Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WCP: Snyder runs away with Unsportsman of the Year honors

E-Dog Night

Just goes to show how ****ing petty this town is. Had this team been a winner in last years ilk, City Paper would have been praising him up and down, saying how great he was to lure Gibbs out of retirement and bring a winner back to Washington.

No one was ****ing about Snyder this time last year. Remember? Or does everyone have a short memory only when it convieniences them?

I don't know, but if we had won, Synder would have looked great. Last year, we were praising him for staying out of Gibbs' way and not forcing his hand when Brunell was playing bad. I am not going to judge Synder on the person he is sitting on the outside looking in, but I can say with assurance, he has tried his best to put a good team together. Now trying your best and getting results can be to different cases. But lets not bash him for trying...

I don't know, but if we had won, Synder would have looked great. Last year, we were praising him for staying out of Gibbs' way and not forcing his hand when Brunell was playing bad. I am not going to judge Synder on the person he is sitting on the outside looking in, but I can say with assurance, he has tried his best to put a good team together. Now trying your best and getting results can be to different cases. But lets not bash him for trying...

Everybody knows he has tried to improve this team by throwing loot at the team and I'll always commend him for bringing Gibbs back. But, the bottom line is he isn't losing any sleep over that money he is spending because he reaps returns by hiking prices across the board.

Believe me, I used to be a Snyder apologist, but I've come to the realization that he could give a rat's arse about the "real fans" and the fact that more and more people can't afford to continue to pay for their season tix or sell them in order to remain the holder is evident enough.

Does anyone have $800 million to run this man out of town. Although I'm sure this article is not deluded as with the other articles concerning this franchise, do you think Dan Snyder cares? The man has made a fortune off the gullibility of every fan and quite frankly I do not see changing at anyone's disposal.

The next article will just be a waste of valuable time!

:logo:

Redskins Frnchise is worth more than 800 million. I believe that is the value of the cowboys. We are over the billion dollar mark. I would be willing to bet you could not bid less than 1.5 billion to buy him out of his ownership.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

At the idiot media and hater fans constant focus on snyder......

When they write these articles they are only only doing the exact thing they accuse him of and thats marketing him and his product.....

To bring gibbs out of retirement and make a complete 360 from how he handleed things in his first years hear...say alot about his will to win....

The fact that he will eat millions of dead money every year just so his coaches can get what they want says even more...

All the talk about signing new players for Marketing the team is BS....dont you know that skins fans will be at the stadium packed every year because they are " true " skins fans....Only the fairweather thrill seekers base their atendance on how well the media thinks we will do......

The hate is pointless because the guy is never gonna sell the team so get over it...

Here is a few quotes from the article that i think were left out...:silly::laugh::laugh:

Jealousy is the great exaggerator.

~Johann Christoph Friedrich von Schiller

Love looks through a telescope; envy, through a microscope.

~Josh Billings

Envy is the art of counting the other fellow's blessings instead of your own. ~Harold Coffin

I've spent most of my life walking under that hovering cloud, jealousy, whose acid raindrops blurred my vision and burned holes in my heart. ~Astrid Alauda

:point2sky:point2sky:point2sky

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

At the idiot media and hater fans constant focus on snyder......

When they write these articles they are only only doing the exact thing they accuse him of and thats marketing him and his product.....

To bring gibbs out of retirement and make a complete 360 from how he handleed things in his first years hear...say alot about his will to win....

The fact that he will eat millions of dead money every year just so his coaches can get what they want says even more...

All the talk about signing new players for Marketing the team is BS....dont you know that skins fans will be at the stadium packed every year because they are " true " skins fans....Only the fairweather thrill seekers base their atendance on how well the media thinks we will do......

The hate is pointless because the guy is never gonna sell the team so get over it...

Here is a few quotes from the article that i think were left out...:silly::laugh::laugh:

Jealousy is the great exaggerator.

~Johann Christoph Friedrich von Schiller

Love looks through a telescope; envy, through a microscope.

~Josh Billings

Envy is the art of counting the other fellow's blessings instead of your own. ~Harold Coffin

I've spent most of my life walking under that hovering cloud, jealousy, whose acid raindrops blurred my vision and burned holes in my heart. ~Astrid Alauda

:point2sky:point2sky:point2sky

So, does that mean he is a legitimate owner! this man burns cash only to accumulate more thanks to us and his other business ventures- point blank! BTW, what has he done to Six Flags recently?

But those recycled peanuts still cause concern.

Indeed. Who wants to eat dead airline peanuts from the past?

See, Snyder has a thing about peanuts. Ever notice that there are no peanuts in the shell for sale at FedEx? There used to be. Then Danny realized that he could pay the cleaning crews less money if they didn't have take the time to clean up peanut shells. Apparently those pesky shells created a more labor-intensive cleanup than other trash left at the stadium, so... ***poof***...there they went.

I bet he saved, what, maybe a thousand bucks a game by doing that? Just another, albeit minor, decision based on no other consideration than pure bottom line (rather than what the fans might enjoy). God forbod that the loyal fans actually have a positive experience in return for their $3,000+ season tickets. Just petty, petty, petty.

And for the record, the writers of the article did not appear to envious of Mr. Snyder. I'd say the writing had more of a disgusted tone to it.

Redskins Frnchise is worth more than 800 million. I believe that is the value of the cowboys. We are over the billion dollar mark. I would be willing to bet you could not bid less than 1.5 billion to buy him out of his ownership.

If it is believed to be in the billions, then a portion of those millions were to the expense of the fans IMO!

Indeed. Who wants to eat dead airline peanuts from the past?

See, Snyder has a thing about peanuts. Ever notice that there are no peanuts in the shell for sale at FedEx? There used to be. Then Danny realized that he could pay the cleaning crews less money if they didn't have take the time to clean up peanut shells. Apparently those pesky shells created a more labor-intensive cleanup than other trash left at the stadium, so... ***poof***...there they went.

I bet he saved, what, maybe a thousand bucks a game by doing that? Just another, albeit minor, decision based on no other consideration than pure bottom line (rather than what the fans might enjoy). God forbod that the loyal fans actually have a positive experience in return for their $3,000+ season tickets. Just petty, petty, petty.

And for the record, the writers of the article did not appear to envious of Mr. Snyder. I'd say the writing had more of a disgusted tone to it.

Btw thanks for the link on this. Yeah, there are of course much worse things in the article, but the sheer money grubbing extreme of the peanut story is kind of like a window into the Dan Man's soul. Jeez.

I've been a Snyder apologist for most of his time as our owner, but boy this article appears to be extremely well researched and it certainly does not paint a pretty picture of Dan Snyder.

I do tend to agree that if the Skins were winning we wouldn't see this kind of article but that still doesn't make it any less shocking and quite frankly disgusting to read about the buisness practices of Snyder's companies.

LOL that somebody is complaining that Snyder took away his peanuts.... and by doing so, he is ruining the fan experience. Who knew that it was all about the peanuts?

The irony of peanuts being slang for a small amount of money should be noted here. What's really LOL funny is Danny's apparent obsession with how to save financial peanuts via crafty real peanut distribution.

I don't particularly care for peanuts. I mean, if they're offered, sure, I'll take a handful, especially the honey roasted kind. But I'm not complaining about my lack of peanut choices at FedEx Field. Like the previous peanut poster pointed out; there are worse things that the Danny does, but it's the little things like this that say so much about a person.

The whole Six Flags thing and how it's bleeding red ink. I believe that Danny only wanted Six Flags for all of that real estate near the big cities. Several hundred acres in Largo, just off of the Beltway will make a nice place for his new palace, or a nice leverage chip when or if he wants the land at RFK.

The whole Six Flags thing and how it's bleeding red ink. I believe that Danny only wanted Six Flags for all of that real estate near the big cities. Several hundred acres in Largo, just off of the Beltway will make a nice place for his new palace, or a nice leverage chip when or if he wants the land at RFK.

Bingo! And it's only a matter of time before the FedEx site is turned into a mall and office complex.

Nice Read. Although, the ES comment just paints us as idiots IMO. That's the best he could come up with? The author sounds like a bit of a hater, and goes on to say that the one interview Snyder agreed to do painted him as "Ghandi", yet the author of this article hardly mentions anything charitable/positive about Snyder. Is he that self-centered or money-driven? Maybe, but honestly I could care less about his ass and more about what Gibbs is going to do to "right the ship"-to use a bad cliche'. As I understand it, Snyder basically threw his arms up in the air and with humility said, "here, I can't do this...you (Gibbs) are the man for the job and I believe that you can get this team/organization on the right track..." Am I wrong? I don't think so. So, no matter what Snyder does with regard to his endeavor, I trust that Gibbs will figure this thing out. No one in their right mind should have expected that he turn this mess of an org. around in 3 years. I'd venture to say that it won't show signs of being repaired and on the right track until the end of next year. Just my :2cents:

Thanks for the link

HTTR

Archived