Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins VS Saints Official Post Game Thread (Merged)

Pete

I can't think of a better way to go into the holiday weekend, savoring a upset win on the road. We surely are a work in progress, but this was a very hard faught game, they stuck together, and never gave up. Can't ask for much more with the way the season has played out.

:point2sky :point2sky :point2sky :point2sky

One thing I did notice today is the fact that the offense was calling a LOT of deep passes!! Even if they don't connect of all of them, the defense MUST back off the line of scrimmage and in turn that opened up a lot of running lanes for Betts and Duckett. A GREAT sign for next season.

Phixus,

Beside our inablity to take the ball away, leaving points on the field has been our biggest problem. 12 against Minnesota and at least 12 last week. 12 this week and if we'd just got 8 of those, we'd have not gone to the wire. Against Dallas(2), we left at least 9. Anyway, a win is a win and close wins are fun although I'd like some more games were I can start knocking back tasty ones by Q4.

Who was that team that beat the Saints? Wait..it was our Skins! Too bad we didnt play like that the 9 other times that we lost. In my opinion though I think Gibbs needs to have more confidence in the team and go for more 4th down plays. But nonetheless, awesome game, awesome win..not that it means anything except a win but it just goes to show that we still got it! Also, as far as next season..I think we got the guys to get er done, maybe a few key draft picks might make a more solid team..but I still think the coaching staff needs to get their heads out of wherever they have them stuck and come up with a consistent game plan. Ok, thats my 2 cents worth. Great football playing by all! And I think JC will do just fine as starting QB next year, if you disagree..then apparently you didn't watch todays game!

I just hope we finish this year out continuing to build good things for the next. I would ove to see our unity and belief return. Most of these people were on our team last year when most of us were very grateful for the way things seemed to be headed, flaws and all. The ones that have joined still seem like talented people to me. I'l looking for a mesh, not a purge.

Archived