Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins VS Saints Official Post Game Thread (Merged)

Pete

So here's an interesting debate for next season...Portis, or Betts? Apparently Betts has stepped up and has shown that he's got moves and speed and everything that Portis got. Still love CP, but Betts is stepping up!

How about both?

Why does it have to be either/or?

Portis is an elite back. Betts will be a great compliment to him.

So here's an interesting debate for next season...Portis, or Betts? Apparently Betts has stepped up and has shown that he's got moves and speed and everything that Portis got. Still love CP, but Betts is stepping up!

The guys doing the game talked about how we fans are poed by the situation with Portis and Betts. I don't know about you, but I can't keep a smile off my face when I think about it.

Lets hope for a healthy team next year, all the injuries really hurt us this year.

You can't win games when your defense is on the injury report or on injured reserve.

Its the scariest part of the game, Hap.You never know if your team is gonna recover form a key kloss like some do orgo all the way down like so often happens. Weird how that is on a team sport where it's all so complex a puzzle at times.

You know all year long I've been on the Chris Samuels bandwagon even when everyone was hopping off saying how ovepaid and crappy he was.

Well once again Samuels completely shut down an elite pass rusher in Will Smith, who had 10 sacks coming into the year.

It's time some of you guys(I don't know who in particular)step up and admit you were wrong and I was right. Samuels should be an All-Pro and may be the best LT in the NFC.

My apologies for my statement about choosing Portis or Betts, I agree, I think we should keep both. I mean as long as CP stays healthy. I dont think I could choose just one if I had to..they are both dominant structures that make the run game one to fear by other teams.

The swarming around the ball, gang tackling defense we came to know and love over the past 2 seasons showed up today. I'm not sure what Coach Williams did or said to fire those guys up, but it worked, ( that or maybe Coach Gibbs paid a visit to the defensive meetings ;) ).

This was a great game for our skins. The game shouldn't have been that close, because on the Aints only touchdown drive it was clear as day that the play clock expired before Brees hiked the ball. Was I the only one that saw that? I think every game should be reviewed by officals and fines be assed for mistakes. Ref's are making to many mistake this year and it is hurting not only our team but the whole league. Also the league needs to look at the stiff arm, if a defender can't grab a face mask, then the player running shouldn't be able to grab it either or oush the defender away by the face mask. LT is a great back but look at most of is stiff arms they should be 15 yard penalties. Does any one agree with?

I think Betts is benefitting, just like JC, in getting playing time to hone his skills. Getting real game experience is better than practice. Since this season is a wash I like the time the "other" players are getting. The patience he showed today, amazing! The holes he had to go through, amazing! The time JC had to throw a pass, AMAZING!!

This was a great game for our skins. The game shouldn't have been that close, because on the Aints only touchdown drive it was clear as day that the play clock expired before Brees hiked the ball. Was I the only one that saw that? I think every game should be reviewed by officals and fines be assed for mistakes. Ref's are making to many mistake this year and it is hurting not only our team but the whole league. Also the league needs to look at the stiff arm, if a defender can't grab a face mask, then the player running shouldn't be able to grab it either or oush the defender away by the face mask. LT is a great back but look at most of is stiff arms they should be 15 yard penalties. Does any one agree with?

No, you were NOT the only one to nitice that.

I also noticed everyone in the free world could see Moss got his hand under that 1st down completion (except the refs of course.)

I also noticed Andre Carter on his way to smear Brees if not for two Saints pulling and tugging him back from behind. (refs didn't see that either)

What a GAME.... That was so much fun....:applause: :applause: :applause:

Masterful game.. Defense ROCKED

Offense Rocked.....

That last drive worried me but I see why we DIDNT GO for it on 4th and 2.

Man that was a good game....

HAIL

If we had gone for it on 4th, and didn't make it, it would have been 13-10 and a fieldgoal would have tied it. As it was at 16-10 they had to make a touchdown.

It was a good call even though a lot of people disagreed with it. When your that close to the endzone there aren't a lot of running lanes open.

I think the skins have found their ID. Jason is their Qb he throws the ball downfield unlike Brunell. Next year when portis gets healthy I think we should put Betts and Portis in the backfield together. Gibbs will right the ship, Al Saunders offense will get going and the defense needs to play with a Sean Taylor attitude. HTTR

I think the skins have found their ID. Jason is their Qb he throws the ball downfield unlike Brunell. Next year when portis gets healthy I think we should put Betts and Portis in the backfield together. Gibbs will right the ship, Al Saunders offense will get going and the defense needs to play with a Sean Taylor attitude. HTTR

+1 on that! :cheers:

I thought we'd learned our ID last year when we averaged almost 136 yards rushing per game and most of that came in the 5 game streak. When we went something like 6-1 in games where CP got over 100 yards. Even in 2004, we NEVER lossed when CP went for more than 100. Now that we've found JC who seems to be able to hit passes downfield, we can play Joe Gibbs offense: killer running game that sets up the big pass play! I hope we don't forget again.

Archived