Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Visiting the Smithsonian help please :)

Coooleeey

Hey Everyone got a couple questions for you.

I've been to all these places when I was young but thinking of heading back out to them this weekend. I am thinking of going to the Natural History museum at 10th and Con.

Pretty much I'm going on a date and want to sort of wow her since she never in a million years would expect this. We have been off and on for a while and it will be good to catch up in a non-destructive manner (ie getting bombed at a bar). She is an environmental scientist and I see they have this exhibit going on right now:

Nature’s Best: Experience Nature Through the Art of Photography - An exhibition of selected winning images from the 2006 Nature’s Best Photography Windland Smith Rice International Awards and the National Wildlife Photography Awards competitions. Exhibit: November 10, 2006 - March 19, 2007

If you all can think of a better place to go that would be awesome. I'm trying to keep it somewhat interesting but don't know enough to make the right choice.

I work in the city so I plan on faking a work emergency and dragging her along with me.

This thread should be titled "Fun things to do in the Smithsonian" :D

I'll go first.

Climb up the side of the Wooly Mammoth and yell down to everyone "Hey, would someone mind putting a quarter in this thing?" The cuss violently when nothing happens, and give it a good kick. "They STILL haven't fixed this ride!"

The new one, the museum of the American Indian is also pretty awesome. Natural History is fun, whenever I take people there I make sure we see an IMAX. They have a really awesome 3-D one of the Gallopagos Islands.

Their websites are pretty tough to navigate through. Maybe the American Indian one would be better to go to. Maybe the search function will give me some more info on the IMAX stuff.

Dress up like the Red Baron complete with leather cap, goggles, and scarf.

Run around the Air & Space museum shouting to everyone that the museum stolen your plane and Snoopy is getting away

:rotflmao: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Ok, serious answer:

Just because she's an environmental scientist doesnt mean she wants to be surrounded by that in her time off.

Go to the Spy Museum. Its interesting as hell.

Dress up like the Red Baron complete with leather cap, goggles, and scarf.

Run around the Air & Space museum shouting to everyone that the museum stolen your plane and Snoopy is getting away

Cover your face in soot, wear coveralls, a hard hat and a head lamp, and crawl around in the mineral exhibits. Pick up crystals and scream "Eureka!" intermittently.

Zoony's idea answer:

Go to the National Zoo (yes, its part of the Smithsonian) and go giraffe tipping.

Those ****ers fall like a ton of bricks. TIMMMMMMM-BERRRRRRRRR!

:laugh:

(don't forget ladder though)

Cover your face in soot, wear coveralls, a hard hat and a head lamp, and crawl around in the mineral exhibits. Pick up crystals and scream "Eureka!" intermittently.

:laugh: :laugh: :applause:

Take a hammer and hit the protective glass in front of the Hope Diamond, the security guys love it when you do this.;)

Seriously:

I like Air & Space, Natural History, and American History.

I hear the Holocaust Museum is good, but not in a dating sort of way.

Depending on what she's in to any of the above would be good.

Hey maybe you're right PB. I got some more info on the natural history museum, that's the one with the huge dinosaurs lol.
As far as date museums go though, the Natural History Museum is not bad.

Hope Diamond = money.

...a fun thing you could do is get some fake jewelry, then run out of the exhibit and when you bump into a security guard and drop it on the ground, yell "My precious!"

Take a hammer and hit the protective glass in front of the Hope Diamond, the security guys love it when you do this.;)

Seriously:

I like Air & Space, Natural History, and American History.

I hear the Holocaust Museum is good, but not in a dating sort of way.

Depending on what she's in to any of the above would be good.

BTW, the American History Museum is closed for renovations until 2008.

It's not a date as in we don't know each other very well so we can go anywhere. My birthday is tomorrow and she wants to take me out and I'm thinking this is much more fun than just going to dinner.

The spy museum looks awesome so I think we may start off at the natural history and go over there for one of the last visits. Or we can do that some other time. I have to look at how easy it would be to get from one to the other.

It's not a date as in we don't know each other very well so we can go anywhere. My birthday is tomorrow and she wants to take me out and I'm thinking this is much more fun than just going to dinner.

The spy museum looks awesome so I think we may start off at the natural history and go over there for one of the last visits. Or we can do that some other time. I have to look at how easy it would be to get from one to the other.

Spy Museum takes a long time to get through. Just FYI.

But its cool, they give you headphones with a guide talking to you as you walk through.

As far as date museums go though, the Natural History Museum is not bad.

Hope Diamond = money.

...a fun thing you could do is get some fake jewelry, then run out of the exhibit and when you bump into a security guard and drop it on the ground, yell "My precious!"

Come to think of it, never take someone who isn't already your wife to see the Hope diamond, because after that everything else is gonna look like Cubic Zirconia.

since you're taking a woman on a date, the natural history museum is the best choice. it's the most boring, pottery filled, woman oriented museum i've ever been to. not completely, keep in mind, it's a great museum, it just has more of the female form of interesting things.

The Botanical Garden next to the Capitol is cool. The Art Gallery is pretty nice also. Avoid the Native American museum at all cost. I've been there and there is nothing there worth checking out but that's just my opinion. If you decide to go there let me know what you guys think of it. The Zoo is always a sure thing.

Climb up onto the top of the Smithsonian castle.

130_130_si_castle_002.jpg

When people try to enter, pour boiling oil on them, drop heavy rocks, and shoot arrows at them.

:laugh:

Go thru the dinosaur exhibit and make all of the skeletons anatomically correct. Improvise using items readily available including mop handles, line-ropes, etc

Archived