Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I LOVE J. Campbell

sugewhite94

I would have really liked to see him come back tonite for the win. He failed at game winning drives in the division with th Eagles at Washington and tonite at home. I don't like that. He is playing fantastic and I am very very hopeful we have the first franchise QB in the last decade with JC but that is really born in that final minute comeback drive. Would have liked to have seem him pull that off.

Still not 100% sold. He looks good, but the 0 for 4 drive really soured me on him. When the game was there, he choked. He could have made a name for himself tonight, and instead just had a good second half.

Choked? we were a half second away from getting that 4th down, but the giants defender barely got a hand on it..Could have been totally different.

Still not 100% sold. He looks good, but the 0 for 4 drive really soured me on him. When the game was there, he choked. He could have made a name for himself tonight, and instead just had a good second half in another loss.

Keep positive. :D That drive was ugly, but I think part of that was play-calling (... why Patten?) and part of it was just being young. We're not saying he's John Elway, but he has promise.

Keep positive. :D That drive was ugly, but I think part of that was play-calling (... why Patten?) and part of it was just being young. We're not saying he's John Elway, but he has promise.

I'm optimistic, it's just that when the game was there to be won, it wasn't. Catching up is one thing, taking the lead when the game is on the line is another, and I would have liked to see him do that tonight.

And yes, the playcalling was sketchy.

He has looked good so far. I'm not ready to annoint him as the next great thing, but he looks to be at least serviceable. I expect him to continue to improve. I do not see him as a player that can carry the team, but he has potential and certainly appears to be good enough to win with. The QB position is not a problem on this team now.

I said it in another thread, he needs to work on his short throws - bigtime. That 1st and 10 pass on the final series is just one example of many. He tends to put those short passes in the dirt, particularly when throwing to the right. I'll bet he's well below 50% on them this season. We tend to 'poo poo' the significance of that, but its likely 1 out of every 3 or 4 of those completions could turn into a big play. Giving up a down because you can't deliver the ball really hurts over the course of a game.

Overall, its hard not to like what you see. He's very poised, makes good decisions regarding when to pull it down and use his feet, and is a great athlete. He's really shown some nice accuracy on intermediate balls, especially on crossing routes, and while he's made some good long throws, he's greatly benefitted from Santana's ability to adjust to imperfectly thrown balls.

I'll be very curious to see how he develops with an entire offseason as 'the guy' with the coaching staff under his belt. He is clearly waiting to long to make decisions at times, something I'd expect to see drastically improve with more time with our WR's. I really like him - the best news is that he seems to have some of the stuff you really can't teach (calmness under fire, poise, athleticism, and toughness).

Archived