Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins Pro Bowlers are... Samuels (Merged)

Dirk Diggler

You shouldn't have samuels in. You guys had a horrible year and your star guys got hurt. Be glad samuels got in when he didn't even deserve it.

just because we got a losing record doesn't mean players aren't fighting their guts out and don't deserve to be recognized

congrats to Samuels

I guess you haven't noticed our dominant running game or the small number of sacks our line has given up?

I think this is the year that puts me over the edge with the Pro Bowl. It's such a popularity contest it makes me sick. When guys like Roy Williams...beneficiaries of tipped balls and a SERIOUS over-hype make the probowl, but a guy like ST who leads the entire NFC is db tackles, has 3 forced fumbles and a pick do not, it makes me want to stop watching it all together.

He has better stats than Torry Holt.

Has anyone been force fed the ball more? Has anyone seen more passes?

He leads the league in drops.

He half asses it blocking.

He tips the defense off when it's a run by his body language before the snap.

And he's just kinda sorta maybe a....dare I say...a player who has the most negative intangibles in the history of the league.

Yea I agree, he would have made it last year if he did not get hurt. oh well so much for the hype-bowl.

Maybe, however he got hurt during week 15 last year and I think most of the votes are tallied by then...

Either way, he has been great since coming over to the Redskins.

I think he and Washington are due for a Pro Bowl appearance.

Has anyone been force fed the ball more? Has anyone seen more passes?

He leads the league in drops.

He half asses it blocking.

He tips the defense off when it's a run by his body language before the snap.

And he's just kinda sorta maybe a....dare I say...a player who has the most negative intangibles in the history of the league.

Stats don't lie my friend. If Moss had those #'s and got left out for a guy with lesser #'s youd have a little grudge.

why is that disgusting? He's having a good year. being a jerk does not elimate you from pro-bowl contention. He's more deserving than cooley is. As is Crumpler.

How is he more deserving than Cooley? Cooley's done it with a new QB for almost half the year, has just 20 less yards with only 40 some catches, 10 more 20+ yard plays and blocks WAY better than Shockey. As stated before, hype-bowl.

why is that disgusting? He's having a good year. being a jerk does not elimate you from pro-bowl contention. He's more deserving than cooley is. As is Crumpler.

It's disgusting for the exact reason you said. I never said he didn't deserve it, or that Cooley did. Just that I think he's a piss-poor sport that doesn't deserve that kind of recognition.

How is he more deserving than Cooley? Cooley's done it with a new QB for almost half the year, has just 20 less yards with only 40 some catches, 10 more 20+ yard plays and blocks WAY better than Shockey. As stated before, hype-bowl.

Perhaps if cooley hadn't dropped so many passes this year he'd be in the pro-bowl. :whoknows:

It's disgusting for the exact reason you said. I never said he didn't deserve it, or that Cooley did. Just that I think he's a piss-poor sport that doesn't deserve that kind of recognition.

Exactly. ST doesn't make the probowl for that EXACT reason. The only difference is ST doesn't disrupt the team AT ALL. So yes, it is disgusting.

Wow! Samuels imo does not deserve to be there. Him, Jansen and Rabach have all played sub par this year. I would think that Thomas would be more deserving. Dockery has been doing okay, but not great.
Everyone is so critical of Samuels but he has been very solid on an underachieving offense. You can't expect any player to be perfect all the time - just look at Sunday's game. Jason Campbell's blind side was well protected all day even though Pro Bowler Will Smith was lining up in front of Samuels. Meanwhile, Andre Carter beat Pro Bowler Jammal Brown on a couple plays to get to Brees.

Name recognition does play into it though, and since he has been a Pro Bowler before Samuels gets the benefit of the doubt on a losing team that Randy Thomas doesn't get. Still, it's hard to argue against Steven Hutchinson or Shawn Andrews.

It would've been nice to see Sean Taylor there, but he'll get his chance. We just need to string together a couple winning seasons and we'll see a lot more of our guys headed to Hawaii.

Archived