense will be back to form like it was in 04 and 05. We will draft a great player with the #6 pick and he will impress us all off season with his work ethic and will sign a contract and report to camp on time. We will see Campbell progress. We will sign lots of free agents and everyone will claim that we rock.

Then we will implode and suck just like last year.

This team will get our hopes up in the offseason. Greg Williams will talk about how the defense will be back to form like it was in 04 and 05. We will draft a great player with the #6 pick and he will impress us all off season with his work ethic and will sign a contract and report to camp on time. We will see Campbell progress. We will sign lots of free agents and everyone will claim that we rock.

Then we will implode and suck just like last year.

You're a big bowl of sunshine today.

the release of a troublemaker like Brandon Lloyd would be a good first start in Gibbs showing that the **** he put up with in 2006 won't be repeated in 2007.

this team was one of the most penalized in the league this past season and too many players like Lloyd as well as Sean Taylor took ill-timed and often quite stupid penalties that cost the team.

Lloyd simply refused to apologize or recognize that he did anything wrong.

I don't think Taylor is stupid enough to pull that with Gibbs. With Taylor, I think his emotions get the better of him on the field as a result of losing.

With Lloyd, it is solely an ego trip, a cry for attention.

We don't need that on the team.

Think just for a moment how completely hamstrung this organization is regards both draft picks and salary cap room. What a laugh. If we don't have any injuries or any player or coach dissension I think it's probably fair that we could go 8-8. Don't delude yourself or part with any of your money over this team.

I think we all need to re-evaluate this team and honestly look at what we are working with here. This team stinks, i know you are all getting mad at this, but just face it next year will probably be our final rebuilding year before we start to dominate again like we did in the late 80s and early 90s. Please stop getting so excited and look at this from a realistic perspective. We do have a lot, i mean a lot of talent, but with saunders system just coming into the team this year, i dont expect the team to become completely comfortable with it until 2008-2009 season. And when that time comes, watch out cus we are gonna get you.

:cheers:

You know what...I like this.

No one will give the Skins a shot in Hell next year...

I like it. Bring it on....JC and Suisham are the keys to this team...

Stability at the QB and kicker position equals success...and we NEVER have it.

Now we do.

:applause:

Exactly, which is why I predict a reversal of fortune next season. An 11-5 record.

This team is close, all we need is a solid middle linebacker to replace an aging and undersized Marshall, a reliable cornerback who could replace the injury prone Springs, and either Branch or Adams to replace one of our aging defensive linemen.

We are in alot better position than people like to think.

I agree over the past few weeks I've seen this offense getting better and better. I think we are indeed on the brink of Greatness. The defense I believe will vastly improve over the off season as well.Carlos Rogers is already said he will be working on his game with The Darrell Green and Deion Sanders those are two excellent mentors. Ken Harvey has offered numerous times to work with Andre Carter in the off season as well.

Santana is kidnapping Jason Campbell. Campbell will also spend time with Cooley,ARE,B.Lloyd.I bet training camp will be ALOT different this year;).

HTTR:helmet:

I agree over the past few weeks I've seen this offense getting better and better. I think we are indeed on the brink of Greatness. The defense I believe will vastly improve over the off season as well.Carlos Rogers is already said he will be working on his game with The Darrell Green and Deion Sanders those are two excellent mentors. Ken Harvey has offered numerous times to work with Andre Carter in the off season as well.

Santana is kidnapping Jason Campbell. Campbell will also spend time with Cooley,ARE,B.Lloyd.I bet training camp will be ALOT different this year;).

I agree that Campbell's offseason activity with the receivers is pivotal to the offense's success next season.

HTTR:helmet:

Someone touched on this earlier in the thread, but the real problem is Snyder. His impatience and greed lead to all these "big time" free agent signings that are usually busts (Deion Sanders, Adam Archuleta, Brandon Lloyd, etc). If Snyder and company developed the virtue of patience, then I think this team could be great by making smart picks in the draft. Cooley, Campbell, Samuels, Jansen, and I'll reluctantly add Betts where smart picks. If we have all our draft picks rather than trading them away like it seems we do every year in exchange for a FA, this team would be great no doubt in my mind. The coaching staff is filled with a lot of smart guys, and I'm sure they would put those draft picks to good use. However I think how I feel about Snyder can best be summed up by an individual who called into Snyder on some radio show. This guy basically told Danny boy, "Please sell the team. You are the curse. Thanks."

Humble is good. Maybe they'll come together as a team and get hungry for some wins. After this year, they look like a bunch of fools.

I tend to be overly optimistic. I think we'll be fine. The offense is coming along and JC is a bright spot. Funny how you don't hear anyone talking about him, his poise and presence on the field. Defense definitely needs help, but I think they'll fill a few holes and rebound.

The media will totally ignore us, and that is a good thing. I don't mind being a sleeper.

Archived