Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WCP: Snyder runs away with Unsportsman of the Year honors

E-Dog Night

http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/display.php?id=347&navCenterTop

Pretty damning article.

ES gets a mention.

(In case you're not from DC, the Washington City Paper is a weekly local free paper that is pretty well respected - think Village Voice of DC.)

- - -

Oh, Danny Boy

Snyder runs away with Unsportsman of the Year honors.

By Dave McKenna

There’s an old urban myth about those Playboy polls of wild college campuses. It’s a tale of how Fill-in-the-Blank University would have finished atop a ranking of party schools, but the magazine declined to include this particular student body: It wouldn’t be fair to mix professionals with amateurs.

Again, this never happened. But for years now, that myth has come to mind at Unsportsman of the Year time.

It just seems unfair to have Dan Snyder in the mix. For anybody who’s followed his Redskins tenure, when it comes to any unsportsmanship contest, Snyder is Secretariat in the Belmont or Lance Armstrong in the Pyrenees.

His like won’t be seen again. So while we’ve got him, let’s honor him: Dan Snyder, Unsportsman of the Year for 2006.

Click on link aboce for rest of article

Does anyone have $800 million to run this man out of town. Although I'm sure this article is not deluded as with the other articles concerning this franchise, do you think Dan Snyder cares? The man has made a fortune off the gullibility of every fan and quite frankly I do not see changing at anyone's disposal.

The next article will just be a waste of valuable time!

:logo:

Snyder even canceled an announced interview with Extremeskins.com, the fan Web site that he owns, for reasons that were never disclosed. It’s a shame that interview never took place, given some of the questions proposed to the owner by Extremeskins members. Take, for example, the suggested query of one CowboyzBSuckaz: “Mr. Snyder, with the state of the Redskins cheerleaders being extremely Sexy, do you ever just want to take one, lay them on your Bentley, and rail them?”

Fans have a right to know.

Hilarious. The article was a wonderful tribute to the King of All Telemarketers, Danny Snyder. You richly deserve this award, Danny boy! We're all proud of you!

Uh, this would be the same guy who donated half a mil to Katrina victims, and has let his own players on occasion use his private jet to take care of family emergencies. Blah blah blah....

You're actually arguing that Danny is a great humanitarian? Now that's funny!

“I used the Redskins because they’re the most frightening example of a team that hadn’t thought through the simple economics of pro football,” says Hassett. “The problems of running a pro football team are right out of the textbooks: With the salary cap, everybody’s got the same amount of money to spend, so let’s see what you’re going to do with your money. The big signing is counter to the economics of pro football. Over time, he’s spending the same amount of money as everybody else, but he’s spending it irrationally. I think they’re years away from correcting the mistakes they’ve made.”

Damn!!... :(

So we should forget about the time he flew a player's entire family to the funeral, after the player was already cut from the Redskins? I think it was Rashaud Bauman.

Hilarious. Do you think the few, paltry things that Snyder has done well outweigh the hundreds of terrible things he's done to this team?

He lets a player borrow his jet, and you'll overlook the fact that he's threatened players and run them out of town? You'll overlook the fact that he's turned a once-proud team into a league laughingstock?

Dan Snyder is all about marketing. You can bet he didn't miss a chance to let the media know that he loaned out his jet.

OK, Season ticket holders are there a lot of empty seats on game day? as this suggest

"As the season went into the dumper and no-showing became epidemic, fans began complaining on that site about the volume of the artificial crowd noise being pumped through the FedExField public-address system on game days."

and are they pumping crowd noise? seems to me other teams would be protesting the pumping of crowd noise.

OK, Season ticket holders are there a lot of empty seats on game day? as this suggest

"As the season went into the dumper and no-showing became epidemic, fans began complaining on that site about the volume of the artificial crowd noise being pumped through the FedExField public-address system on game days."

and are they pumping crowd noise? seems to me other teams would be protesting the pumping of crowd noise.

I think they overstated the no-shows a bit - wouldn't call it "epidemic" - but the difference between the opener & the Jacksonville game and some of the games in November...big dropoff.

I can't say about the crowd noise. I'm pretty sure that's not allowed by league rules.

Official game attendance has still been well over 80,000 late in the season, but the numbers have declined, especially for the three most recent games as the Skins playoff hopes were basically shot. I looked at the upper deck for one of the games (can't recall whether it was Atlanta or Philly) and the amount of empties was very noticeable.

As for artificial crowd noise, I don't know whether its been enough to warrant complaints from other teams, but it has been noticed as having taken place by at least several members of this forum. I recall a game earlier in the season and hearing noise which very much sounded like it was being pumped in instead of naturally occurring. Embarrassing.

Hilarious. Do you think the few, paltry things that Snyder has done well outweigh the hundreds of terrible things he's done to this team?

He lets a player borrow his jet, and you'll overlook the fact that he's threatened players and run them out of town? You'll overlook the fact that he's turned a once-proud team into a league laughingstock?

Dan Snyder is all about marketing. You can bet he didn't miss a chance to let the media know that he loaned out his jet.

This once proud frachise was a laughingstock way before Mr. S took over.

I would like to say that the article surprised me, but it didn't. I can appreciate Snyder's aggressiveness as an owner/businessman, but this articles just proves what some of us have been saying all along.

He knows how to divert his attention away from his obvious greed. Yeah, he spends alot of money on this team, but at the expense of who? The fans, that's who and please don't tell me about how charitable he is. Yeah, he donated to the Katrina disaster only to turn around and selfishly profit from it buy allowing his parking lot to be used as a "staging area" instead of perhaps using it for the people who sorely needed it, the victims.

I can't say about the crowd noise. I'm pretty sure that's not allowed by league rules.

Fake crowd noise has absolutely been pumped into Fed Ex field this season. I was sitting near a speaker in the upper deck when it happened against Atlanta. It's completely legal, as long as it's only used between plays and not during live action -- which makes it embarrassingly obvious.

Refer to this thread for more info about the canned crowd noise.

Official game attendance has still been well over 80,000 late in the season, but the numbers have declined, especially for the three most recent games as the Skins playoff hopes were basically shot. I looked at the upper deck for one of the games (can't recall whether it was Atlanta or Philly) and the amount of empties was very noticeable.

As for artificial crowd noise, I don't know whether its been enough to warrant complaints from other teams, but it has been noticed as having taken place by at least several members of this forum. I recall a game earlier in the season and hearing noise which very much sounded like it was being pumped in instead of naturally occurring. Embarrassing.

I think they overstated the no-shows a bit - wouldn't call it "epidemic" - but the difference between the opener & the Jacksonville game and some of the games in November...big dropoff.

Thank you Guys,

I was hoping that part was overstated, I also hope most of the rest of the article is exaggerated too, but this is the only part of the story that could be verified on ES IMO.

Fake crowd noise has absolutely been pumped into Fed Ex field this season. I was sitting near a speaker in the upper deck when it happened against Atlanta. It's completely legal, as long as it's only used between plays and not during live action -- which makes it embarrassingly obvious.

Missed that thread, thanks.............sad :(

By putting absolutely in bold, I take it that The Dude is sure about this? I also take it that The Dude does not abide by canned crowd noise?

Archived